Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this tread. I have been struggling lately and need this accountability.

JFT I will:

1) Stick to my planned menu
    2) Do one hour on the Arc Trainer at the gym
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    JFT Monday I really need to work on setting weekend goals
    1. cook chicken for salads (yes it is in the fridge this time); :frowning: nope forgot to even chop it up to marinade until I was about ready to go to bed
    2. extra fluids to help prevent random allergic reaction on face :) yep on the extra fluids and no random allergic reaction
    3. on that note, keep hands off face. :neutral: I have no idea how I did on this one. I did pull hands away from poking face
    4. mow or exercise. This will largely be dependent on when I get home nope, too hot, too annoyed, husband sucked energy

Yesterday was marginal at best. so just for Tuesday.
    1. cook the chicken for real
    2. stay hydrated, it's going to be a warm one today 97 degrees
    3. NF beginner body weight circuit one time through
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can't find my last post. :|

JFT (Tuesday):
    1) Reschedule my hair color appointment
    2) Re-edit my interview video and send it out
    3) Eat all my calories today
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! B)

Will be leaving soon as my appointment is 1.5 hr north of here.

Mon 6/22/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking. :) accomplished
    2. Walk more than yesterday :s
    3. I will plan my meal while eating out today. :) accomplished

Tues 6/23/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    3. I will plan my meal while eating out today.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    maybe you need to log your food even thought you don't want to LOL. I scalewant to either----but, if I figure out what I am going to eat for the day and log it while I eat breakfast- I know when to stop eating-when all the logged food has been eaten! It's the only way for me-believe me I've tried it every other way!

Thanks for the support. I just wish it could be simple, workout, enjoy meal time and not keep seeing the scale go up. I mean is that what the rest of my life needs to be to log 1200 calories a day? I am not out pounding junk food or fast food but obviously it must be too much. Before the mid life I just did want I did and it all balanced. It was enjoyable & everything worked. it did not seem hard at all I enjoyed working out and wanted to do more because there were postive
    results. I will go through weeks of total commitment and do not see any loss.

Ruby- I too focus on the scale & if I feel I'm going to be up I avoid it, otherwise it's a negative start to my day. Keep surrounding yourself w/positives. What seems to be working for me is 80% food & 20% activity. I found that at my goal weight (150) I should eat approx 1500 cals. so that's what I aim for. I think it was Joan who stated "live like you're already at your ideal weight" & so I've changed my mindset to reflect that. I've also cut out most (not all) the processed foods & sugar in my diet which seems to help. This thread has been so helpful & I recently discovered another under "Maintenance, Ah Ha moments" and this has also been helpful. Another resource is a podcast/blog called Halfsizeme & although most of the people interviewed have lost large amts of weight, they share their experiences. Keep on tracking & making you JFT committments- you WILL get there!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    DH brought home cupcakes from family on Sunday. I was so tempted I put them in a plastic bag & knotted it. He was supposed to take them to work so they may end up in the garage!!

JFT-
    Walk 45-55 mins
    Prep crockpot.
    Mulch side garden.
    Journal
    Go to bed by 9!!
    Have a great day everyone!!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    stop feeling sorry for myself & realize this is as hard or easy as I want to make it.
    focus on all my qualities and not just the number on the scale. I weighed this morning & high 180.2 That is the highest number I have ever seen. I will be honest I have not been counting calories & I don't want to. I have been working out and being active. I don't know where I fit anymore. Why does it have to be so hard & why does the scale just keep moving up? Last June I was down to 163 a year ago. Maybe I have already given up:(
    Ruby - I know exactly how you feel, and I hate to admit it, but I am in the same boat. I exercise all the time, but the scale has gone up. Last november I was at 182 - less than 10 lbs from my goal weight of 175 (I am 5'11", so very tall). Today, the scale is pushing 200 again! So discouraged.
    But like so many said, we have to keep going. I don't think it ever stops, even when we meet our goal weight. It has to be a lifestyle change. I know why the scale has gone up for me -- to much ice cream in the evenings, pizza, snacks. I need to get back to logging my food, which I have not done.
    So lets get back in this together! We can do this. Imagine how great we will both feel by Christmas - me back down to 182, and you back down to 163. We've done it before, we can do it again! If I were thin and healthy, I would not be grabbing Dairy Queen buster bars - I would choose a nice bowl of strawberries with cool whip on them. If I were thin, I would concentrate on my water -- not wine and too much diet soda!
    So here is a new day - a fresh start for both of us!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow--so many of us seem to be in the same boat of really having a struggle right now. And hopefully something wonderful will kick in as we all cheer one another on! Hm, this scale going up thing really is discouraging. It is EN-couraging to have gone thru my clothes over the last few weeks and have to get rid of more things I have shrunk out of. So I need to remember that, and get back going!!!!!

