Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,971 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just for today 4/21
    1. Stick to what I have logged for food :);)
    2. Protein drink :'(:'(
    3. NO NO late night snack :);)

Just for today 4/22
    1. AGAIN no no late night snacking :)
    2. Buy HEALTHY snacks :)
    3. Try a NEW exercise! :(:(
    4. Don't let the scale influence your mood! :):)

@Rudy enjoy the field trip, :)

Just for today: 4/23
    1. Get a early run in :smile:
    2. Try again a new exercise :)
    3. Protein drink :)

Just for today 4/24
    1. Protein drink :)
    2. Make time for myself today :)
    3. Stick to what I log / No late night snacking :)

Just for today 4/25
    1. Make smart choices for lunch (going out to lunch with hubby) :):)
    2. Get a EARLY run in! :):)
    3. Protein drink :):)

Just for today 4/26
    1. Get healthy dinners while doing grocery shopping :( decided not to go shopping today
    2. Plan next week workouts (I need to start training for my half) :)
    3. NO NO late night snacking :)

Just for today 4/27
    1. Strength training video :( But I did get strength training accomplished, just not with the tape!
    2. Protein drink :):)
    3. Get my long run in EARLY w/ good pace!

Just for today 4/28
    1. Go to Aqua Fit :(
    2. Protein drink :)
    3. No snacking after 7. :)
    4. Remember whatever the scale says, I'm making progress! :)

I thought I checked in yesterday, darn! :'(:|:'(
    Just for today:
    1. Get a run in before having breakfast.
    2. Protein drink
    3. Healthy dinner
    4. NO NO late night snacking
    5. Go to fitness class

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    JFT

10,000 steps
    6 glasses water
    Log all calories
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking.
    Journal.
    Read/watch something inspirational.
    45 min walk.
    Stay positive!

A childhood friend of mine had a serious health scare & it reminded me that I have to continue to make my health a priority.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

1. Stick to cals-- :):)
    2. 3+ pints water/tea-- :)
    3. Exercise 30+ min--including abs/legs today-- :o Really busy day and it slipped away. Will prioritize today!
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :) --Missed my reading. Fairly peaceful by happenstance. I'd like to go into my day with my heart prepared, though. Will have to try again for today.
    1. Stick to cals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min--including abs/legs today
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :)
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    P.S. It was fun to see all the posts re: soda alternatives!! So great that we can help each other that way.
    So, I have one for you: Anyone have a healthier alternative to Ben & Jerry's?!?!!!??? I looooooooooooove ice cream and usually crave the creaminess if I'm in the mood for anything. I've tried a couple things--Arctic Zone was gross. I did find a chocolate coconut bar by Larry & Luna (?) that is yummy. Any other ideas?
    @losingrae: I did the 15 min ttapp thing for a while and did see results. I felt it right away in my legs and abs, and more conscious of posture. It is a tricky set, coz she has so many specifics for correct form. I'm really visual, so I had to follow with the DVD which really helped. Good luck to you!
    @ATVer: Keep on checking in here! Brush off your knees and keep plugging away. You know how super it feels to have a good day, not to mention the future benefits! Hope today is a good day!
  • Cathi1992
    Cathi1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1)log my food-Yes!
    2) drink 48 oz of water (I have been so bad about water that this is a big jump and I will need to add a bit more everyday) - Did better but I didn't make it
    3)go to sleep before 11pm - I was in bed but still read for about 20 minutes - only a tiny bit better

Just for Today
    1)log my food
    2) drink 48 oz of water
    3)go to sleep before 11pm
    I will stick with these three until I get them! I can do it! You ladies are inspiring!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    , Wed 4/28
    1. plan my meals for today. It is a very busy day again, so planning definitely helps :) Had Chicken Salsa in the crockpot
    2. remember to drink more water. This is my hardest thing to remember to do! :/
    3. try and get out for a long walk tonite! :) Went on a shorter walk, but still got in 3.5 miles! But so tired last nite - on my feet almost all day!

Just for today, thursday
    1. Going to the book fair with hubby, and dinner afterwards, so try and eat lite. We have our yearly physicals tomorrow morning, so no snacking tonite!
    2. Drink water. This is my biggest challenge lately
    3. LOG MY FOOD!

Busy day again. Hope you all have a great day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smiley:
    2. weights :neutral: ended up doing a ton of heavy gardening instead
    3. under 100 G carbs :( went a little rogue and decided to have TWO carby meals yesterday...not good, but at least I got a lot of veggies

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. get to the gym in some form
    3. finish planting veggie seeds
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    Joan: You and I have the same challenge: Water! I too, find it sooooooo hard to force myself to drink water. Soda used to be frequent, and I usually would prefer coffee, too. But now, I've read so much about how good green tea is for you, that I have forced myself to have 2 cups every morning, and now it is routine--so that counts as "water". There are so many yummy flavors!
    Also, have you ever investigated all of the flavored waters out there? It would be a $ "investment" to go that way, but may be worth it for your health...Things like "Hint"--low to zero cal coz just a hint of juice, or sweetened with stevia.
    Lastly, I often resort to a squeeze of good old fresh lemon juice. Definitely makes plain water more palatable. AND, I read an interesting article that says as we women get older, our bodies might not hydrate despite drinking lots of water because it needs to be alkaline (hence the lemon juice) to be absorbed into our cells.
    Hope any of that works for you! Good luck!!
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thursday 4/30:

1. Log everything. EVERYTHING.
    2. No diet coke
    3. Take a jog around the neighborhood after work. At least 15 minutes.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/29
    1. Remember that I choose to do this for me :)
    2. log every bite, even if I go over :) Pretty proud, went out for Mexican when I was starving so I ended up eating chips, but I logged them!
    3. T-Tapp :)

"If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up."

