Replies

• AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this!

Just for today 4/29/15:

1) run a mile nonstop
    2) don't have a diet coke - replace it with water
    3) Be proud of myself and stop thinking about that guy who said "WHOA you're pregnant again?!" (I'm not pregnant again).

Ok I gotta work on #3 because obviously I'm still thinking about that! :wink:
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/28
    1. log everything, even if I go above my calorie allotment :) I was actually UNDER my allotment, but wasn't hungry
    2. spend time this evening preening myself, i deserve to look/feel good :)
    3. figure out that dang T-Tapp routine :) I finally figured it out and it kicked my butt!!

Just for Today 4/29
    1. Remember that I choose to do this for me
    2. log every bite, even if I go over
    3. T-Tapp

To all soda lovers - another alternative is flavored club soda. It's water, no calories, but lots of flavor :)

"If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Loving losingrae post!

"If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    AnnaKeck wrote: »
    I love this!

Just for today 4/29/15:

1) run a mile nonstop
    3) Be proud of myself and stop thinking about that guy who said "WHOA you're pregnant again?!" (I'm not pregnant again).

#3 is too funny!!! How old is your youngest?
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This looks like a helpful exercise! Diving in...

Just for today, 04/29/15

1) I will log EVERY SINGLE BITE/SIP
    2) Talk a brisk walk during hockey game intermissions.
    3) Get at least 64 oz water
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My younger brother gave me a gym membership as a gift over 2 months ago.I gained over 100 lbs in the last few years.I weighed myself for the first time in over a year and decided that today i was going to go into the gym for the first time.I did and it felt good.I am taking it one day at a time.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    keezo1 wrote: »
    My younger brother gave me a gym membership as a gift over 2 months ago.I gained over 100 lbs in the last few years.I weighed myself for the first time in over a year and decided that today i was going to go into the gym for the first time.I did and it felt good.I am taking it one day at a time.

Good for you. I was never "athletic " but when I turned 65 I got a free gym membership with my healthcare supplement. And I love love love it. I wish I had known that years ago. The aerobic dance classes are such fun and spin classes are the best. You can walk on the track rain or shine. I only have 4 more lbs to go to reach goal!!!!!!!!!!

It is a way of life now. I get upset if I have to miss going.
  • keezo1
    Options
    keezo1 wrote: »

Good for you. I was never "athletic " but when I turned 65 I got a free gym membership with my healthcare supplement. And I love love love it. I wish I had known that years ago. The aerobic dance classes are such fun and spin classes are the best. You can walk on the track rain or shine. I only have 4 more lbs to go to reach goal!!!!!!!!!!

It is a way of life now. I get upset if I have to miss going.

I plan on going,I guess its not as bad as i thought it would be
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    @keezo1 -I also love the social aspect.
  • keezo1
    Options
    @keezo1 -I also love the social aspect.

It was almost empty in my section because it is a pretty huge gym,but my mom went with me so i had someone to talk to.
  • Cathi1992
    Cathi1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I have done it before with friends but we all start strong for a day or two and then fall off. I restarted MFP and hope to use it to gain control of my food and lack of exercise. So just for today I will...
    1)log my food
    2) drink 48 oz of water (I have been so bad about water that this is a big jump and I will need to add a bit more everyday)
    3)go to sleep before 11pm
  • AnnaKeck
    Options
    I love this!

Just for today 4/29/15:

1) run a mile nonstop

I just have one kiddo so far, he's a year and a half old. He's the best thing ever but boy oh boy am I still trying to get back into shape after pregnancy!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    I love this!

Just for today 4/29/15:

1) run a mile nonstop

I just have one kiddo so far, he's a year and a half old. He's the best thing ever but boy oh boy am I still trying to get back into shape after pregnancy!

Good that you are working on it before baby #2 comes along. It is so hard to get off if you don't lose it all between pregnancies. Good luck and have lots of fun with your little boy. I have two grown sons and they were and are the best.

Now I get to enjoy 5 grandchildren.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Wednesday's goals:
    - hit calorie target
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Didn't hit Wednesday's goals. Woke at 4 and that was it for sleep. Ate breakfast really early and was starving by a late lunch so ate more than I needed. Then unplanned friends for dinner.
    On the positive side... I wasn't ridiculous number of calories over.. could have been so much worse
    - I was really good at dinner... sensible portion size, no second helping
    - - would have been darned close without the wine. But it's not everyday that you hear one of best friends has a heart that will not last him into old age and who may need to go on the transplant register someday soon.

All things considered I've made some amazingly good choices and am ok with the day.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    - - hit calorie target
    - - get out for some fresh air even if it's 10 mins walk round the block
    - - protein, protein, protein. Get some!!
    - - no added sugar

Remember and connect to the end goal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    kwfitgal wrote: »

I always appreciate your desire to brighten someone's day (#4)!!! I'll keep this one in mind for today also.
    Say--here's an idea for you (speaking of challenge!), as I too used to drink way to much soda (Mountain Dew). I pretty much went cold turkey on it once I started MFP coz it took up way too many calories. But it helped that I found a substitute: Kombucha (like GT's). It is a sort of (sounds weird) fermented tea...comes in different flavors. Can find it for sure at natural food stores, maybe at some grocery stores in the refrigerated juice section. It is incredibly healthy for you: provides probiotics and enzymes, no added sugar...Why it is a good substitute is that it is nicely slightly sweet and it is FIZZY from natural carbonation (do NOT shake the bottle!) :) It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but is worth it. I really like the Gingerade flavor, and Gingerberry. Good luck!

Thanks so much for this suggestion! I am going to try this. I really need to cut out soda. I drink WAY too much Diet Pepsi and Diet coke, and I know it is not good for me! Plus so many have said that the sweetness, even in diet drinks, can actually make you crave sugar. SO going to put this on my grocery list!
    Thank you!

Yes, Kombucha can be tasty. It's a great occasional treat. Carbs are my issue (medical problems) and fruit-flavored Kombucha has far fewer carbs than most fruit juice. On the rare occasion when I really want fruit juice, I will have 1/2 of a passion fruit or guava kombucha instead.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    JFT

10,000 steps
    Log all food
    Do strength exercises at Y to build muscle because muscle burns more calories than fat

Check, check & check. All goals met. Steps were at 10,300 today.
  • AnnaKeck
    Options
    I love this!

Just for today 4/29/15:

1) run a mile nonstop

#1: check!
    #2: check!
    #3: ........still gotta work on that one....
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Just for today ( Wednesday April 29)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack to work with me. :smile:
    2. 1200 calories - I had to guess on dinner out so I'm really not sure if I stayed under. I'll give myself 2/3 of a smile for breakfast and lumch!
    3. Exercise and/or packing and moving. - double credit here! I got up really early and did an hour on the treadmill and we got about 3/4 moved. :smile: :smile:

Just for today ( Thursday April 30)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. 1200 calories
    3. Exercise and / or finish moving my art studio