Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JFT Fri Jun 17 2016

1) Jazzercise :)
    2) Haircut :)
    3) Work with the appreciation that having a good job warrants No grumbling or griping :#I was there 2 hours past closing time. I had to grumble a little.
    4) Log every bite :)
    5) Get eight hours of sleep tonight :s

JFT Sat Jun 18 2016

1) Nap
    2) Trim zoysia from curb and plant the plugs in the bare spaces
    3) Log every bite
    4) Finish up stuff for estate attorney
    5) Do something fun with grandkids

Karen in Virginia

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Tuesday 6/7/16
    1) aquatic workout
    2) chapters 5&6 of psychology manual
    3) choreo notes for 12 aqua moves
    4) finish accomplishment list
    5) notes for pt client
    6) meet client 6pm

1) Teach Zumba 11am
    2) Haircut (I hope)
    3) Grocery shop
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    For today, 6/6/16, I will:

- Not exceed my calorie goal, for food
    - At drinks tonight, only drink slimline G&Ts - maximum 3 (taking me max 150 calories over my limit)

Managed to do these, even though I was hungry!

Also persuaded my friend that I went for drinks with to download MFP - we can be buddies and support each other now.

Today's commitment -

- Go to gym after work
    - Finish day with 350+ calorie deficit (after including gym calories)
    -

Met both of my targets, and actually smashed the second one to the point where MFP told me I wasn't eating enough! (That's never happened before when I've not forgotten to log something)

Didn't actually feel hungry though despite the deficit, which is encouraging. I won't have that deficit on any other days this week:

Today going to my friend's for dinner which will make it difficult to stay within calorie limit - the food is generally not healthy and lots of wine is normally involved.

However, will set the following targets to keep the indulgence down:

- I'll log the dinner, even if I am not exactly sure what's in it
    - I'll make sure I don't eat more main course than others - no second!
    - If dessert is one where we choose portion size, I'll have a small portion
    - I'll drink as much diet lemonade as I do wine to keep my appetite under control - and will limit wine to half a bottle MAX

Hmm, so I managed two of these, I'd say - two of these, though probably wasn't really down to my efforts as opposed to my friends giving me a plate with a small portion size!

Failed on the other two though - had an entire bottle of wine + double g&t, and failed to log any of the calories. It had been a very bad day so i don't feel too bad about it, however I have to make sure this doesn't happen too often - bad days will happen and I need to learn to deal with them without turning to alcohol/food.

Today's commitment is very simple: come in within calorie goal!

Met my goal, came in with zero calories left! I was very hungry though - made me realise that I need to optimise the foods I eat to be fuller - had eaten quite calorie dense but non-filling foods.

I'm now staying with my boyfriend in Madrid for the weekend so control will be hard - we'll be eating out a bit and don't have a scale in the flat for weighing ingredients. Nonetheless, I'll:

- Log all the foods I eat, even if I'm not sure I'm being accurate - better to put something than not bother at all
    - not snack outside meals
    - at meals, go for 'healthy options' - or if i want to go for 'non-healthy options' have small portions
    - keep alcohol and milky coffees to a minimum - no more than one coffee per day and order wine by glass (with as much water drunk as wine)

Will be hard as i like to eat on holiday... will see how i do!

I met all these apart from the not snacking outside meals - we had a couple of pre-dinner drinks and in Madrid they always bring you snacks (crisps/olives) with them. I didn't have loads but did have more than I should have.

Other than that I met them all though. I ended up going 500 cals over, though I'm not sure that's correct, I ate (maybe - not sure) 400g of bread and MFP has said that's nearly 1000 kcal?!

That seems way too high, however just in case i will try to steer clear of the bread today and eat other things instead! Very hard to track when away, you just don't know how many calories you're eating....

So yesterday was slightly better in some areas, slightly worse in others, therefore calories consumed were about the same (just under 500 over).

I avoided bread, which really helped with the calorie intake! On the other hand, I drank more wine than the previous day and had a more fattening dinner - Spaniards put too much olive oil on everything!!

I need to have a better day today otherwise it will too hard to make up for it before next week's weigh in. So today I will:

- Not drink any wine - a G & slimline T might be acceptable if I'm doing ok with calories
    - log all my calories again
    - Not exceed my calories my more than 200
    - not eat any of the crisps they give you when you order drinks!

