BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Bring on the lemon diet....... B)

Also here for the great gif's that will be posted

And the sharky in the end grin
    Will be entertaining again.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    avvgromano wrote: »

Ah, that stuff tends to be regulated in many US states, so most recipes we get here for Limoncello use Vodka, as it's the flavorless spirit we have the most access to.

And, yes, it's really just the zests that flavor the yumminess. I hope that doesn't take away the magical toxin-removing superpowers of the lemons, though.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I have been trying this as freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with water. I will admit the taste is pretty tart by itself, but I do think it is helping me. I will keep testing this to see if it works. I'd never heard of adding syrup and pepper to it. Maybe I'll try it.

What?! No. *kitten* you. Seriously.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'm confused. Vodka isn't alcohol?

Vodka is a Russian liquor made by fermenting potatoes or cereals, while for limoncello we use just plain alcohol. The vodka variation sounds interesting though :)

I don't know anything about either, but I do like your profile pic. My husband and I went to MOMA in NY a couple of years ago and loved the Futurist room the most.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I think I might actually try adding lemon to my drinks this weekend.

Not sure if I'll be able to consume 2 liters of any lemon-concoction, but why not at least try to flush the so-called toxins out?

My only questions are... do you think the lemon will go better in tequila or vodka?

And can the toxins be removed when I violently decimate my bathroom by throwing up from alcohol poisoning?

Tequila is always the right answer.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    n100674 wrote: »
    kjkdyvwk6olz.jpg

This will never work! You have to add maple syrup and cayenne pepper for optimal results.

@tincanonastring. Post the beardy man gif ...pppplease :winning smile:

He's not the one you want for the bearded NO gif.... @trogalicious is the one you want for that. I hope he sees this >:)

Yep. Sorry, luv. My beard is not at the trog's level. Not by a long shot. That man's beard is a thing of beauty, I tell you.

No :open_mouth: ...I got the wrong beard? I am now embarrassed

giphy.gif

But with beard envy :blush:

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited February 2015
    kjkdyvwk6olz.jpg

This will never work! You have to add maple syrup and cayenne pepper for optimal results.

Yep.

OP, I hope you posted this as a joke and don't really believe that lemon juice has special properties.

The only way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit. You can include lemon juice if you want, or even whole lemons, but if you eat over your maintenance calories you will gain weight.

• abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member

Not sure if I'll be able to consume 2 liters of any lemon-concoction, but why not at least try to flush the so-called toxins out?

My only questions are... do you think the lemon will go better in tequila or vodka?

And can the toxins be removed when I violently decimate my bathroom by throwing up from alcohol poisoning?

Tequila is always the right answer.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila floor!

Hey, maybe that is how the toxinz are removed - when you hit the floor, they burst free!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Well, let's see. Benefits of lemon juice.
    1. Lemonade
    2. Useful as salad dressing ingredient
    3. Add small amount to egg whites when making meringue, helps it hold up better
    4. Keeps cut fruits from turning brown
    5. A wedge of lemon or lime in a Corona beer is really nice
    6. Can be used to clabber milk for recipes if you don't have actual buttermilk
    7. Good on chicken or fish

and stuff like that.

Also lemon dressing on Turkish kofte ...omnomnom

I'm thinking of some lemon poppy seed bread or muffins. They are delicious!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member

Ahhh....Everclear!!!!!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    kjkdyvwk6olz.jpg

He's not the one you want for the bearded NO gif.... @trogalicious is the one you want for that. I hope he sees this >:)

Yep. Sorry, luv. My beard is not at the trog's level. Not by a long shot. That man's beard is a thing of beauty, I tell you.

giphy.gif

Gary forgives you and understands your jealousy. Yes, the beard's name is Gary. Yes, I named him. No, I don't want to talk about what this says about me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    kjkdyvwk6olz.jpg

giphy.gif

Gary forgives you and understands your jealousy. Yes, the beard's name is Gary. Yes, I named him. No, I don't want to talk about what this says about me.

:laugh:
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    I do like your profile pic.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it, it is Dinamismo di un Ciclista by Umberto Boccioni.

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    I bought a car that was a lemon once does that count
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Limoncello is vodka in which lemons have been soaked for a few weeks. Delicious. Perhaps it's the holy grail: alcohol that cleanses your liver? Beautiful.

Vodka? Maybe some American variation. The original Sicilian limoncello is just made with alcohol, sugar, and lemon skin (whole lemons would go rotten).
    Yes, the recipe I used was with rectified spirit, not vodka. It's 98% alcohol or something. You get squiffy just from the fumes!
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    edited February 2015

Ever made a Gin Bucket? Lemons go great in there.... And Oranges & limes... :)

(Edited for spelling.... my fingers arent cooperating today)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I could have sworn that I read in another thread that anything that can be used as a household cleaner shouldn't be eaten.
  • I've been really curious about this whole lemon juice hype so I decided to look into it a bit further. I found this article written by a doctor that mostly debunks all of these claims. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    I came here on the off-chance that "Benefita" is a new recipe for delicious cocktail with lemons.

So disappointed :(
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Strong first post lol

Her post count is at zero, i'm guessing because she posted a topic and not a comment.

fail