fast metabolism and trying to gain weight

Options
13»

Replies

• amyeagle10
    Options
    Can anyone help me overcome this, I have been 9st 4Ibs since high school and have never been able to gain a pound, so am looking to bulk up a little and healthily.
    Thank you.
    Aidan

Hey :) Me and my boyfriend have always had the same problem super fast metabolism and we eat and eat and don't gain. But I started taking the Herbalife protein supplements and it has helped us out a lot. I was able to gain 15lbs and my boyfriend has gained 40lbs in 5 months and we didn't gain any fat thats the best part we're doing it healthy. Becaue we wanted to gain weight but not in an unhealthy weight either
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    amyeagle10 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me overcome this, I have been 9st 4Ibs since high school and have never been able to gain a pound, so am looking to bulk up a little and healthily.
    Thank you.
    Aidan

Hey :) Me and my boyfriend have always had the same problem super fast metabolism and we eat and eat and don't gain. But I started taking the Herbalife protein supplements and it has helped us out a lot. I was able to gain 15lbs and my boyfriend has gained 40lbs in 5 months and we didn't gain any fat thats the best part we're doing it healthy. Becaue we wanted to gain weight but not in an unhealthy weight either

Didn't gain any fat? No one has ever been able to do that!!
    Anyway OP is gaining now.

Without magic.
  • amyeagle10
    Options
    Thank you.
    Aidan

Without magic.
    [/quote
    Thank you.
    Aidan

Without magic.

Actually with the right nutrition yes you can gain weight with no negative fat added. My boyfriend gained 40 pounds and dropped his body fat from 12% to 7% and I gained 15 lbs and dropped my fat from 22% to 19% :smile: and yes I agree with you *no magic* it's 20% correct exercise and 80% good nutrition; we put hard work at the gym eat correctly and healthy and supplement our body the right way with the right proteins
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Actually with the right nutrition yes you can gain weight with no negative fat added. My boyfriend gained 40 pounds and dropped his body fat from 12% to 7% and I gained 15 lbs and dropped my fat from 22% to 19% :smile: and yes I agree with you *no magic* it's 20% correct exercise and 80% good nutrition; we put hard work at the gym eat correctly and healthy and supplement our body the right way with the right proteins

so you're saying you added 15 pounds of lean mass in 5 months? does Herbalife come with steroids now?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

so you're saying you added 15 pounds of lean mass in 5 months? does Herbalife come with steroids now?

No...but they have added extra woo-woo magic in the latest batch I heard.
  • amyeagle10
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I know it sounds crazy and herbalife is no magic but it is possible. herbalife all it is is a supplement proteins and nutrients yes I eat and try to keep my meals super clean a lot of chicken tuna I increased my carbs and additional for every meal I do I take an herbalife shake that helps me add calories, more protein, good fats and that's all. No magic just like any supplement I'm able to get what I don't get from food and all I'm saying is I've had great results, results that I haven't been able to reach before. Right now I'm currently training for a body building competition and herbalife comes in handy and a supplement and that's what I wanted to share because it's helped me
  • aidancuthbertson1993
    Options
    Jorocka you are a heroo haha are you just strengthening now? Cheers amy trying to avoid supplements and just sticking to eating every 2 hours haha
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
    Aidan

Also.
    It's my boyfriend and I.

And secondly. You're wrong.
    Jorocka you are a heroo haha are you just strengthening now? Cheers amy trying to avoid supplements and just sticking to eating every 2 hours haha
    happy dance.

whatever schedule helps you get the food in- honestly food timing matters very little- and one of the big reason TO DO so: is bulking- i.e. trying to eat 3K EVERY single day at one sitting is a completely and utter PITA_ so spreading it out helps ease the full stomach dance.

Now- eat all ze foodz and enjoy all ze gains! <muah ha ha ha ha ha>
  • mesagar
    mesagar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im trying to gain weight too. I compete in figure bodybuilding competitions and have had to increase my calories significantly. My goal is to gain 10 lbs muscle this year.
  • aidancuthbertson1993
    Options
    Hahaha JoRocka thats all av been doing is eating like a horse the now surprised my jaw hasn't gave way yet haha yeah am just eating every 2 hours thats when am borderline hungry I just had to start off with that because I had to get used to 'enjoy eating' but since then its just every hour or so am like mmm food time even if its a snack but always make sure I get my main meals and premeals everyday am averaging around 3500-4000 a day so am dooingg gooood!!

P.s. Wtf was with ze German accent hahaha best buddy on this like!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    http://icanhas.cheezburger.com/

sprung out of that site... it's an LOLcat thing plus this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amt9mLvQM5w

that has morphed into stuff like ALL ZE GAINZ.

it's just a thing- don't mind me.
  • aidancuthbertson1993
    Options
    Ohhh will definitely check that out cheeerz haha your crazy..but crazys awesome haha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Metruis wrote: »
    its as bad as being called fat,
    You have never been fat, and have absolutely no right to make the statement that it's better or worse than anything....

I've been both...underweight skinny and over fat. My body image issues were far worse when I was skinny...when my doctor told me that I needed to get my diet right and lose some weight for health reasons I was scared to death because I didn't want to be skinny again.

When I was skinny I got bullied and pushed around a lot. Girls laughed at me and yes...I was petty much invisible...That was my perception at the time anyway...and frankly I don't know how accurate that perception was given my own self loathing at that time. It is very much the same thing.

• Lizzymae690
    Options
    I'm trying to gain healthy weight as I have the same struggle as you. If you have a good blender you should try drinking a fruit smoothie with avocado & 2% milk. After workouts I also mix in protein powder to help gain muscle.

I'm having a hard time reaching my 2080 calories a day. I'm hoping to create a better regimen for myself over spring break. Finally been able to maintain 100lbs though. Good luck!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I'm trying to gain healthy weight as I have the same struggle as you. If you have a good blender you should try drinking a fruit smoothie with avocado & 2% milk. After workouts I also mix in protein powder to help gain muscle.

I'm having a hard time reaching my 2080 calories a day. I'm hoping to create a better regimen for myself over spring break. Finally been able to maintain 100lbs though. Good luck!

Stop blending avacado and milk together and eat the ice cream. 2000 calories isn't that much food.
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The only way I'd have trouble getting 2080 calories is if I have to restrict myself to 2080 calories. Like Jo said, eat ice cream. Eat steak. Eat lasagna/manicotti. Eat cookies. Eat pork belly.
    Perhaps best of all though - buy some premade cookie dough and eat that. It's fantastic!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    LOL- truth.

1500ish was my dinner last night- and all it was 20 oz ribeye- 2 small rolls- 1/4 blooming onion thing- veggies- and a sweet baked potato.

Came home and had 1/4 cup of gelato a few hours later- well over my calorie goals.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka ,

Ice cream , really ?

gurl please

last day of my bulk- almost 900 calories of delicious awesomeness
    20140331_231513_zps45dafe3e.jpg

Hnnnng