Options
124»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP was this your reaction when you found out this shocking news…

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif

I kind of wish that I bothered putting in the sugar grams for my private database entries so I could see how much sugar I eat on average... but I only fill in macros, calories, fiber, and sodium. Alas.

I track mine..i get between 70 to 100 a day ..just depends...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    OP was this your reaction when you found out this shocking news…

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif

I kind of wish that I bothered putting in the sugar grams for my private database entries so I could see how much sugar I eat on average... but I only fill in macros, calories, fiber, and sodium. Alas.

I track mine..i get between 70 to 100 a day ..just depends...

I've been eating a lot of chocolate lately. I also eat lots of fruit. My veins are filled with sugar ~*~
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is awesome, and actually has 50 percent more calcium than milk. Though I admit I bought the vanilla. Not sure how many grams of sugar, but only 60 calories, even less than skim milk. The original almond milk is only 40 calories a serving, I think. Flavored probably has a bit of sugar in it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power.

That's the big lie about low fat milk. When friends of mine were doing Atkins, they pointed out the protein/fat/sugar ratios in whole milk, lowfat milk and skim milk.

As a general rule, if the food industry takes out something (fat) they replace it with something else (sugar).

For me, higher protein and lower sugar are more important than fat content; your mileage may vary.

Knowledge is power...they don't add sugar to the milk.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is awesome, and actually has 50 percent more calcium than milk. Though I admit I bought the vanilla. Not sure how many grams of sugar, but only 60 calories, even less than skim milk. The original almond milk is only 40 calories a serving, I think. Flavored probably has a bit of sugar in it.

I buy the unsweetened original almond milk by blue diamond 30 calories, 45% calcium 1 gram protein and 0 sugar
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Almond Milk is the best no carb alternative I have found...even non-fat milk has carbs.

Especially non-fat milk, that's like soda.