Options

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Just for today 5/1

Finish spring cleaning
    Start packing for vacation!
    Go on the hunt for some sweet watermelon (my fave :blush: )
  • Cathi1992
    Cathi1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1)log my food -did it!
    2) drink 48 oz of water - did it!
    3)go to sleep before 11pm - well, I was closer but not quite yet.

Just for Today
    1)log my food
    2) drink 64 oz of water
    3)go to sleep before 11pm

Kwfitgal - I am increasing my water today. I appreciate your tip about the lemon juice. I used to do this and forgot all about it. I will give it a try for a few of those glasses today. Just the increase the last few days has made a difference - I feel less lethargic the more water I drink.

The logging of food has helped me to go back to measuring and planning. I am going to enter dinner now since we are having company and I will need to adjust my calories during the day to save a few extra for tonight.

• enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just for today:

- Drink at least 64 oz of water ( 8 cups)
    - Say something positive about my body
    - Complete 2 miles on the treadmill
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/30:
    1. log every bite :)
    2. T-Tapp :(

Just for Today 05/01
    1. log
    2. T-Tapp
    3. Do not allow the "weekend attitude" to take over
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 13,055
    2. get to the gym in some form :smiley:
    3. finish planting veggie seeds :smiley:

I got a julienne peeler in the mail yesterday...there are zoodles and swoodles and canoodles...oh my!

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. walk and dance
    3. eat healthy noodley things
  • squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What a great forum....I'm new to this whole joining in concept on mfp...but forming a sense of community in real life and computer land is my number one goal ...eating crap in gross amounts is a direct result of self hatred isolation blah blah. Do we post one every day? Thank you and high fives to the people who log all they eat...even if it includes a bag of kettle chips, three blueberry muffins, and thirteen carmels...but....uuhhh...no one would really eat that...
  • squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Thursday:

I got a julienne peeler in the mail yesterday...there are zoodles and swoodles and canoodles...oh my!

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. walk and dance

How does that noodler work? Better than just slicing thin? Healthy noodley things...do theey hit the spot /fill you up?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thursday:

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. walk and dance

How does that noodler work? Better than just slicing thin? Healthy noodley things...do theey hit the spot /fill you up?

The tool that I have is a SwissClassic Julienne Blade peeler. It looks similar to any vegetable peeler. You just hold the prepped veggie, pull the peeler along it lengthwise and voila, noodles! Last night I just sauteed everything--I have been prepping zucchini this way for a long time. It's good with garlic or shallots and a pat of butter. I think that they can also be cooked briefly in boiling water. This is way faster than cutting by hand.

Yes, veggies plus meat with some fat does fill me up. There were plenty of carbs in the sweet potato!

I expect that I will mostly use the tool for salad prep. It will be great for slaws. I've hunting for more ideas on Pinterest.

You could do the same with a spiralizer, but those are more expensive. I got my peeler on Amazon for $7.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    What a great forum....I'm new to this whole joining in concept on mfp...but forming a sense of community in real life and computer land is my number one goal ...eating crap in gross amounts is a direct result of self hatred isolation blah blah. Do we post one every day? Thank you and high fives to the people who log all they eat...even if it includes a bag of kettle chips, three blueberry muffins, and thirteen carmels...but....uuhhh...no one would really eat that...

It seems to work best if you post every day, but nobody will get on your case if you don't do that.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Funny!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Just for today ( Friday April 1)
    1. Exercise 1 hour :smile:
    2. 1200 calories :smile:
    [/quote]

Happy May everyone!

I've set new monthly and weekly goals and in an effort to meet them...just for today...
    Saturday May 2
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work
    2. Exercise 1 hour
    3. Grocery shop and prep food
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    May 2nd - Good morning, everyone !!!

Just for today, I will;
    1. Exercise at least 2 hours.
    2. Pump some iron.
    3. Drink more water, still not doing well with this!!
    4. Be a positive example for my younger workout buddies ( they are ALL younger, lol !! )
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Beautiful saturday here - may 2nd. Started my day out with a HUGE glass of water!
    So just for today
    1. drink water before breakfast, and 2 glasses with each meal, 1 glass in between meals. These small steps will help me to get in my 8+ glasses of water a day.
    2. Log all my food. I've been terrible with this, and need to get back to logging everything!
    3. Do not let my daughter's illness get me down - look at only positives in life.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Today I commit to seeing Age of Ultron and not eating any popcorn.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Just for Today, 1 May:
    1. Stick to cals--Did great thru whole day, knowing I was going out for dinner. Didn't even record--didn't pig out/brought home 1/2. I just know I went over.
    2. 3+ pints water/tea--Great!
    3. Exercise 30+ min--Great!
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :)--Yes :)

1. Stick to cals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min-- :) Got this in already, but I'd like to do more to make up for yesterday!
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :)
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 05/01
    1. log :(
    2. T-Tapp :smile :(
    4. Do not allow the "weekend attitude" to take over :(

Just for Today 05/02
    1. log every bite
    2. Take control of the "weekend attitude" It's not a job that you take a break from, it's a choice that I do for myself.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smiley: 16,559, mostly salsa dancing
    2. walk and dance :smiley:
    3. eat healthy noodley things :smile: did have some extra canoodles on my lunch salad

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps (rest oddly sore foot)
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 100 G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post again but I do consistently track everything.
    So... last 4 days have been slightly over calorie goal. Started with having a couple of friends to stay for 2 nights. And me having a little wine both nights which I don't normally do.

So... it's Saturday night. I still have a 1 lb to lose to hit my goal for Monday. And I have a pub lunch tomorrow. ..

So my commitments are:
    - I will not drink alcohol at lunch. Empty calories that would just send me to sleep
    - Enjoy my lunch and stop when I'm full
    - Get out for a 30 min walk somehow, somewhere
    - Hit my calorie target

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Today..... I am proud to say I managed to stay on plan for the 2 days I was unexpectedly called out of town to assist a sick family member. Stress was very high and this is usually my trigger for fast food, and candy. The idea crossed my mind but I wasn't swayed.

Today I also stayed on plan while resting in bed from the strain this trip put on my chronic back injury. Another situational trigger to junk out that I managed to overcome.

High 5 to me! It seems I am finally on a steady path back to good physical and emotional health:-)
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Challenging day with lots of errands. I am proud to say I stuck to plan choosing a healthy salad at the local grocery instead of the unhealthy fast food I usually make an excuse for. I even called home and asked DH to start dinner for me so I wouldn't be tempted to stray.

Today I..
    1. Logged all my food
    2. Drank all my water
    3. Completed all PT exercise
    4. Stayed true to plan
    5. Kept a positive attitude even through stressful moments
    6. Found an inspiring realistic goal photo from my victorias secret catalog and put it in my closet to keep me motivated each day
    7. Read through new posts in this thread......

Thanks everyone for the motivation and inspiration you post each day.
    It was a very good day! :-):-):-)

Thank you! I found your success today very inspiring!

Thank you! Knowing my day inspired someone else gives me another reason to keep moving forward.:-)