Favourite Vegetable? What do you do with it?

Options
124»

Replies

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Love most veg - one tasty way I like to cook carrots is to slice them into an oven-proof dish, add zest and juice of an orange, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper and a little dairy-free spread, cover with foil and bake in the oven, medium heat for about 45 minutes - YUM!
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash! Cooking it is like a Play-Doh Fun Factory for adults. So very satisfying. I like it plain, mixed with cottage cheese, or topped with chili powder.

For crunchiness, I love me some raw jicama. Peel it, slice it thin, sprinkle with salt, maybe lime juice, definitely chili powder or cayenne pepper.

Are you my twin LOL, love both of these, although I have never tried cottage cheese on the spaghetti squash. I may just make that today, have the squash and cottage cheese in fridge. and jicama is so good. I love eating it plain, but also have used it in stir fries. stays crunchy even when cooked. Just hard to find at times :neutral_face:
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    I blame all of you for forcing me out into the record breaking cold here yesterday to buy a bunch of veggies to roast for dinner LOL.. but I forgave each of you once I started chowing down! Tried the broccoli roasted for the first time; think I prefer it steamed but adding the asparagus was fab - and I forgot the fennel to try but loving trying some new stuff! Thanks for the thread op and thanks for all the yummy ideas! :D