alternative for my morning coffee?

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Tea with honey and cinnamon is a great option. Let the tea cool before putting in the honey. It has shown results for weight loss. Have a cup when you wake up and one before bed. I do this when I need a change or if I'm not loosing anymore.

Um wat?

right? lol shoot i drink tea with honey every night and have for years. im still fat. wtf? LOL
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Tea with honey and cinnamon is a great option. Let the tea cool before putting in the honey. It has shown results for weight loss. Have a cup when you wake up and one before bed. I do this when I need a change or if I'm not loosing anymore.

Um wat?

right? lol shoot i drink tea with honey every night and have for years. im still fat. wtf? LOL

You have to let the tea COOL FIRST, before you put the honey in. Don't you know? You've been doing it wrong. D'oh!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking my healthy virus fighting lemon mixture every morning. Chop up lemons, grated fresh ginger, teaspoon of organic honey..mush together add boiling water.
    I actually make a mason jar of this mixture and just scoop out a couple spoonfuls and just add hot water.
    It is delicious and has a lot of health benefits :)
  • Meg_DeLaCruz
    Meg_DeLaCruz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    tjdsmommy wrote: »
    Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

Hot lemon water, and if you need it, add a little agave - delish and super healthy.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you're not opposed to whey protein:

Take a scoop of whey, add 8oz milk or 4oz milk + 4oz water. Shake it thoroughly.

Then, use this as coffee creamer.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I warm 1/2 cup of 1% milk and use it in my coffee...the protein that I get in the milk is also a good compliment to breakfast and staying full! Can't talk to another human until at least one cup has been consumed!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If coffee is the one thing you enjoy, then make it work in your calories for the day. I can't do milk/cream in my coffee due to lactose issues so I will either drink it black, sometimes I add a little hot chocolate mix to it. Gives it a little sweetness and is a nice little treat.
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love a good cup of coffee, but I haven't really needed it in the mornings. I usually work out in the mornings too, so I guess that would the healthiest alternative. I have read that a glass of cold water is the best thing to drink in the morning and it is what I usually go for first thing in the morning because I am thirsty and it does wake me up a bit. I like flavored seltzer water and I usually pull one out of the fridge and drink that.
  • payne0409
    Options
    have you ever tried SPARK from AdvoCare? Im not a coffee drinker, but my husband has switched to a spark in the morning instead of coffee. I also drink one in the morning and love them!! They also have a coffechino type thing you can purchase, at least then you are adding vitamins (:
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yup - I get slightly better coffee now and weaned off the sugar. I drink it with a bit of whole milk or half and half.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion above to get better coffee, and drink it black. It took me a bit of getting used to (I was a double-double guy for the longest time), but now that I've settled in, I won't go back.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have decaf coffee with Fat Free Half & Half and Stevia. Stevia is natural and has no calories.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    tjdsmommy wrote: »
    Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

add cream and sugar to your coffee... i think two tablespoons of half and half and a tablespoon of sugar (idk, i use 1 splenda, 0 calories) adds up to 95 calories... and 8 ounces of coffee is 5 calories. thats 100 calories. that's not so bad, right?
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I've grown quite fond of DD hot tea lately. I never thought something could replace coffee..but this has. Enjoying some right now. Mmmm. However, I don't use cream and sugar for either. Black or sweet n low. I wouldn't get away from it if you aren't using a ridiculous amount of cream and sugar though honestly. You should be able to have something you really enjoy at least once a day. Lol.
  • bbyblu82
    bbyblu82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently gave up coffee because of all the chemicals sprayed on the plants and to lessen my cal consumption BC I can't drink without other stuff in it. I have fallen in love with Tazo Chai Green Tea and Good Earth original Sweet & Spicy Tea. Lots of flavor in both and still a nice hot drink in place of coffee :)
  • fmichelle57
    fmichelle57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try Almond Milk!! I have gone from caramel and low fat flavored creamers to almond milk and Truvia for your sweetener.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    las07s wrote: »
    My office serves unsweetened iced tea all day. I get 32 oz. every morning, and I love it! My coworker needs just a little bit of sweetness, so she fills her glass with 90% unsweetened, 10% sweetened. It's a great replacement for coffee, because of the caffeine it contains. I also am more hydrated after drinking tea than I am after drinking coffee.

Unsweetened iced tea on a cold/snowy morning...No substitute for coffee lol.

There is NO substitute for coffee LOL

No. You're right. The thought of an iced tea right now literally gave me the chills and made me angry.

RIGHT? LOL

• wizzybeth
    Options

Um wat?

You have to let the tea COOL FIRST, before you put the honey in. Don't you know? You've been doing it wrong. D'oh!

*smacks head*

See I fell for that green tea fat burning myth not too long ago and bought up a gazillion boxes of Good Earth Green Tea with Lemongrass. Well I'm still fat. But the good news is I like the tea, when I want tea, that is. So now, I find out, after teaching myself to like it without sweetener, that I should have been putting honey in it all along?!

:disappointed: All the time I wasted drinking the tea incorrectly. I could have been to goal by now. :wink:

• wizzybeth
    Options
    I have started drinking my healthy virus fighting lemon mixture every morning. Chop up lemons, grated fresh ginger, teaspoon of organic honey..mush together add boiling water.
    I actually make a mason jar of this mixture and just scoop out a couple spoonfuls and just add hot water.
    It is delicious and has a lot of health benefits :)

That actually sounds pretty good....warm. I don't think I'd like it cold but then again we have a gazillion inches of snow on the ground and it's not even 20 degrees F outside so that could be why only hot drinks appeal to me now. LOL

• wizzybeth
    Options
    If coffee is the one thing you enjoy, then make it work in your calories for the day. I can't do milk/cream in my coffee due to lactose issues so I will either drink it black, sometimes I add a little hot chocolate mix to it. Gives it a little sweetness and is a nice little treat.

Hmmm. Hot cocoa mix in coffee???? That sounds like a really nice low cal fancy dessert drink! On my list of things to try...