Husband Rant

Options

Replies

• MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ginaaa71 wrote: »
    Not sure if that's worse or better than what my hub said "eat whatever you want, you have been eating so healthy for a whole week. One day won't hurt" I don't need his help wearing down my resolve to lose weight or my willpower to avoid fast food. He meant well, but ugh.

OMG YES!!! When I was at my fittest (and skinniest, although I hate defining myself as fat or skinny...but...just to paint a picture here) back in '09, I CLEARLY remember my hubby saying these same things...so i listened...EVERY DAY...and by the time I got pregnant in '10, I'd gained back 25lbs and then I packed on another 55ish during pregnancy! lol.
  • MelWick524
    Options

cbills65 wrote: »
    Men just don't see things like we do and what is important to us may seem silly to them. My husband will acknowledge that my hard work is paying off and how he admires my dedication one day and the next he's ranting about how I'm "obsessed" and need to cut back. Really? I either do cardio or lifting once a day. Rarely do I ever do both in one day and I never work out for longer than 1 hr in one sitting. I take rest days every week. I've noticed that his attitude depends on what's going on with HIM. For whatever reason, he projects onto me whatever he's dealing with. So if I don't have "time" for him because I need to get my 40 min workout done, suddenly it's an obsession. Any other time he's got his own thing going and couldn't care less if I'm working out or splitting the atom. All I can tell you, honey is that men are a different animal and don't expect them to act or react like us (ladies). Undoubtedly they feel the same way about us. You know the truth in this case. Chalk it up to the whole Venus/Mars thing and keep working you *kitten* off!

yes yes yes yes and this is why i LOVE this site!!!! <3
  • MelWick524
    Options
    Edwardshar wrote: »
    Just get a divorce, it won't get any better. He obviously doesn't love you. :(

hahaha I don't even know how you wrote that, but it made me giggle!!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    HAHA perhaps it's time for a kick boxing class?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Oh or workout naked. Maybe I'll just start running on the treadmill a la birthday suite. It will either be awesome or traumatic... Either way I bet he's be speechless. Lol

This.
    JUST.
    Wow.
    LOL!!!!!

• kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hubby is getting a kiss on the forehead when I get home. He was the fitness buff when we met. Now I'm running around and he's making excuses. But his advice has always been kind and appropriate. He got a good look at my bat wings at the swimming pool this weekend and suggested several arm lifts to help firm them up a bit.

Yep my hubs is getting a big kiss too. He usually tells me to slow it down a notch, and that I look fantastic. That being said we both know he couldn't keep up with me in a workout so he doesn't pretend like he can.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    My wife has trained me to understand the unpleasant circumstances of such unsolicited commentary. I should note for the record that she is my second wife for a reason. I am now domesticated and housebroken.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    We are not smart and never claimed to be.

LOLZ

• scar47
    scar47 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 38 years to the same woman, so I've "learned" a few things. One of them is to never, ever, under any circumstance, offer unsolicited advice. Another nugget of wisdom is to never, ever, under any circumstance, notice that she might possibly have put on a pound or twenty.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »

that BEARD! you put my man's scraggly grizzle to shame with that beast!

Maybe if he put more effort into it...

LOLZ!!
  • MelWick524
    Options
    that first word was s**t. i like bad words. a lot. lol.

Pottymouth. What the *kitten* is wrong with you?

I get too used to talking preschool talk...then I end up binge-swearing on MFP forums !!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    that first word was s**t. i like bad words. a lot. lol.

Pottymouth. What the *kitten* is wrong with you?

I get too used to talking preschool talk...then I end up binge-swearing on MFP forums !!

There's an app to help you cut back on that. Interestingly enough, it's also called MFP. MyFuckingPottymouth...
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    i like bad words. a lot. lol.
    Me, too... lol....

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    My wife has trained me to understand the unpleasant circumstances of such unsolicited commentary. I should note for the record that she is my second wife for a reason. I am now domesticated and housebroken.

LOL

• poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i know i'm late, but don't be discouraged. Here's something to remember this! https://pinterest.com/pin/65091157084410510/?z=1
  • angela101427
    angela101427 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have had similar issues with my hubby, the only thing that got him to recognize my hard work was when his good friend commented on how well I was doing and wished his girlfriend had my attitude. Keep your head up girlfriend, sometimes men need reminders of how great we really are.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    it seems like to me that most men and women just think differently.

Men try to fix things for you (give suggestions where they think you're failing), where as women offer support and try to make you feel better.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    it seems like to me that most men and women just think differently.

Men try to fix things for you (give suggestions where they think you're failing), where as women offer support and try to make you feel better.

Exactly!!!!!
  • bellabutt3
    bellabutt3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just have to share: Tonight my sweet hubby came home from work and proceeded to make me a healthy delicious salad for dinner! Really thoughtful & sweet, right? THEN HE SAT DOWN AND ATE AN ENTIRE POT OF MAC & CHEESE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
    I want to drop 10 - 15 lbs (he is diabetic and NEEDS to lose 50!) uuughhh!
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Hahahaha. :)

He thinks he is helping... by offering unsolicited advice. Tell him thanks honey but mind ya b'ness. When and if you have a problem that needs fixing, you'll let him know... otherwise you expect his unwavering support. Do what works for you and keep going! Sounds like youre doing great!!