Why Don't I Look Like I'm Losing Weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    unfortunately mam I spoke with them on a constant basis not much they can do for me just that once you get down to our weight standards or body fat when we can start the process.

So at this point I'm just been trying to get to their requirements so I can be measure again for like the 15th time haha.

I'm trying all different types of ways on how to lose this weight/look good even faster any advice can be helpful.

Okay, so yeah...dont even think about how you "look" or trying to look like you have a military body. So theyve already told you...get down to weight / body fat % to meet the requirements and you're good to go. Thats all you need to focus on...!! Don't stress yourself out with erroneous details.

You are already doing it...you only have 11lbs to go!!! You've come this far already. Youve got this.

I know it's just... I kinda diffracted away from how close I am to losing weight and now wanting to look hot haha.

but yeah you're right I'm at certain when I get into basic training I'll be transformed :)

Yeah I feel you.... just take it one step at a time. You've made a huge accomplishment losing all the weight you have... Give yourself some credit and bask in your success!

Trust me, the guys I trained with were either overweight or skinny little things on day 1, very few fit guys ... by graduation, jaws were dropping by how amazing everyone looked. I *promise* you...basic training will take care of the hot factor. Keep your eye on your goal to meet requirements. Focus and determination won't only get you in, it'll help you make it through training.
  • lovnicole90
    lovnicole90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you really hate lifting weights bc it's boring to you could always see what sort of strength training classes your gym offers. I know my gym offers some group exercise classes that incorporate weights and strength building activities in to a more fun group setting. (With music and group motivation).
  • OMFGItzAndre
    OMFGItzAndre Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you really hate lifting weights bc it's boring to you could always see what sort of strength training classes your gym offers. I know my gym offers some group exercise classes that incorporate weights and strength building activities in to a more fun group setting. (With music and group motivation).

unfortunately the gym I attended is small so no gym classes.I only go there cause it's a 5 min walk from my house.I guess I just need to have that mindset of doing it instead of complaining about it.
  • OMFGItzAndre
    edited March 2015
    Options
    unfortunately mam I spoke with them on a constant basis not much they can do for me just that once you get down to our weight standards or body fat when we can start the process.

So at this point I'm just been trying to get to their requirements so I can be measure again for like the 15th time haha.

I'm trying all different types of ways on how to lose this weight/look good even faster any advice can be helpful.

Okay, so yeah...dont even think about how you "look" or trying to look like you have a military body. So theyve already told you...get down to weight / body fat % to meet the requirements and you're good to go. Thats all you need to focus on...!! Don't stress yourself out with erroneous details.

You are already doing it...you only have 11lbs to go!!! You've come this far already. Youve got this.

I know it's just... I kinda diffracted away from how close I am to losing weight and now wanting to look hot haha.

but yeah you're right I'm at certain when I get into basic training I'll be transformed :)

Yeah I feel you.... just take it one step at a time. You've made a huge accomplishment losing all the weight you have... Give yourself some credit and bask in your success!

Trust me, the guys I trained with were either overweight or skinny little things on day 1, very few fit guys ... by graduation, jaws were dropping by how amazing everyone looked. I *promise* you...basic training will take care of the hot factor. Keep your eye on your goal to meet requirements. Focus and determination won't only get you in, it'll help you make it through training.

I believe you my brother went in and drastically look different then before.
    Thank you I should be patting myself on what I done so far...thank you for the sincere thoughts it's very appreciated :)
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would say keep doing what you are doing, because looking at the pictures it is obviously working. However, I would target the areas that you do not see the results in and pick an exercise or two that focuses on that and add it to your workout regime. I read a lot on the internet at different sites. When there is an area of my body I want to know more about toning, I just google the question "how can I make my abs more fit" or something to that effect and then just read all of the articles. Then I choose advice from them and start implementing it. I get tired of the elliptical and the dreadmill during the week so I change it up, I run outside on nice days, inside on not so nice, ride my Schwinn bike on trails and workout on my core. Those planks have really tightened up my abs and it took about two weeks to see a difference but it is definitely there! I am not a dancing person by any means but I started Zumba and it is ridiculous all the different areas it works. I sweat just as much from doing it for an hour as I do running my 5k runs!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    As for strength routinesprograms, check out Stronglifts 5x5, ice cream fitness--these are free weight programs, http://mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/the-workout-for-every-guy-the-beginners-workout --(uses dumbbells)
    bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner_weight_training.htm (this is for weight machines)
  • Andria_vfg08
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    You definitely can tell you lost a lot of weight. For taller persons, weight loss isn't always as apparent as it is on someone shorter/smaller because we often distribute it easier. The Navy will focus on your weight as a requirement, but to "look the part" add in more strength training to bulk up and be sure to eat at a calorie deficit. Don't shortchange yourself, you really can tell you lost tons of weight :)
    Same thing I was gonna say. :)
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I believe you my brother went in and drastically look different then before.
    Thank you I should be patting myself on what I done so far...thank you for the sincere thoughts it's very appreciated :)

Awe! Absolutely!! *hugs*
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    I think you look fabulous! Target those areas that are bothering you :)
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    As for strength routinesprograms, check out Stronglifts 5x5, ice cream fitness--these are free weight programs, http://mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/the-workout-for-every-guy-the-beginners-workout --(uses dumbbells)
    bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner_weight_training.htm (this is for weight machines)

Excellent thanks for the info :)
  • OMFGItzAndre
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would say keep doing what you are doing, because looking at the pictures it is obviously working. However, I would target the areas that you do not see the results in and pick an exercise or two that focuses on that and add it to your workout regime. I read a lot on the internet at different sites. When there is an area of my body I want to know more about toning, I just google the question "how can I make my abs more fit" or something to that effect and then just read all of the articles. Then I choose advice from them and start implementing it. I get tired of the elliptical and the dreadmill during the week so I change it up, I run outside on nice days, inside on not so nice, ride my Schwinn bike on trails and workout on my core. Those planks have really tightened up my abs and it took about two weeks to see a difference but it is definitely there! I am not a dancing person by any means but I started Zumba and it is ridiculous all the different areas it works. I sweat just as much from doing it for an hour as I do running my 5k runs!

You're right sometimes I get bored doing the same routine every time.
    google will provide me excellent research on expanding my workout
    Yeah I'm at the process of looking at target area workouts to at least give it a go :)
  • OMFGItzAndre
    Options
    w0den wrote: »
    I think you look fabulous! Target those areas that are bothering you :)

Thank you I'm trying :D