Cheat Days?

Options
13»

Replies

• Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    darlech wrote: »
    I eat 1200 calories a day, more if I exercise (yes I eat my extra calories)....I also allow myself a cheat day once a week and to be honest I rarely go over 1500 calories on a cheat day. I've been doing MFP for over 2 years and have learned how to incorporate the foods I like in my everyday meals....I eat 5 times a day and drink about 8 glasses of water.

You have to do what works for you, if you crave a sweet or salty snack just be smart about how much of it you eat....and don't beat yourself up about it, tomorrow is a new day!

How much have you lost in those 2 years? And 1500 isn't really a cheat day. You should enjoy yourself more often
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 calories! Honestly I am scared to have a cheat day because I am seeing such great results already.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    tkouns2015 wrote: »
    I am eating 1200 calories! Honestly I am scared to have a cheat day because I am seeing such great results already.

I'm eating 1370( or was) 1 day isn't going to ruin your progress. Don't do it the day before you weigh in, at least 2 days before. The day you weigh in is good also. Find out what your maintenance number is and try to stay under that and guaranteed you will still record a loss as long as you have followed your WL goals the rest of the time. I've lost 90lbs. Had like 6 cheat meals and never had a single stall
  • chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more food. Netting less than 1200 a day will mess up your metabolism for the long haul. Trust me.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cereal as a cheat food has to be the saddest thing I ever heard.

If I'm "cheating", it's going to be with my boyfriend, Signore Cannoli.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Cheat Days has such a negative connotation, try Treat Days instead

Oo I like that. Treat day
  • Robbnva
    Options
    chaitrex wrote: »
    You need to eat more food. Netting less than 1200 a day will mess up your metabolism for the long haul. Trust me.

That's not really true, but I'm curious where you are getting your data from