I need healthy pizza option

Options

Replies

• lauraspalding2112
    Options
    Rye bread, you can buy RAW tomato sauces from food markets (nothing naughty in them) then add fetta cheese maybe parma ham? Its what i eat instead of pizza and still tastes as yummy
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Rye bread, you can buy RAW tomato sauces from food markets (nothing naughty in them) then add fetta cheese maybe parma ham? Its what i eat instead of pizza and still tastes as yummy

rye bread and raw tomato sauce??? Does that come with tears too?

• SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use multi grain flatbread with flax from Aldi with fire roasted pizza sauce from Classico and add cheese with olives and mushrooms. Started doing it last night and I totally love it!
  • kimberlynicole79
    kimberlynicole79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ha I cant imagine a rye bread pizza but I wont knock it til I try it...or not try it ever.

I say just get thin crust with tons of veggies adn light cheese and keep itt to a slice or two. or have a cheat day and eat the whole thing
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I found a thin pizza crust I always use. It 130 calories for the whole crust. I load it up with veggies and lean protein and about 1/4 cup cheese on top. Whole pizza comes out to about 400 calories and is really filling!
    joisfzds0mgs.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ^ what kind of crusts is that? Is it real or some substitute?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I use multi grain flatbread with flax from Aldi with fire roasted pizza sauce from Classico and add cheese with olives and mushrooms. Started doing it last night and I totally love it!

I'll second the Fit and Active wraps from Aldi with Flax. They do make nice thin-and-crispy crusts for pizza. That's what I use along with chopped veggies, a little sauce and cheese. If you cut up 3-4 pepperoni slices into small pieces, for a few more calories you get a lot of flavor.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Just eat a pizza. There is nothing wrong with it and there is NO reason to do all these silly "tricks" to try and pretend to eat pizza.

To lower calories use a thin crust, vegetables instead of meats, and a light hand with the cheese. Use a full fat cheese for max flavor. Then serve it with a salad or another light side. Tada. Real pizza without all the silliness posted here.
  • runsmallx
    Options
    If it's a girl's night, just eat the pizza, like others are saying it's not hte worst thing in the world, use thin crust or light cheese if you're that concerned.

However, one of my favorite things to do is to make mini "pizzas" with english muffins, toast them, put some pizza sauce & mozzarella cheese on them and bake until cheese is melty. Makes for a nice little lunch.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ^ what kind of crusts is that? Is it real or some substitute?

It's called "ultra thin pizza crust". It's by Golden Home Bakery Products. 1st ingredient is flour so I'm guessing it's real.
  • heathernicsmith
    Options
    Meatza!!! There are probably a lot of different recipes online if you search, but this is the one I tried and liked:
    http://www.thecoconutdiaries.net/meatza/
  • Annanna91
    Annanna91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza is surprising tasty and not that hard to make. Take a head of cauliflower and blitz it in a blender. Pop it in the microwave for around 4mins and allow to cool slightly. Then place the cauliflower in a tea towel and ring out as much water as you can. Season with salt, basil and garlic powder and combine together with a lightly beaten egg. This should give you a dough like mixture. Roll it out to a pizza shape and then pop it in the oven to cook, before adding your toppings.

I made my own version of a fiorentina pizza the other day and it was amazing, and only 498calories altogether.vet8vcnhp4z9.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm with all the others that said there is nothing inherently unhealthy about pizza and that even without going to extremes (seriously cauliflower and egg crusts?) you can make modifications that help reduce calories (thinner crusts, less cheese, more veggies, etc).

OP how many girls are you having over? Personally if I was going over to a friends house and the only option was a cauliflower crust I would seriously question our friendship... What I would do is have a couple of crust options and lots of toppings and let people make their own pizzas. Then have some good red wine and enjoy your night.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    These are the ways I reduce calories in the pizza I eat. Option 1: Thin crust vege pizza from Papa Murphy's (my favorite). Option 2: Cauliflower pizza crust (not bad) Option 3: Flatout pizza crust (perfectly fine and limits your calories) Option 4: Just eating one or two pieces.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can make it with cauliflower. Its pretty good and you can use fresh mozzarella and veggies. Its really guilt free. Like eat the whole pizza guilt free.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I make our pizzas quite often.
    I make a nice 100% whole grain with fax crust.
    I make a nice tortilla crust pizza (yes, it's pizza)
    I've made a few great cauliflower crust pizzas (this is hubs favorite)
    I've made a polenta crust pizza that was spectacular.

And we go out to our favorite brick oven pizza place from time to time and have a thin crust whole wheat pizza there topped with lots of yummy vegetables. We share that, and we share a salad. It works out just fine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Making homemade pizza is great for the gifted.

I like Kashi Mediterranean pizza--and all you do is bake it ;)
    Serving Size 1/3 Pizza
    Calories 290
    Total Fat 9 g
    Sodium 640 mg
    Fiber 5 g
    Sugar 3 g
    Protein 15 g
    Whole Grains 13 g

These are actually reasonably tasty as well. And at only 3 grams of sugar, some of it in the cheese, there's not a lot of added sugar there.

• Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    I use Chicken breasts or thighs as crust. Add lots of bacon, cheese and other stuff to top it off.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Make your own base, use fat-free or low fat mozzarella