alternative for my morning coffee?

Options

Replies

• TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When my doctor put me on elimination diet I went 6 weeks with no coffee and drank herbal tea with stevia. Withdrawals were the hardest thing I have ever faced. But felt fine after about 4 days. Needless to say I went back to coffee, but kinda miss not getting headaches.
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee black now and stevia ( natural sweetner)
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This morning I had morning thunder tea by celestial. I made it with almond milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar and it worked just fine and saved me 30 calories !
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    You could try the flavored coffee, like the hazelnut roast type coffees. I just drink it black with a 1/2 tsp of stevia. It's something like 5 calories. Sometimes, I'll add 1/2 a tblspn of coconut oil. It's 60 calories and makes it feel thicker and sweet without being sweet.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up coffee. Make sure you have a decent coffee, then slowly cut down on the cream and sugar. I couldn't be without my coffee! I just have a bit of milk in mine. I used to have sugar, and about 8 years ago I stopped completely, and now I couldn't imagine coffee with sugar in.
  • LucySiobhan
    Options
    I agree with Dawnie! Sweet is an acquired taste, the more sweet things you eat/drink the more you crave. I used to have 2 sugars in tea and coffee, I think the hardest thing for me was cutting down from 2 to 1, but once I'd done that I found the switch to no sugar quite easy! As long as you keep up with it your taste buds will adapt to prefere a less sweet drink :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've tried teas, I've tried cold turkey...nothing replaces coffee so it stays!

I use less fat creams (milk works) and 1 sugar instead of two. Occasionally a sweetener but I am not really a big fan of their taste.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Drinking mine now. I need a couple cups so I got it down to one tablespoon of half and half and 5 grams (= to one packet) of sugar in the raw per cup.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    tjdsmommy wrote: »
    Looking for some heathier options for my morning coffee. I like my coffee with cream and sugar . I don' t really care for sweetners . Tell what you got ?

I started drinking my coffee black years ago now I don't like it any other way. Plus each cup is about 100mg of potassium so that's enough for me to consider it healthy. Plus it keeps me from harming others which makes it a win for those around me. I will never ever ever ever ever willingly give up my coffee
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I was never in to coffee. I have tea.
    For your cream, try almond milk, milk, or skim milk powder.
    For sweetener, try a Torani flavoured syrup. Have you tried Stevia, Agave syrup, honey?
    Agave is no better than sugar. Honey in coffee sounds horrid...it's a great sweetener for tea and pastries..but I can't imagine it in coffee.

• las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My office serves unsweetened iced tea all day. I get 32 oz. every morning, and I love it! My coworker needs just a little bit of sweetness, so she fills her glass with 90% unsweetened, 10% sweetened. It's a great replacement for coffee, because of the caffeine it contains. I also am more hydrated after drinking tea than I am after drinking coffee.
  • arditarose
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I was never in to coffee. I have tea.
    For your cream, try almond milk, milk, or skim milk powder.
    For sweetener, try a Torani flavoured syrup. Have you tried Stevia, Agave syrup, honey?
    Agave is no better than sugar. Honey in coffee sounds horrid...it's a great sweetener for tea and pastries..but I can't imagine it in coffee.

It's wonderful in coffee :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    las07s wrote: »
    My office serves unsweetened iced tea all day. I get 32 oz. every morning, and I love it! My coworker needs just a little bit of sweetness, so she fills her glass with 90% unsweetened, 10% sweetened. It's a great replacement for coffee, because of the caffeine it contains. I also am more hydrated after drinking tea than I am after drinking coffee.

Unsweetened iced tea on a cold/snowy morning...No substitute for coffee lol.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

There is NO substitute for coffee LOL

• arditarose
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

There is NO substitute for coffee LOL

No. You're right. The thought of an iced tea right now literally gave me the chills and made me angry.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i am very happy to give 60 calories of my day to my coffee and creamer!

its really in the best interest of everyone around me. LOL
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    - 1 cup coffee (Flavored or not, your choice)
    - 1 cup almond or cashew milk (both low in calories, 30 for almond, or 25 for cashew)
    - 1 scoop protein powder (Vanilla or birthday cake works best for unflavored or vanilla coffee)
    - 1 Handful of ice..... throw it in a blender or Nutribullet. It's sweet and satisfying.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chai tea? It has the creaminess and the spices make up for using less sugar. I'm not a huge coffee drinker but when I'm do it's usually black so I can't advise you there.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tea with honey and cinnamon is a great option. Let the tea cool before putting in the honey. It has shown results for weight loss. Have a cup when you wake up and one before bed. I do this when I need a change or if I'm not loosing anymore.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Tea with honey and cinnamon is a great option. Let the tea cool before putting in the honey. It has shown results for weight loss. Have a cup when you wake up and one before bed. I do this when I need a change or if I'm not loosing anymore.

Um wat?