Why Don't I Look Like I'm Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• OMFGItzAndre
    OMFGItzAndre Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What kind of workouts are you doing? Are you doing any strength training? Building some muscle might help your body look more how you want it to.

I started doing strength training by using my gyms ab crunch machine so far im doing 40 pounds on it and try to do 100 reps everyday when I attend

that also goes the same with chin/pull up assist machine I use that everyday it various on the weight I put I got to the point I can do at least 1 pull up without assitance.

I started incorporating smiths bench press machine and leg press machine.

that's about it for strength training I go down.

for cardio I do an hour on the treadmill and try to burn 1000 within an hour and do 5 miles within that time which I do.

That's a lot of cardio and a little strength training. You lost a lot of weight and you look great. Looking into a more serious strength training routine and following it will definitely change your body.

really that's a little strength? didn't think of that.I'm surprise someone says that's a lot of cardio.yeah lifting weight not only bored me the death I lose fun,for some reason I love running more then lifting metal haha.Any advice on what strength training I should take?
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    unfortunately mam I spoke with them on a constant basis not much they can do for me just that once you get down to our weight standards or body fat when we can start the process.

So at this point I'm just been trying to get to their requirements so I can be measure again for like the 15th time haha.

I'm trying all different types of ways on how to lose this weight/look good even faster any advice can be helpful.

Okay, so yeah...dont even think about how you "look" or trying to look like you have a military body. So theyve already told you...get down to weight / body fat % to meet the requirements and you're good to go. Thats all you need to focus on...!! Don't stress yourself out with erroneous details.

You are already doing it...you only have 11lbs to go!!! You've come this far already. Youve got this.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you doing? Are you doing any strength training? Building some muscle might help your body look more how you want it to.

I started doing strength training by using my gyms ab crunch machine so far im doing 40 pounds on it and try to do 100 reps everyday when I attend

that also goes the same with chin/pull up assist machine I use that everyday it various on the weight I put I got to the point I can do at least 1 pull up without assitance.

for cardio I do an hour on the treadmill and try to burn 1000 within an hour and do 5 miles within that time which I do.

That's a lot of cardio and a little strength training. You lost a lot of weight and you look great. Looking into a more serious strength training routine and following it will definitely change your body.

really that's a little strength? didn't think of that.I'm surprise someone says that's a lot of cardio.yeah lifting weight not only bored me the death I lose fun,for some reason I love running more then lifting metal haha.Any advice on what strength training I should take?

Yeah! I get it. We all like some things more than others. It's important to really get that strength training in as you lose, because you lose muscle too...but when you strength train and eat the proper amount of protein, you can save as much as possible and be more happy with your end result.

I lost all my weight doing strength training and very little cardio-two hours a week max, and often less. I kept a lot of muscle instead of losing it, and didn't have to get to a low weight on the scale to be happy.

Anyway, Strong Lifts 5x5 is a great beginner program. Gotta squat, bench, dead lift, and OHP press my friend.

That ab cruncher thing can go.
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    unfortunately mam I spoke with them on a constant basis not much they can do for me just that once you get down to our weight standards or body fat when we can start the process.

So at this point I'm just been trying to get to their requirements so I can be measure again for like the 15th time haha.

I'm trying all different types of ways on how to lose this weight/look good even faster any advice can be helpful.

Okay, so yeah...dont even think about how you "look" or trying to look like you have a military body. So theyve already told you...get down to weight / body fat % to meet the requirements and you're good to go. Thats all you need to focus on...!! Don't stress yourself out with erroneous details.

You are already doing it...you only have 11lbs to go!!! You've come this far already. Youve got this.

I know it's just... I kinda diffracted away from how close I am to losing weight and now wanting to look hot haha.

but yeah you're right I'm at certain when I get into basic training I'll be transformed :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »

I know it's just... I kinda diffracted away from how close I am to losing weight and now wanting to look hot haha.

but yeah you're right I'm at certain when I get into basic training I'll be transformed :)

Only natural! Good luck OP :)
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options

Yeah! I get it. We all like some things more than others. It's important to really get that strength training in as you lose, because you lose muscle too...but when you strength train and eat the proper amount of protein, you can save as much as possible and be more happy with your end result.

I lost all my weight doing strength training and very little cardio-two hours a week max, and often less. I kept a lot of muscle instead of losing it, and didn't have to get to a low weight on the scale to be happy.

Anyway, Strong Lifts 5x5 is a great beginner program. Gotta squat, bench, dead lift, and OHP press my friend.

woah this strong lift program you suggested has alot of routine to go though.do you exactly have to go by step by step to get that change also is it possible to be able to do this while having cardio on the same day?I try to do EVERYTHING on the same day.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggles of wanting to lose that belly. I tried to eat healthier and exercise to lose my belly, and you know what? My boobs disappeared! LOL (sigh) not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm gonna keep going... But seriously, if the exercises that you are doing are not producing any results, that means your body has gotten used to it and you have to change up your routine. Try doing a few weeks of exercises that you have not done before (like the elliptical machine, interval training, squats, boxing/kickboxing, look up different workouts on youtube, do the insanity dvd's, p90x) anything to get your muscles out of that rut and working again.
    P.s. you look fantastic!! Losing almost 100lbs is a great accomplishment, and those last 10 pounds are always the hardest
  • arditarose
    Options

woah this strong lift program you suggested has alot of routine to go though.do you exactly have to go by step by step to get that change also is it possible to be able to do this while having cardio on the same day?I try to do EVERYTHING on the same day.

hehe. It's just a different fitness mindset/goal. That's what a lifting program looks like.