Met all my commitments, yay! Only went over by 30 odd cals, so quite pleased with myself.

Hadn't lost any weight when I weighed in this morning which disappointed me slightly, though that's a bit silly as I hadn't really stuck to my diet enough to do so. I guess I am no longer in the 'shed lots of water weight' phase and now actually have to try harder!

Commitments for today:
    - stay within calorie limit
    - go to gym and don't eat back the exercise calories
    -

Didn't manage my commitments yesterday - it was a very busy day at work so had to work late (and hence skipped gym) and then went over my calories by 70 due to drinking a couple of gins to wind down....

Not too worries about the calories...70 is not much.... but I do need to work on the 'alcohol as crutch' thing. It's hard when the alternative crutch (food!) is being restricted....

Today I'll set exactly the same targets as yesterday, though I'm aware it's going to be another busy day at work (will be busy until Wed at least) so I may end up finding it hard to go.

If that happens, I'll go - but for a cut down workout (30 mins). Better to do that then nothing!

And only one gin today...

Failed on both my commitments - did not go to the gym (at all) as I ended up going to the pub with my colleague and then had to work more when I got home....

Today I'm going to take it easier on myself, I'm in a stressful place at the moment and think I need to take care of myself rather than aim too high. Weight is dropping off regardless (does stress burn calories?!) So priority for tonight is actually to take it easy, relax and get some sleep. I got barely any yesterday and feel pretty dreadful.

So today's commitments are:
    - come in within calorie limits
    - NO alcohol
    - walk instead of taking the tube for two stops - some gentle exercise may help with the stress levels
    - email counsellor to arrange a session - got to sort out my mental wellbeing

Hmm, once again didn't go so well - was 250 cals over, and did drink some gin. However, had still lost weight on my weigh in today!

Also failed to email the counsellor because when I actually looked at the contact details it was quite complicated to work out which therapist I would actually need and I got a bit stuck. I've arranged to wfh on Friday though and will ring then up then - hoping that sorting my head out will help with the urge to drink/comfort eat!

However, i did do the walking - win!

Today I'll keep it simple, I'll stick within my calories but I'll also do the walking again as that was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

Yesterday I managed both of my commitments, yay! There's something to be said for being less ambitious.

Today I'm going to a friend's for dinner, where apparently we'll be having 'chilli with lots of red wine', which will present some challenges!

My commitments are:

- attempt to log everything even though i won't know exactly what's in it
    - drink at least as much diet lemonade as wine, to reduce the munchies and over eating
    - come in within calorie limit - with a small surplus if poss (made it to gym this morning so i have quite a few extras i can eat!)

@KetoneKaren Thanks for all your support! I'm rushing back to work now so can't respond fully, but will do so later when I'm done for the day!

Managed all my commitments yesterday, which is good!

Today is a big test... going to a barbecue! Normally I go a bit mental at barbecues.... i go somewhat overboard on the burgers, snacks, drinks.....

So today will be the test of whether I'm yet capable of indulging a bit, but not going completely overboard!

Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat and drink
    - eat up to 500 surplus calories (i can make this back with a gym visit)
    - drink only gin and slimline tonics, and have plenty of soft drink alongside
    - eat only minimal snacks alongside the mains - with my boyfriend to be the judge of whether I've succeeded on this!
    -
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @slittlemeister You got this! Just take all of us along as pocket angels and we'll help you get through the BBQ with flying colors!
  • ElizabethVigorito
    ElizabethVigorito Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Stop when I am full.
    2. Drink water.
    3. Workout for an hour.

Three easy steps. I can do this! Let's go!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

JFT, 6/17/2016

1. Walk the dogs :)
    2. Body Beast Day 55: Bulk: Shoulders :)
    3. Additional cardio workout :/Nope. I just felt really worn down so stopped after Body Beast and watched The Good Dinosaur on TV instead. So cute.
    4. Stay within weight-loss calories :|Kind of. Over my goal but still within a deficit.

