Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• 18JessieS
    18JessieS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just for one day I will have a vegetable with every meal I eat and as all my snacks
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just for today

Try to not be too stressed out.

My dad is back in hospital with congestive heart failure. He is refusing any meds to make it better. I think he has given up and is just tired of being sick. He is 89.

Just pray for my family right now. This has been a very stressful 2 months. And doesn't look as if it is going to be get any less stressful.

Thanks for being the best supportive group I know. It is helping more than you know.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was marginal at best. so just for Tuesday.
    1. cook the chicken for real cooked and in my lunch for today
    2. stay hydrated, it's going to be a warm one today 97 degrees - sure,hiding out inside helped
    3. NF beginner body weight circuit one time through nope forgot until this morning that I even intended to do this

@vicky1947mfp , Remember to breathe, my thoughts are with you. Not sure what to say that would actually be useful.

JFT Wednesday
    -Be happy that my weight dropped below 230 and don't be to hard on myself for the really slow pace or the fact that my goal weight by my birthday isn't going to happen. I'm slowly changing things that hopefully stick and generally making progress.
    - Let's try #3 again. NF beginner body weight circuit one time through
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning to each of you!! B)

Yesterday was so bad I should be able to make goal today without much effort. I ended up eating three meals out. I stayed strong with 2 but the third was my downfall. Of course, part of the problem was the PIE FAIRY put a piece of fresh made rhubarb/strawberry pie on my plate! And, oh, was it good!!

Tues 6/23/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking. :s
    2. Walk more steps than yesterday :) accomplished
    3. I will stay on plan while eating out today. :s

Wed 6/24/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2. Walk more steps than yesterday
    3. I will stay on plan while eating out today.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Just for Today (Wednesday, 24 June):
    1. Stay w.i. "fasting" plan for today (thru Friday)
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Exercise 30 min, including sit-ups!!!!
    4. Arrange more for having garage sale this weekend

I think I wrote the wrong date when I entered this last nite. :)

Happy Wednesday all!

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just for today

My dad is back in hospital with congestive heart failure. He is refusing any meds to make it better. I think he has given up and is just tired of being sick. He is 89.

Just pray for my family right now. This has been a very stressful 2 months. And doesn't look as if it is going to be get any less stressful.

Thanks for being the best supportive group I know. It is helping more than you know.

Vicky,
    My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Such a hard time for you. My grandmother will be 96 & she just says she's tired at her age. I understand her. Take a moment to just breath & find some peace for yourself.
    Sara
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Lnature71 wrote: »
    Thanks for this tread. I have been struggling lately and need this accountability.

JFT I will:

1) Stick to my planned menu
    2) Do one hour on the Arc Trainer at the gym

You're on the right track. This group has been so helpful!!
  • Saragirl2
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    JFT
    1) pick myself back up and be thankful for all my MFP friends
    2) go walking tonight with my dog - 30 minutes

Ruby-WTG

JFT
    I will:
    Walk 45 mins (just saw an ortho doc & waiting for MRI appt) walking is becoming a challenge b/c of bad knee.
    Drink 9 cups of water
    Start taking calcium
    Check menu online at restaurant before going out tonight. pretrack choice.
    Do not indulge in the bread basket at restaurant.
    Search Allrecipes for some healthy slaw recipes.
    Preplan our weekend-we may have family over for a BBQ
    Read for 20 mins.

Have a great hump day MFPs!!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp - My thoughts are with you during this rough time.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for today June 23rd
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink 8 glasses of water :)
    3. 30 minutes jogging :)

Just for today June 24th
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. do crunches/push-ups/squats/tricep dips + 20 mins walking
  • amy4302
    amy4302 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    J4T
    6/24/15
    1. log all my food
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. min of 20 mins on ellip + squats/arms/abs
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    Just for today

I am so sorry to hear that, Vicky. We went through that with my Dad and it is so heartbreaking. My prayers are winging your way.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 22/06
    1. Finish clearing out the dining room. :) Almost done. Just the floor to do and I'm ready
    2. Pre-log menus. :) I had a bit to spare! Used it up in 3. And 4.
    3. Be mindful of what I eat. ;) I had a piece of cake but I ate it mindfully lol
    4. Go to Art Group after lunch. :) This is our last meeting until September.

:star: Every journey starts with a single step. :star:

Have a great day, friends. [/quote]

Missed out yesterday as I was out all day and writing all evening.

JFT 24/06
    I had 10 fellow gardeners round for morning coffe today. Too much temptation!
    1. Try to juggle my menus to counteract indulging this morning.
    2. Chill out after my hectic weekend getting the house and garden ready.

Don't believe them when they tell you "You can't have too much of. A good thing!"
    My body is telling me different this afternoon.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Just for today

Praying for you - this has to be very stressful. Take good care of yourself as well.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

:star: Every journey starts with a single step. :star:

LOVE THIS QUOTE - Thank you for sharing.

I did OK yesterday until evening again. A lot of stress going on with my daughter right now, who is suffering from mental illness. I have to work extra hard to keep myself from getting down with her.

so just for today
    1. stay strong. Things could get worse, and just turn it over to God.
    2. Log my food
    3. exercise is the best medicine for stress - so if it is not raining, get out for a much needed walk.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today

Vicky - My prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry to here you are going through this difficult time. Try to take care of yourself the best you can right now. I know it is extremely hard. (((HUGS)))
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    JFT
    1) pick myself back up and be thankful for all my MFP friends :)
    2) go walking tonight with my dog - 30 minutes :/

JFT Wednesday
    1.) Go to gym at lunch for cardio
    2.) Salad for lunch
    3.) No junk dessert after dinner tonight, if I need something it has to be healthy
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just for today

@vicky1974001 Thoughts are with you. Take time to notice what you need and find good ways to get those needs met. Do what you can with your health and food choices when you can... it will actually make you feel better and at least give your body what it needs to cope with all the demands on you. I wish you peace and strength.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals
    - min 1 bootcamp
    - under calorie target for the day

Yes (did 2) and yes (only ate back 25% of exercise calories)

Earns me some room for manoeuvre tomorrow......
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    - Make best possible choice at lunch out tomorrow
    - max 1 glass of wine in eve (I have my aunt to stay for a few nights from tomorrow and this usually involves quite a bit of wine)
    - light stir fry for evening meal to compensate for lunch calories