Just for Today 4/30:
    1. log every bite
    2. T-Tapp

@kwfitgal - Can I ask why you stopped doing T-Tapp? I want to spend the $40 to buy the DVD's but I don't want to end up stopping the program.
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    @losingrae: Ah! That is an extremely individual question: i.e., I'll share what I thought, but I would NOT want that to stop you from trying it out to see if you like it!!! Like I said, I'm really a visual learner, so the following the book wasn't going to work for me. The video is very helpful--totally demonstrates and explains. Why I stopped is that I found her a bit corny. Sorry--that's my own hang-up. There is no music either, so it is not very peppy--which is fine for some people, but boring to me. I tried for a while--I think results are good. In fact, she has another DVD (Yes, You Can seminar) where she gives a presentation about the methodology/science behind her movements. And in it, she demonstrates a whole lot of "stand alone" movements you could do thruout the day at home or work--posture, and things that put muscles in more constant fat burning. I still do those occasionally or when I am walking!! I'd say, if you can check some it out from the library, try that first coz her stuff is an investment! Otherwise, there is a TON of her stuff being sold on Ebay cheaper. Hope that helps!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late here but I love this thread so am chiming in late. :smile:

Just for Today 4/30:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Take the high road and try to keep a positive attitude
    3. 30 minutes of activity
    4. 15 minutes of "me" time - maybe meditate, read, massage chair at gym, etc.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Joan: You and I have the same challenge: Water! I too, find it sooooooo hard to force myself to drink water. Soda used to be frequent, and I usually would prefer coffee, too. But now, I've read so much about how good green tea is for you, that I have forced myself to have 2 cups every morning, and now it is routine--so that counts as "water". There are so many yummy flavors!
    Also, have you ever investigated all of the flavored waters out there? It would be a $ "investment" to go that way, but may be worth it for your health...Things like "Hint"--low to zero cal coz just a hint of juice, or sweetened with stevia.
    Lastly, I often resort to a squeeze of good old fresh lemon juice. Definitely makes plain water more palatable. AND, I read an interesting article that says as we women get older, our bodies might not hydrate despite drinking lots of water because it needs to be alkaline (hence the lemon juice) to be absorbed into our cells.
    Hope any of that works for you! Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the info!! I am going to look at the flavored waters -- I really need to stop drinking the Diet Pepsi!! I fill up my water bottle every morning, with the intent to refill this at least 2 or 3 times. Only to find at the end of the day that I've maybe drank 1 cup! So really need to work on this!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @kwfitgal - Thank you for the honesty :) I see what you mean about the corniness. I found the instructional video online and that is how I am doing it. It's on some Russian FB page though, and I keep getting a pop up that I have to close, hence thinking of buying actual DVDs.

Joan - I like your idea of two glasses at each meal, one between. Sometimes, if you're not into drinking water a big bottle can feel overwhelming. But most glasses are actually 16 oz, and are pretty easy to drink so there's 2 cups down!
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    1. Stick to cals-- :/ Over
    2. 3+ pints water/tea-- :):) Yes--I think I even got in 4 pts!!!
    3. Exercise 30+ min--including abs/legs today -- :):) Got in a really nice amount indoors and out
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :) --got in some reading...peaceful??? Mostly, I guess
    Just for Today, 1 May:
    1. Stick to cals
    2. 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30+ min
    4. Keep focused/do my reading for peacefulness in my day! :)
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would see the day I consumed too little calories. I aggrevated my back injury yesterday and was called out if town for a family emergency today. I was prepared and brought food to cover meals but was so overwhelmed stressed and in pain I had no appetite. Now mfp won't count my day because I didnt meet heath standards. Normally I would have used this day as an excuse for poor eating choices.

Today..
    1. I bought a prepared grilled chicken salad from the local grocery instead of hitting the convenient drive through.
    2. I made it through an extremely stressful day without turning to cigarettes or comfort food.
    3. I drank all my water.
    4. I enjoyed time with my terminally ill family member.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Just for today ( Thursday April 30)
    1. Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Exercise and / or finish moving my art studio :smile:

[/quote]
    Just for today ( Friday April 1)
    1. Exercise 1 hour
    2. 1200 calories
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would see the day I consumed too little calories. I aggrevated my back injury yesterday and was called out if town for a family emergency today. I was prepared and brought food to cover meals but was so overwhelmed stressed and in pain I had no appetite. Now mfp won't count my day because I didnt meet heath standards. Normally I would have used this day as an excuse for poor eating choices.

Today..
    1. I bought a prepared grilled chicken salad from the local grocery instead of hitting the convenient drive through.
    2. I made it through an extremely stressful day without turning to cigarettes or comfort food.
    3. I drank all my water.

You handled your stress admirably! So sorry about your terminally ill family member.
  • kwfitgal
    Options

Today..
    3. I drank all my water.

You handled your stress admirably! So sorry about your terminally ill family member.

I second vicky's comments--Hopefully you both/all have a good support network. That must be hard!