Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    The car is definitely not OK--it may be totaled. I'm waiting for the whole insurance process to runs its course.

On the plus side, this gives me even more opportunity to walk. Uff--I did't realize how far away my credit union was until I had to walk there today to deposit a physical check.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Just for today ( sunday April 26)
    1. 1 hour walking :smiley: rained all day so we went swimming 30 min of laps and played basketball.
    2. 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Work on packing up studio for moving. :wink: ditched work for family fun.

[/quote]

Just for today ( Monday April 27 )
    1. 1 hour exercise
    2. 1200 calories
  • pamendrizzi178
    pamendrizzi178 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Like the idea I'm in
  • ATVer
    ATVer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, my Hopper broke. I'm so hooked on TV and my Hopper and didn't even realize it. Not quite sure what to do with myself. So....

Just for today:
    -Find ways to enjoy being Hopper FREE! (like move a little.) :/
    -Be the most positive person at work.
    -Log every bite.
    -Quark baby, Quark!

Joan6630 - Thanks!

Have an amazing Monday everyone!
    JJ
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    my jft is actually for the next three days and I have a tendency to want to be a bum on my time off. So my just for the weekend. 1. 30,000 steps across the three days :neutral: averaged about 9,000 steps a day - better than my usual weekend day of like 6000 steps 2. Meals not grazing - This one went pretty good, when I had a snack I had really thought about it and drank water 3. Record all food even if not measured - meh only like half successful 4. waste less time on the internet -nope not even good. If I'm going todo this goal, I need to set an allowed amount of time a day for useless internet (paying bills, taking care email, quick searches, weather, etc are acceptable. Facebook and MFP trolling not so much)

JFT - Monday 1. walk at lunch plus one after I get home, 2. sort and file insurance paperwork pile 3. keep positive about certain things
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Been away for 2 weeks. We went on vacation & I lost my focus. So glad to get back.
    Today I will:
    Track everything.
    Plan meals for 2 days.
    Tackle the yard.
    Body blast Bootcamp tonight....no excuses!
    Journal in am.
    Have a great start to the week!

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Been away with work... Crazy week of 14 hour days, 95% of time on my feet, and speaking French to deliver the course. Came back shattered and over indulged myself totally to compensate (which it didn't).
    Put on 2 lbs in a week.

So... starting again this week.
    JFT:
    - no added sugar
    - hit calorie goal
    - recommit to the end goal and timing
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Just for today

Get my water in (4-5L)
    Eat Clean
    No Cheats
    Smile, say hello and good day to everyone I see
  • kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just for today

-Drink one gallon of water
    -Be nice to myself
  • Poopmooney
    Poopmooney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JFT - I will not graze, I will breathe deeply, I will take a 30 minute walk and I will be positive to myself and all those I see. Good luck to all JFT!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/26
    1. learn the T-Tapp moves and start the two weeks today :neutral: This has proven more difficult than I thought. I read the book but do not do well learning movements by reading. Cannot find anything on YouTube. Do not want to spend $30 on something I plan on trying for a few weeks.
    2. log every bite :(
    3. get in 10K steps :)
    4. clean house :)

Just for Today 4/27
    1. Log every bite

That is all for today. I lost my motivation and have to get back to basics. I was doing so well before I got sick. Cannot let something like that throw me off so hard.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 - glad to hear that you are okay!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @kwfitgal - awesome, I did not know we lived so close to each other! Ashland is a beautiful area, I went there last summer for the 1st time in Bayfield and we sea kayaked on Lake Superior. It was incredible. I love it up there:)
  • ruby70
    Options
    @azulvioleta6 - I am sorry to hear about your car:( I am glad you were not hurt seriously. You usually are killing your steps per day when you have a car!!!! I cannot wait to hear how many you get in now that you will have some extra walking the next couple of days :) Way to find the positives!
  • ruby70
    Options
    JFT 4/27/15

1.)complete double workouts today, Cardio at lunch, Chalene Extreme Weights tonight!
    2.) no salty or sweet empty calories
    3.) no red wine tonight after work. more water, water, water!!!!!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @saragirl2 and feistyjojo: I'm glad to see you both "back" (even though you have been on here longer than me, of course!) You really offer unique encouragement and inspiration on here, so may you receive some of that back at you, of folks saying--"YAY!!! Brush off your knees and keep going!" Hopefully, Sara you really enjoyed the vacation, and Jo--was there was something "fun" about the work experience (being around French people?!??)? Anyway, hope you both have a successful re-start! :)
    I already posted my JFT last nite for today....so, Happy Monday All!
  • SassyNewMe1993
    SassyNewMe1993 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just for today April 27, 2015

This is my first day back to living a healthy life. I have a commitment to keep. This thread will be a wonderful source of inspiration when I need a kick in the pants.

Log every bite - no matter what.
    Make good choices
    Exercise
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple again. I have been so busy lately, both work-wise, and doing yard work. So I have to remember to take care of myself.
    1. log everything I eat
    2. drink 2 glasses of water with each meal, and 1 glass inbetween meals.
    3. walk tonite!

Hope everyone has a great day
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JFT and the whole 7 day week, I will attempt to stick to calories goals -- I tend to stay within goals for about 3 days out of the week and this is not working! Go to the gym tonight --- and be pleasant with everyone I come in contact with!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/27
    1. Log every bite

That is all for today. I lost my motivation and have to get back to basics. I was doing so well before I got sick. Cannot let something like that throw me off so hard.

Regarding: getting back to basics....

This was the topic of our church sermon yesterday. Our pastor related it to getting back to reading your bible but it really relates to any area of life where you are trying to grow.

He showed a clip of a football plyer who made a spectacular one handed jumping catch and then fell over the goal line onto his back. He still held the ball one handed with defenders all over him and he made a
    touchdown. It was really amazing to see and the player won all sorts of awards and fame as a result.

Next we saw maybe 20 or more short clips of the player in high school, college and the pros at practice after practice after practice working on this exact skill. Over and over and over and over!

So here we are trying to improve our health, lose weight, exercise consistantly, and reach the goals that we are dreaming about. If we keep falling back on the basics, practice over and over the fundamentals and work diligently toward our dreams, someday in the future we will all fall over the goal lines that we have set for ourselves.