Replies

• UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If we make pizza it's pizzadillas.
  • SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Make it with a thinner crust and serve a big, green salad with it as well as some fresh fruits.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use a tortilla and put pesto, spinach and feta on it! sometimes Krab with it yummy.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I make a pizza for lunch at 3 times a week. I use a Flatout Wrap and bake that until is it crispy and then I add pizza sauce, veggies (today I had mushrooms, garlic, zucchini and jalapenos. Top with mozzarella cheese. The entire pizza was a 298 calories. I change out my veggies every few days and all my pizza are under 300 calories. It very filling too.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Explain why you think pizza is the "worst food" to eat. It has a good amount of carbs, fat, and protein, (depending on what toppings you choose) all things that are necessary for a healthy diet. It can be high in calories, sure, but so are lots of naturally-occurring foods, like nuts and avocados. <-- Nobody says they are "the worst foods". And there's nothing wrong with high caloire foods, as long as they fit into your goals. Order a personal pizza, or a single slice, and have lots of vegetables on the side.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I can make a pizza out of just eggs.

It's really just boiled eggs.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My two favorite pizza re-do's are low-carb tortilla pizzas (perfect size for one person in the toaster oven) and english muffin pizzas. The beauty of those are that they are small in size and perfect for portion control. When I do the english muffin version, I use two muffins (220 calories). Spread on a small amount of sauce, mozzarella, italian seasonings and grated parmesan. Add veggies if desired. Cut each muffin into quarters. 16 quarters gives you a decent pizza fix :smile:
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    You can limit the number of calories in pizza by making your own dough and controlling the amount of sauce, cheese, and other toppings that goes on.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jessdunn40 wrote: »
    cauliflower crust

NO
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - I make a thin crust chicken pinneapale feta pizza that comes in at about 1700 calories for 8 slices so about 225 a slice ….

and to everyone recommending tortillas, cauliflower, etc that is NOT pizza...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Anyone know a recipe for lower calorie pizza having a girls night this weekend and friends want pizza . worst food to eat . thanks

please elaborate on why pizza is the "worst food to eat"..??
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    worst food to eat

BLASPHEMY!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I make a higher calorie but virtually no-carb pizza. 6 eggs and 6 cups of shredded mozz, with some basil and oregano. mix it all up and spread it on a greased cookie sheet (I press mine as flat as I can) and bake for 15 minutes at 450. You end up with a "dense quiche" textured pizza dough. A little sauce, mozz, and whatever toppings you want. 10 more minutes at 450 and done! My entire cookie sheet pizza had 24 carbs.

Now that sounds Good.
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite is pizza hut pan...meat lovers.
  • zoezoekende
    zoezoekende Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a recipe for lower calorie pizza having a girls night this weekend and friends want pizza . worst food to eat . thanks

What? There's nothing unhealthy about pizza. A regular slice of New York Pizza has about 375 calories - it's just cheese, sauce and bread. That's less than a grilled cheese sandwich because they don't add oil and grill it.

If you must reduce it, lessen the quantity of cheese and add veggies.
  • H_Bogart21
    H_Bogart21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use 100 self raising 100g whole meal flour and 200g yoghurt for two ppl.I make my own sauce
  • daviloreana
    daviloreana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    there are alot of quinoa based pizza crust recipes online, i really like it!
  • tntrance
    tntrance Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe, I think on pintinterest, for pizza on a portabella top. Sounds yummy, but I haven't tried it yet. Personal pizzas anyone?
  • kimberlynicole79
    kimberlynicole79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always order thin crust. I like less bread anyway on my pizza. This is not a pizza per say but if you want to get a quick fix this is what Ive done. Take a wasaq cracker and add sauce and cheese to it then microwave.