I think you can do a bit of cardio on the same day. But the point is, you don't need to do much. Your calorie deficit is doing the fat loss work for you.

I read the program but practice another so I'm sorry I'm not a huge help in answering your questions about it.
  • OMFGItzAndre
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hotnumber wrote: »
    I understand the struggles of wanting to lose that belly. I tried to eat healthier and exercise to lose my belly, and you know what? My boobs disappeared! LOL (sigh) not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'm gonna keep going... But seriously, if the exercises that you are doing are not producing any results, that means your body has gotten used to it and you have to change up your routine. Try doing a few weeks of exercises that you have not done before (like the elliptical machine, interval training, squats, boxing/kickboxing, look up different workouts on youtube, do the insanity dvd's, p90x) anything to get your muscles out of that rut and working again.
    P.s. you look fantastic!! Losing almost 100lbs is a great accomplishment, and those last 10 pounds are always the hardest

you're right when I started my journey I only did elliptical and got tired of just doing that,then I moved to treadmill and liked that better but not I need to incorporate strength within this process I want to be able to run and be graceful like a gazelle and strength of Russian bear!

sorry about your boobs :'(
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options

hehe. It's just a different fitness mindset/goal. That's what a lifting program looks like.

I think you can do a bit of cardio on the same day. But the point is, you don't need to do much. Your calorie deficit is doing the fat loss work for you.

I read the program but practice another so I'm sorry I'm not a huge help in answering your questions about it.

oh don't worry I have really no body to give me advice on what strength training I should follow but whatever helps me look good and have great strength performance then I'm down to whatever knowledge you can give me :D
  • arditarose
    Options

you're right when I started my journey I only did elliptical and got tired of just doing that,then I moved to treadmill and liked that better but not I need to incorporate strength within this process I want to be able to run and be graceful like a gazelle and strength of Russian bear!

I want that too! Though I don't care about running ha.
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options

hehe it's alright if zombie apocalypse comes and you can't outrun them then you can at least stand your ground and fight them!
  • hotnumber
    Options

sorry about your boobs :'(

That's ok, I don't look at where I've been, I focus more on where I'm going. (plus that's why padded bras were created...sorry TMI)
  • arditarose
    Options

hehe it's alright if zombie apocalypse comes and you can't outrun them then you can at least stand your ground and fight them!

I like your style.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    You definitely can tell you lost a lot of weight. For taller persons, weight loss isn't always as apparent as it is on someone shorter/smaller because we often distribute it easier. The Navy will focus on your weight as a requirement, but to "look the part" add in more strength training to bulk up and be sure to eat at a calorie deficit. Don't shortchange yourself, you really can tell you lost tons of weight :)

you cant bulk up on a deficit,you can burn fat and change how your body looks,and get stronger, but any gain you do get will be from newbie gains which will be small.. also 100 crunches wont do much of anything either, you cant spot reduce. find core exercises to strengthen your core muscles which will look better once you lose the fat.If you do both the same day(weight lifting and cardio), do the weight lifting first and then cardio so your lifting wont suffer(you wont be as tired).

Get plenty of protein as well to preserve any muscle you have now.I agree with others change up your routine. The less weight you have to get to your goal the longer it can take to come off. 100 pounds is something to celebrate,congrats..
  • hotnumber
    Options
    have you looked at your arms lately? I think you have the strength of the Russian bear down pact!
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    have you looked at your arms lately? I think you have the strength of the Russian bear down pact!
    more like arms of a little cub but hey it's a start
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    You definitely can tell you lost a lot of weight. For taller persons, weight loss isn't always as apparent as it is on someone shorter/smaller because we often distribute it easier. The Navy will focus on your weight as a requirement, but to "look the part" add in more strength training to bulk up and be sure to eat at a calorie deficit. Don't shortchange yourself, you really can tell you lost tons of weight :)

you cant bulk up on a deficit,you can burn fat and change how your body looks,and get stronger, but any gain you do get will be from newbie gains which will be small.. also 100 crunches wont do much of anything either, you cant spot reduce. find core exercises to strengthen your core muscles which will look better once you lose the fat.If you do both the same day(weight lifting and cardio), do the weight lifting first and then cardio so your lifting wont suffer(you wont be as tired).

Get plenty of protein as well to preserve any muscle you have now.I agree with others change up your routine. The less weight you have to get to your goal the longer it can take to come off. 100 pounds is something to celebrate,congrats..

what suggestion could you provide this lad to partake? I really would like to put strength into my training.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posts above. You need to add more strength training to get you over the hump. Some of the programs mentioned are excellent start points.

I use weights almost everyday, alternating body parts to let the muscle recover. I rarely spend more than 30mins in the weight room. Some people prefer working everything at the same time, then resting a few days. Whatever you prefer.
    You can keep asking around...lots of good answers here!
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and helpful advice's It feels good knowing others can hear me out and able to give me guidance I thank you all <3