73 lbs down and I reached my first goal (pics)

Options
Anyone who has struggled with weight loss knows that setting forward thinking goals can put a realistic damper on the whole process. Thinking about losing nearly 200 pounds can almost induce a panic attack. In three years I had lost and regained the same 50 lbs about three times. So weighing anything below 347lbs seemed impossible and improbable. 347 was my wall, that weight I could just never seem to get below.

photo2_zps9fd9eabe.jpg
410 lbs
photo4_zpsc8f4d21f.jpg
photo5_zps0b098dfa.jpg

200 pounds, it’s a huge number! I was starting at 410 lbs and thought just getting below that 347 would be amazing. So I set two mini goals to ease that number in my mind. The first goal was a number I hadn’t seen in three years, the 330’s and just for the hell of it my second goal was 299, just so I could finally say I was out of the 300’s.

Today, I can finally say I broke the 330’s. This morning I weighed in at 337 lbs. I had made it. Somehow I made it to a goal that I threw together, half expecting myself to fail, again. I weighed myself three times on different scales, expecting one of them to jump to 347. I stepped off the scale today crying for a new reason today, absolute shock and disbelief that it actual happened. I made my first goal.
726a8804-4175-476f-b89b-217027a01cf4_zps19af7612.jpg
photo3_zps18a1a1c5.jpg
photo6_zpsb034b608.jpg

Replies

• moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You are awesomesauce! Keep it up! Setting and meeting goals is a true hallmark of a successful person. Congrats
  • asbo29
    asbo29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done you have done amazing. Keep up the fab work x
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Amazing job! You should be incredibly proud of yourself.
  • Saraaw23
    Saraaw23 Posts: 35
    Options
    So great! keep up the amazing work..Can't wait to hear how excited you are when you get to your 2nd goal!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    First of all, you are very pretty! :flowerforyou:
    And you should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    Options
    Well done! Amazing! Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • phasesme
    phasesme Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!!! That's 73 pounds gone forever!!! No more back tracking. That 73 lbs makes it look like a different person is wearing that shirt...Great job..I ca't wait to see the end of you journey. Your a inspiration I've losing the same 20 pounds for 2 months ans trying to get past this point. thanks for posting you reaching your mini goal!
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, you look fantastic. Keep up the excellent work!!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic job. You look great.:drinker:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Well done!! Thanks for reminding everyone that you should never give up and that hard work will be rewarded!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful. Be proud, you did it. Keep up the awesome work. Thanks for sharing
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    congrats on making the first goal of getting past 347!! stay committed and the next 70 lb will be off before you know it- see you then girl :)
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • lizzieplus2
    lizzieplus2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    amazing!! :D
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful!!! I know that it is hard with knowing there is a lot to lose. Mini-goals are the way to go. You can do it! You've proved it! Now all you have to do is keep up the good work :) WTG! :)
  • hladams8110
    hladams8110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job! Way to go!
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful girl(before and after)! Congrats!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment. I bet you can drop another 70 just as easy. Stay focused and keep up the great work!!!!
  • tray1966
    tray1966 Posts: 3
    Options
    Fantastic, be rightly proud of what you have achieved! You look amazing! Way to go girl!
  • fitmommapear
    fitmommapear Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are incredible!! You look so much happier as well! Keep it up, small and simple goals bring great success! You can reach every single goals of yours as long as you keep up your positivity and stay proud of where you have come and where you are going! YOU GO GIRL!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!