JFT, 6/19/2016

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Today is rest day so no planned workouts
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • cheers2012
    cheers2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    JFT, 6/1

1. Log my food. Just do it!
    2. At least 90 min of yard work.
    3. Send friend requests on MFP for more motivation and support.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :star: Challenges are the spice that makes life zing! :star:
    :heart: Dare to be YOU! :heart:

:smiley: Welcome Newbies! :smiley:

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    They just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."
    (Terri Richardson)

JFT Sat 18 June 2016
    • Pre-log/follow through; 150+ minutes exercise, ; 10000+ steps,
    • 8 cups liquids/Monitor sodium intake.
    • Meet my daughters for a morning out together.
    • Celebrate my granddaughter getting onto the MSc Biochemistry course at her college in Cambridge.
    :heart: Goals met! :heart:

JFT Sun 19 June 2016
    • Life Audit! Focus! Reset! Go!
    • Live! Love! Learn!
    • Visit family.
    NB Always prelog and include treats. It makes it a choice rather than a compulsion!

• lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :D I posted my commitments the edited to add bullet points - when I saved, it had removed everything from the first point. Rest assured I have four commitments for the day. Wishing all of you every success!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    JFT Sat Jun 18 2016

1) Nap :)
    2) Trim zoysia from curb and plant the plugs in the bare spaces :)
    3) Log every bite :)
    4) Finish up stuff for estate attorney :/
    5) Do something fun with grandkids :|But they got to go to their Nana & Poppy's for Poppy's birthday & Father's Day celebration. My granddaughter who is 7 was afraid my feelings would be hurt! So I said, no, Grammy is a big girl & can go on to plan B without pouting. She loved it.

JFT Sun Jun 19 2016

1) Get ready for work with time to spare so I am not rushed going in
    2) Eat a hearty breakfast so I can resist the biscuits, donuts, and fancy creamers at work
    3) Log every bite
    4) Go to movie Love & Friendship with partner after work
    5) Get a full night's sleep tonight

Karen in Virginia

• cupc8k2
    cupc8k2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, newish to here, but I think I get it ❣I know that for me, telling someone ( or a LOT of someone's
  • HYP1317
    HYP1317 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun June19 2016

Not go over my calories
    Walk 10000 steps

• HYP1317
    HYP1317 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pre log for 6/20/2016

Log everything I eat
    Aerobics class 30 minutes
    Water aerobics 40 minutes
    Walk in pool 1 hour after class(temps in high 90's too hot to walk outside)
    Do not eat back exercise calories
  • dac097
    dac097 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    I will measure and log every bite.
    I will go for a walk
    I will do my core exercises

I will be satisfied with the success of just one day and not dwell on the ways I have been less than perfect (as in human?)in the past couple of weeks
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :star: Challenges are the spice that makes life zing! :star:
    :heart: Dare to be YOU! :heart:

:smiley: Welcome Newbies! :smiley:

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    They just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."
    (Terri Richardson)

JFT Sun 19 June 2016
    • Life Audit! Focus! Reset! Go!
    • Live! Love! Learn!
    • Visit family.

JFT Mon 20 June 2016
    • Live! Love! Learn!
    • (Prep - write poem) read at Creative writing 10.30 am/Library Poetry 6.30 pm.
    • Dentist 11.45am
    • Monday Painters 2 - 4pm.
    • RSPB 7.45 pm.

:sunglasses: Roll on! July! And the summer vacation! :sunglasses:
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    JFT Sun Jun 19 2016

1) Get ready for work with time to spare so I am not rushed going in :)
    2) Eat a hearty breakfast so I can resist the biscuits, donuts, and fancy creamers at work :)Actually it ended up being a delicious looking cake and the fancy creamers I resisted
    3) Log every bite :)
    4) Go to movie Love & Friendship with partner after work :oNope we were both tired so stayed home
    5) Get a full night's sleep tonight :|Still in process. Up now but getting ready to go back to sleep I hope

JFT Mon Jun 20 2016

1) Allow time for leisurely breakfast before work
    2) Carry a positive attitude to work
    3) Log every bite
    4) Go for a walk after work
    5) Perform a random act of kindness

Karen in Virginia

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    For today, 6/6/16, I will:

- Not exceed my calorie goal, for food
    - At drinks tonight, only drink slimline G&Ts - maximum 3 (taking me max 150 calories over my limit)

Managed to do these, even though I was hungry!

Also persuaded my friend that I went for drinks with to download MFP - we can be buddies and support each other now.