Just for Today:
    1. Stay w.i. "fasting" plan for today (and next 3 days)--I have not been good about this on any day I have typed it recently! So, I'd really like one successful day to spur me on!
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Exercise 30 min, including sit-ups!!!!
    4. Start arranging for having garage sale this weekend

Have a good Tuesday, all. :)
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today June 22nd
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink 8 glasses of water :)
    3. do exercises: push-ups/sit-ups/squats :) even added tricep dips!

Just for today June 23rd
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. 30 minutes jogging

Ruby - I have been right there with you my dear. Suffering from what I like to refer to as the "spoiled child inside me" I know and understand what I need to do to be healthy and frankly happy, but I fight it because it seems so unfair to me that I have to work so hard, just to stay at a normal weight ( a little bit higher than what is considered healthy). I actually DID make it to my goal weight about 9 years ago. It was great for 6 months! Then I gained 10 lbs. I stayed at that 10 lbs above goal for 6 years, then gained another 20 :( I just want to get back to that 10 above goal. Then maybe work toward goal. I have fought weight my entire life. The thing is, we fall into this evil cycle...you get frustrated with having to watch what you eat and exercise constantly, so then you "fall off the wagon" so to speak. Then you get angry with yourself, so you turn to food. Then get angrier or sadder and turn to more food. I have been caught up in the cycle more times than I can tell you.

Recently, my struggle has been more than the evil cycle. I do believe that I have been fighting actual depression. Still exercise and healthy eating are known to help with that. But still I fight doing it because sitting around watching TV and eating ice cream is the only thing that seems tolerable to me. Today is day 2 of getting back on track. I can say I already feel much better about things. But I have been able to keep it together for a day or two before. So only time will tell.

We are all in this together, that is the important part.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to log your food even thought you don't want to LOL. I scalewant to either----but, if I figure out what I am going to eat for the day and log it while I eat breakfast- I know when to stop eating-when all the logged food has been eaten! It's the only way for me-believe me I've tried it every other way!

Thanks for the support. I just wish it could be simple, workout, enjoy meal time and not keep seeing the scale go up. I mean is that what the rest of my life needs to be to log 1200 calories a day? I am not out pounding junk food or fast food but obviously it must be too much. Before the mid life I just did want I did and it all balanced. It was enjoyable & everything worked. it did not seem hard at all I enjoyed working out and wanted to do more because there were postive
    results. I will go through weeks of total commitment and do not see any loss.

Ruby, you've got my support too...... i can't beat what sara and joan have already mentioned! Just know you are not alone..... I used to eat whatever, never bothered counting calories. those days are over for me. I guess i feel blessed that it took until my 40's .... my adult daughter has been in that boat since 19 :(
  • 68myra
    Options

Recently, my struggle has been more than the evil cycle. I do believe that I have been fighting actual depression. Still exercise and healthy eating are known to help with that. But still I fight doing it because sitting around watching TV and eating ice cream is the only thing that seems tolerable to me. Today is day 2 of getting back on track. I can say I already feel much better about things. But I have been able to keep it together for a day or two before. So only time will tell.

We are all in this together, that is the important part.

