Headed to Australia; need motivation

13»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,449 Member
    edited March 2015
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    They sell Franks and Tobasco at Woolies, even all the way up here in Cairns.

And down here in Tasmania!

The "strange chilli sauce" was probably sweet chili sauce ... quite popular down here, but definitely not the only choice.

• Machka9
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    They sell Franks and Tobasco at Woolies, even all the way up here in Cairns.

I do love hot foods but since it's a new country to me, I'll try whatever the locals eat!! Thanks for the advice on where to pick up some sauce though!

Meatpies and pavlova. :D

• Machka9
    Well I will certainly try 1 or 3 Tim tams :D Thanks for all this great knowledge! You guys have no idea... I've searched the Internet and not even come close to the info I've gotten here. (Maybe my search queues were off) :p

I put this together just recently ... it needs a bit of touching up still, still just a bit rough ... but it is about Australia from the perspective of a Canadian (me) who visited for 3 months and travelled up and down the east coast, who visited Victoria for 2 weeks, and then who moved here in 2009 and who has lived in a couple different areas as well as travelling to several States.

http://www.machka.net/articles/OzTips.htm

• I have the same goals as you and on top of that I'm taking a gap year jn Australia next year!!! Would love to motivate each other and talk about it!

That's awesome and of course we can exchange information about our trips!

• Thanks ladies! For all the info and motivation!!