Today's commitment -

- Go to gym after work
    - Finish day with 350+ calorie deficit (after including gym calories)
    -

Met both of my targets, and actually smashed the second one to the point where MFP told me I wasn't eating enough! (That's never happened before when I've not forgotten to log something)

Didn't actually feel hungry though despite the deficit, which is encouraging. I won't have that deficit on any other days this week:

Today going to my friend's for dinner which will make it difficult to stay within calorie limit - the food is generally not healthy and lots of wine is normally involved.

However, will set the following targets to keep the indulgence down:

- I'll log the dinner, even if I am not exactly sure what's in it
    - I'll make sure I don't eat more main course than others - no second!
    - If dessert is one where we choose portion size, I'll have a small portion
    - I'll drink as much diet lemonade as I do wine to keep my appetite under control - and will limit wine to half a bottle MAX

Hmm, so I managed two of these, I'd say - two of these, though probably wasn't really down to my efforts as opposed to my friends giving me a plate with a small portion size!

Failed on the other two though - had an entire bottle of wine + double g&t, and failed to log any of the calories. It had been a very bad day so i don't feel too bad about it, however I have to make sure this doesn't happen too often - bad days will happen and I need to learn to deal with them without turning to alcohol/food.

Today's commitment is very simple: come in within calorie goal!

Met my goal, came in with zero calories left! I was very hungry though - made me realise that I need to optimise the foods I eat to be fuller - had eaten quite calorie dense but non-filling foods.

I'm now staying with my boyfriend in Madrid for the weekend so control will be hard - we'll be eating out a bit and don't have a scale in the flat for weighing ingredients. Nonetheless, I'll:

- Log all the foods I eat, even if I'm not sure I'm being accurate - better to put something than not bother at all
    - not snack outside meals
    - at meals, go for 'healthy options' - or if i want to go for 'non-healthy options' have small portions
    - keep alcohol and milky coffees to a minimum - no more than one coffee per day and order wine by glass (with as much water drunk as wine)

Will be hard as i like to eat on holiday... will see how i do!

I met all these apart from the not snacking outside meals - we had a couple of pre-dinner drinks and in Madrid they always bring you snacks (crisps/olives) with them. I didn't have loads but did have more than I should have.

Other than that I met them all though. I ended up going 500 cals over, though I'm not sure that's correct, I ate (maybe - not sure) 400g of bread and MFP has said that's nearly 1000 kcal?!

That seems way too high, however just in case i will try to steer clear of the bread today and eat other things instead! Very hard to track when away, you just don't know how many calories you're eating....

So yesterday was slightly better in some areas, slightly worse in others, therefore calories consumed were about the same (just under 500 over).

I avoided bread, which really helped with the calorie intake! On the other hand, I drank more wine than the previous day and had a more fattening dinner - Spaniards put too much olive oil on everything!!

I need to have a better day today otherwise it will too hard to make up for it before next week's weigh in. So today I will:

- Not drink any wine - a G & slimline T might be acceptable if I'm doing ok with calories
    - log all my calories again
    - Not exceed my calories my more than 200
    - not eat any of the crisps they give you when you order drinks!

Met all my commitments, yay! Only went over by 30 odd cals, so quite pleased with myself.

Hadn't lost any weight when I weighed in this morning which disappointed me slightly, though that's a bit silly as I hadn't really stuck to my diet enough to do so. I guess I am no longer in the 'shed lots of water weight' phase and now actually have to try harder!

Commitments for today:
    - stay within calorie limit
    - go to gym and don't eat back the exercise calories
    -

Didn't manage my commitments yesterday - it was a very busy day at work so had to work late (and hence skipped gym) and then went over my calories by 70 due to drinking a couple of gins to wind down....

Not too worries about the calories...70 is not much.... but I do need to work on the 'alcohol as crutch' thing. It's hard when the alternative crutch (food!) is being restricted....

Today I'll set exactly the same targets as yesterday, though I'm aware it's going to be another busy day at work (will be busy until Wed at least) so I may end up finding it hard to go.

If that happens, I'll go - but for a cut down workout (30 mins). Better to do that then nothing!

And only one gin today...

Failed on both my commitments - did not go to the gym (at all) as I ended up going to the pub with my colleague and then had to work more when I got home....

