alternative for my morning coffee?

Options
Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I drink water with one of those Crush or Hawaiian punch flavorings. I also do carbonated flavored water. I have never been a "hot drinks" person because my with my adult ADD I get bored with the whole blow and sip thing. LOL
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    coffee with cream and sugar. nothing unhealthy about that. I do coffee with milk and sugar or equal depending on my mood.
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »
    coffee with cream and sugar. nothing unhealthy about that. I do coffee with milk and sugar or equal depending on my mood.

I just was wondering if their was a better option. It needs to warm as well
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Why not just cut back on the sugar and cream or switch to milk? You'll just use to the taste.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Get better coffee and drink it black. Personally, I started buying higher quality coffee and swapped cream for 1% and dropped the sugar. It was kind of awesome to actually taste the coffee.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was never in to coffee. I have tea.
    For your cream, try almond milk, milk, or skim milk powder.
    For sweetener, try a Torani flavoured syrup. Have you tried Stevia, Agave syrup, honey?
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I prefer dark roast coffee, milk (2%), and sugar. Sometimes I switch it up and use unsweetened almond milk instead of dairy milk only for a little hint of flavor, but I always add sugar. I just portion out exactly how much I use and add it to my diary.

When I want a latte I get hazelnut or vanilla in it. As long as I add it to my diary I make it work.

The only time coffee is "unhealthy" for me is when I don't have coffee - I turn into the Incredible Hulk and I want to punch everything/everyone.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Death? LOL. I can't live without coffee. I got used to drinking it black, which removes all but 10 or less calories.
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No way I could give up coffee. I log it and a set amount of milk to use in it first thing in the morning so I'm covered for all my coffees throughout the day
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My dh switched from coffee to tea. He likes rooibos tea or chai spice tea. I think right now he has Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla African Rooibos tea.
    I'm not a coffee person. When I drink tea I like mint or apple cinnamon. I don't sweeten my tea or anything.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like to have green tea in the morning. The great thing other than giving me energy is that it can also help with weight loss! I had to go through an adjustment period when I switched from coffee, but now I love the tea.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Espresso shots are great add ins for black coffee.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have a nice little cappuccino every morning & afternoon. Espresso shot with 6oz of 2%milk. Very decadent yet easy on the calories.
    k0fk38pe6pxj.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons of half and half and 2 of sugar. Fits in my day and makes me happy.

If I have one later in the day I try to just use a little milk or drink it black.
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    Well I guess I dont feel as guilty any more lol Iam going to try having milk and less sugar ! My coffee stays yeahhh !
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's, they sell a cold-brew coffee syrup, which you heat up water and add the syrup to taste (generally starting at 2 parts water to one part syrup). Cold-brewing keeps a LOT of the bitterness out and you end up needing very little or no cream/sugar. You can cold-brew yourself too, but it's time-consuming.

(I personally prefer my Blue Mountain coffee with 93 calories in milk, sugar, and flavored cream, but the cold-brew syrup is next in line! I'd try cold brewing the Blue Mountain, but the process can be really wasteful on top on time-consuming and I'm not willing to ruin that much good coffee trying)
  • lexiealea
    lexiealea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love your cavalier <3
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I cut out the liquid creamer, because I just used waaayyy too much of it. So I switched to powdered for a while, and now I take it black with a bit of sugar. Though in the winter, I'm prone to adding a scoop of hot chocolate mix to it.

You would have to pry my morning cup out of my dead, cold hands. Coffee makes me a better person.
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    lexiealea wrote: »
    Love your cavalier <3

Why thank you!! I love him 2 !
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    All I drink is water and almond milk. Sometimes a green smoothie and my protein powder is added to almond milk.

And then every so often I drink alcohol.... ;)