NSV: Fat Girl Does C25K - in Public!

Options
12346»

Replies

• silentgrl44
    silentgrl44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up for you getting out there and doing it! I did my first day of C25K today and I can understand not wanting too many people staring! I woke up at 5:30 a.m just so I could huff and puff without anyone seeing me! Im happy to see others around my weight also doing the program. Gives me hope!
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I went through the same mental battle before I went swimming.

1 day before I was meant to go swimming, I posted a topic on MFP about "being too fat to swim" and the amount of replies I got shocking. EVERYBODY was supportive.

The day I went, I was nervous. I had butterflies. I was constantly saying to myself "Not worth it, may as well go home" "I can't do this, I'm too self conscious"

Anyway, I went, I plucked up the courage to go in, got changed, got in that pool, and I swam for an hour!

Now I go swimming for at least an hour, 4 times a week.

One of the best moves I ever made!
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo you!!!!! Well done, keep it up:wink:
  • frostytots
    frostytots Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I am happy for you. I had such a fear of everyone seeing me exercise in public (still do). But I quickly figured out that most people are too absorbed in what they're doing to care about what you're doing. I have been running/ exercising in public for about 8 months and have never had anyone say anything negative to me, and I live in a rougher neighborhood. Congrats!
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome story! I always tend to talk my self out of things for fear of people looking and judging. You stayed strong and are inspiring me! Great job!
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    Way to Go! Don't feel bad! I did the same thing as I was embarrassed to start jogging in my neighborhood too. Instead, I drove to the cemetery where my father-in-law is buried and ran around it every morning. No one there laughed and I finally got up the strength (and courage) to venture out in public. I ran my first 5k a couple of weeks ago. I jogged most of it but walked a bit. Most importantly, I finished under my own power and it felt great! I have another one in a few weeks and I am looking forward to doing an even better job (or jog LOL) this time.

:o)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    OP how is your program going? Are you doing 5ks? I have done them walking, love that but running? Not my cuppa but I hope it worked out well for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!