Today I'm going to take it easier on myself, I'm in a stressful place at the moment and think I need to take care of myself rather than aim too high. Weight is dropping off regardless (does stress burn calories?!) So priority for tonight is actually to take it easy, relax and get some sleep. I got barely any yesterday and feel pretty dreadful.

So today's commitments are:
    - come in within calorie limits
    - NO alcohol
    - walk instead of taking the tube for two stops - some gentle exercise may help with the stress levels
    - email counsellor to arrange a session - got to sort out my mental wellbeing

Hmm, once again didn't go so well - was 250 cals over, and did drink some gin. However, had still lost weight on my weigh in today!

Also failed to email the counsellor because when I actually looked at the contact details it was quite complicated to work out which therapist I would actually need and I got a bit stuck. I've arranged to wfh on Friday though and will ring then up then - hoping that sorting my head out will help with the urge to drink/comfort eat!

However, i did do the walking - win!

Today I'll keep it simple, I'll stick within my calories but I'll also do the walking again as that was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

Yesterday I managed both of my commitments, yay! There's something to be said for being less ambitious.

Today I'm going to a friend's for dinner, where apparently we'll be having 'chilli with lots of red wine', which will present some challenges!

My commitments are:

- attempt to log everything even though i won't know exactly what's in it
    - drink at least as much diet lemonade as wine, to reduce the munchies and over eating
    - come in within calorie limit - with a small surplus if poss (made it to gym this morning so i have quite a few extras i can eat!)

@KetoneKaren Thanks for all your support! I'm rushing back to work now so can't respond fully, but will do so later when I'm done for the day!

Managed all my commitments yesterday, which is good!

Today is a big test... going to a barbecue! Normally I go a bit mental at barbecues.... i go somewhat overboard on the burgers, snacks, drinks.....

So today will be the test of whether I'm yet capable of indulging a bit, but not going completely overboard!

Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat and drink
    - eat up to 500 surplus calories (i can make this back with a gym visit)
    - drink only gin and slimline tonics, and have plenty of soft drink alongside
    - eat only minimal snacks alongside the mains - with my boyfriend to be the judge of whether I've succeeded on this!
    -

Hmm so didn't quite succeed on the bbq commitments....

Didn't log anything at the time, had to retrospectively later - therefore went over by 1000 calories rather than 500! At least, I think so... There are a couple of things where I really have no idea how much they were (e.g. cake, homemade redcurrant cordial) so I've estimated, and I might have over compensated....

I nearly managed the 'only gin and tonics' commitment but ended up being tempted by some homemade redcurrent cordial. I also drank no soft drinks at all! Which in retrospect was an error, that would have helped keep the calories down....

I wasn't too bad on the snacks though, although I can't really claim too much credit as there weren't that many around!

Having said all that, I'm not feeing too bad about the day as i was COMPARATIVELY restrained compared to how I would normally be at a bbq (shows you how much I would normally eat!) And did turn down some extra food when I realised i wasn't hungry....

Next time, I really will drink some soft drinks and also will do a better job at adding calories at the time so I'm aware of what I'm eating before it's too late!! It's always difficult to keep adding calories whilst socialising but at the very least I can log the food that I'm taking and intend to eat before i get there... then I'll know how little is left for extras! I will also take my shot glass with me so i don't end up over doing the gin measures.... my natural tendency is to make them pretty strong....

Today is a 'normal day' so i will come in under my calories, ideally with a 100 cal deficit (need to make up for bbq a little!)

Would ideally like to have no alcohol today but I'm going to campaign for the EU referendum on the phone tonight and suspect i may need a gin afterwards to get over all the abuse :-) however I'll avoid if at all possible - may have a bath instead.
  • karenvirapen
    karenvirapen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oops, I missed a couple of days accountability! Let's start again - Monday is a good day to start again - a shiny new day and week B)

So goals for Monday, 20/06/16:

1. Stick to what I plan to eat
    2. Go to yoga class
    3. Unpack one box :)

(if I don't write it down it won't get done - these last few boxes have been lingering since I moved in May!!)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @slittlemeister I see some victories here. One is that you did eat less than you ordinarily would have. Another is that you recognized that you were full. Plus you came up with a couple of strategies for next time...prelogging the food you know you will eat, & taking along a shot glass. Kudos!