"Clean" eating vs. Moderation- what works for you?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »

so people who eat the occasional Dorito, ice cream, etc are not going to say stay thin, or be able to breath properly....?? Wow, I guess we are all screwed...

Absolutely, because 56 pounds gone later, I am no longer panting when I walk fast or go up stairs and my pants are sliding of the hips from which I've lost 8.5 inches since last April. I guess I'm not really on the road to "thin" after all.

Huh.

Go figure.

that is a result of losing 56 pounds, not food choice.

Um I think she was agreeing with you? Saying she's lost 56 pounds while eating some of the things you listed? I may be wrong.

ETA: apparently I am wrong - sorry!

No, actually I was agreeing. That's why I don't understand the venom. Look at my food diary and see what side of the coin lands face up. Again, I really don't care at this point, but reading comprehension is a lovely thing.

I thought you were being sarcastic. Like that you practice moderation but regardless you somehow lost weight and aren't out of breath and are on the road to thin.

I've been skimming the thread though, I may have missed something. But either I read sarcasm that wasn't actually there, or others are missing sarcasm that was there.

I think this thread just needs to die now….

It was so very long... gave me something to read while I got my steps in though.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

so people who eat the occasional Dorito, ice cream, etc are not going to say stay thin, or be able to breath properly....?? Wow, I guess we are all screwed...

Absolutely, because 56 pounds gone later, I am no longer panting when I walk fast or go up stairs and my pants are sliding of the hips from which I've lost 8.5 inches since last April. I guess I'm not really on the road to "thin" after all.

Huh.

Go figure.

Um I think she was agreeing with you? Saying she's lost 56 pounds while eating some of the things you listed? I may be wrong.

No, actually I was agreeing. That's why I don't understand the venom. Look at my food diary and see what side of the coin lands face up. Again, I really don't care at this point, but reading comprehension is a lovely thing.

I thought you were being sarcastic. Like that you practice moderation but regardless you somehow lost weight and aren't out of breath and are on the road to thin.

I've been skimming the thread though, I may have missed something. But either I read sarcasm that wasn't actually there, or others are missing sarcasm that was there.

Yes please...

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Huh.

Go figure.

if you were agreeing with me ..my bad….

I could not tell ...

There is this nifty little symbol on a keyboard. It looks like this: ? It indicates the interrogative nature of a statement. It is generally used when an individual seeks to gain information. People seek to gain information when they are uncertain of what they believe to be the facts in a given situation. It generally works quite well.

Lourdesong got it. Next time I'll remember to use the sarcasm tag.

But really, you may have noticed that I used that nifty symbol mentioned above. See, I was seeking information that could have cleared up your misconception immediately, instead of you trying to vaguely "educate" me over several pages. Ah well, live and learn.

Edited to add:

"My bad" is not a apology; however, I'll take it as one.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Huh.

Go figure.

tumblr_my8frgdRKH1rik0amo1_r2_500.gif

I'm gonna have to agree.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.