What was the last straw?

Options

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A whole combination of things, but 35 (age) coming up in December is my biggie right now.
  • MonicaSmith98
    MonicaSmith98 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and they were taking pictures of teachers to post around the school to show off some of the good lessons we were teaching. I didn't recognize myself in the pictures because I had gained around 40 pounds since I hit my 30's and had two kids. I walked by the picture and just realized enough is enough.
  • ambalam
    ambalam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sigh. My last straw happens when I see the scale read over 300 lbs. Plus I showed an old pic of myself to a coworker who said "damn. What happened?" I'm not excited about sex anymore. I think my man is nuts Bc he's willing to go there. That and we had a very finicky insane baby 8 mo ago. I am 27! And I'm frumpy! I started losing weight, got a haircut, and a tattoo. I've always been a unique, comical, optimistic person. But here lately all I've done is felt sore and cried.
  • blondiemeetssparky
    Options
    I found myself in love with ballet and I was given the opportunity to perform (in costumes that don't let you hide a darn thing) I realized that my weight embarrassed me and I didn't want to let it stop me from taking opportunity in life. I decided I will perform in the ballet performance in June and I will look dang good in those costumes! I have been keeping under my calorie goal and working out untill I burn 1k calories everyday since! I will do this! Don't let weight control your life! Take charge!
  • adolfa18
    adolfa18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring won't fit properly on me anymore since I had our second child recently. It's nothing spectacular, but it means so much to me and I don't want to have to resize it or buy another one because this one just holds a lot of sentimental value.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Seeing some godawful photos of myself, my knees hurting and a burning desire to look good at a wedding I am going to in August. It was a convergence of things.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Straws that piled on:
    1. My Brother-In-Law's wedding photos
    2. My divorce.
    3. My breakup with a 'complication'(he INSISTS we were never 'together'). They say you teach best what you most need to learn. He taught me(by moving on so quickly) that he didn't love himself and therefore couldn't STAND to be alone.

I realized I needed to love myself enough to be comfortable being alone and then love would find me. If not, I'd be strong enough and love myself enough to be alone. Now I am showing myself love by torturing* myself with logging, walking, jogging, and lifting.

*Note: I secretly enjoy it but tell no one!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I died, they brought me back and I woke up.

talk about second chances!
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This time (5'9 HW 227 lost 75 made goal 152 and stayed there for 3 years then gained 30 then stayed there for few years and finally gotten back up 55 lbs)
    1. BMI offically obese agai
    2. Scale was over 200 again
    3. Some picture I was ashamed of
    4. Started to think how could hubby be attracted to me I am so fat.
    5. The night I had a funny feeling in my chest while my kido was on spring break with his dad (aka my ex). I texted him just I love you as I was falling asleep in case something happened in the night. I was next to my husband and didn't say a word since I was ashamed. Luckly for me it wasn't a heart attack probally something I ate.
    6. Knowing that we will be around hubbys very spiteful ex wife ina few months for a thing with hubbys kido. She last year texted a picture of DH ex girlfriend who she pretends to be friends with saying doesn't she look aweful.
    7. Big vacation in august that I want to love the pictures for years to come.

So here I am dedecated to getting back to goal and running.
  • dedhedchik
    dedhedchik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The word morbidly obese. I want to be around for my kids. I originally lost 100Llbs but then had another child, and had become more sedentary,put some of the weight on, couldn't wear all those cute clothes i had gotten before baby. And then when I was at dr, blood pressure said at risk, nope knew i had to get back on track.
  • mt8998
    mt8998 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A few straws did it for me
    1. Taking a family photo and realising that I looked like a whale compared to the rest of my family
    2. The new big size jeans I bought last December, barely fitting me in February
    3. Going to Spain in the Summer
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Needing to be prepared to go on job interviews and looking like the Michelin Man in all of my old office clothes. Total panic mode because I couldn't afford anything new. That day I ate half the lunch I'd already prepared myself - ignoring the cupcake I'd planned on eating for dessert - put on my dusty workout clothes, and pushed myself to walk three miles (it took me almost an hour and I felt like I was dying).

Now, I'm down 134 lbs., I'm walking 6.5 miles in 90 minutes daily, and those office clothes are ready to be donated because they're ridiculously huge on me. :)
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What was the final push you had to finally lose the weight? What was your motivation?

I was sick and tired of Exercising and Gaining weight............ Somehow I figured out that carbohydrates were the culprit.. I was blessed, I met a personal trainer on the train, (no pun intended) and i told her my situation she said you eat bread? i said yes she said that will make you gain weight. I took what she sai aplied it to myself and now i lost weight.
  • lichic25
    lichic25 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Looking back at photos from when I was in my sister's wedding. I was so disappointed in how I looked and decided that enough was enough. The past year has had its ups and downs in terms of progress but for the past month I've worked out 4x a week and am tracking my calories. I can't remember the last time I felt this motivated!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit into a rollercoaster seat at Busch Gardens :( ... in front of what felt like a 100 people staring at me...and in front of my husband. My heart was broken.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Candid pictures from the beach 5 years ago. I keep one of the pics on my phone just in case I forget. I'm not where I want to be yet, but everyday I'm getting healthier and more fit which is the real goal versus a number on the scale which was the old goal.
  • jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My last straw was just an overall feeling of disgust at myself for getting to this point. I want to feel like myself again in a body that more closely resembles the person I want to be. We are going to NYC this summer for a wedding and I want to wear a cute dress and feel AMAZING in it!
  • ineedachange185
    ineedachange185 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and I was still over 200lbs even after a year from having my third child. So I have lost 30 so far and plan to lose 30 more.
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. Scary.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!