Unfortunately, I know a LOT more about depression than about counting calories. I have had major resistant (to therapy) depression all of my adult life. yes, i'm an emotional eater. NOTHING eases my depression more than a good bout of exercise. in case it may help, these are my observances over the last zillion years: eating added sugar depresses me. wheat flour depresses me. processed food depresses me. depression makes me want to eat things that will only depress me more. both sleeping too little and sleeping too much depresses me. let's see: also.... old habits DIE HARD. and everybody is different. listening to my "healthy" self is something i'm still working on. 12 steps are a wonderful thing. sometimes i can talk myself into making the right decision by telling myself it's just my 'inner addict' that wants that ice cream (or tortilla, or whatever)
    i'm rambling, but just maybe something in there will be helpful. and, for those that wonder, yes, i'm on meds, and yes, i've been in talk therapy, multiple times. i'm spiritual, but not religious. i have a family history of alcoholism (so i believe there is a genetic predisposition) and i was sexually abused as a child. and that's probably TMI

have a great day everyone!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Just For Today,

I will fuel my body with healthy food, and be as kind to my pscyhe to the best of my ability. and tell each of my 4 children that i love them.
  • TiJoGa
    TiJoGa Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    -I will get my laundry put away the same day I wash it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Monday:

Still feeling a bit iffy. Entirely possible that I will not meet my goals today, but here it goes:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 13,600
    2. gardening :)
    3. lift weights :)

Really wasn't feeling well yesterday, but I did make it to the garden and to the gym. Today I am going to try to get my eating back on track.

Tuesday:

1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance
    3. eat veggies...ideally 10+
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals
    - Make best possible choices I can during the all day conference I'm at.
    - Eat slowly and stop when I'm full

Hmmmm. Not really. Miraculously am only 190 cals over target. Not bad for eating some cookies in addition to the 2 glasses of fizz I had to celebrate seeing a friend after 18 years.....
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's goals
    - min 1 bootcamp
    - under calorie target for the day
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vicky, Sara, Joan, Losingrae, Kwfitgal, & 68Myra. You are all right and said it so eloquently. It all comes down to what do I want for my health and the rest of my life. You are also right that I have been able to do it before when I dig deep and really put the effort in. I just don't understand where I lost that effort. I don't want to make excuses but when did it change? I guess slowly over time with each day deciding not to get the exercise in and just putting food in my mouth without thinking about it. That is the same way I can reverse it, one day at a time and make better choices each day. I am going to focus on just taking it one day right now and focus on getting the exercise back in daily. It is a step in the right direction & there is only good things that can come from getting it done.

It really means a lot that you posted your words and advice to me. I was feeling so low when I went to bed last night, I cannot even tell you. Thank you for sharing your stories. I am here for all of you too!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1) pick myself back up and be thankful for all my MFP friends
    2) go walking tonight with my dog - 30 minutes
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Just for Today:
    1. Stay w.i. "fasting" plan for today (and next 3 days)--I have not been good about this on any day I have typed it recently! So, I'd really like one successful day to spur me on!--- :)
    2. Drink lots of water-- :) Got in my 3 pints...finally. I am such a bad "water" drinker!!!
    3. Exercise 30 min, including sit-ups!!!!-- :) OK, finally got in something that made me breathe heavier.
    4. Start arranging for having garage sale this weekend-- :) Yes.

Just for Today (23 June):
    1. Stay w.i. "fasting" plan for today (thru Friday)
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Exercise 30 min, including sit-ups!!!!
    4. Arrange more for having garage sale this weekend

Happy Wednesday all!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wow I missed a couple of days!

I did pretty well on Father's day. I went a little over on calories but my best ever jogging/walking in the morning.

Monday I was super busy at work and couldn't exercise at all but did really well on calories.

Tuesday went out jogging early just in case I was too busy at work to leave on time but then I had time to make it to aqua-size. Did good calorie wise also so ... :smiley:

J4T Wednesday
    1. C25K early
    2. 1200 calories
    3. Take breakfast and lunch and snack to work
    4. Maybe Zumba