Husband Rant

Options
12346»

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My husband is also guilty of telling me "the right way" to do everything. We have agreed to disagree on the topic of anything exercise related. However, I do wonder why it seems that most men are "programmed" to think that they are the best at anything physical. I know that it is sexist to say that, but it repeats itself over and over with unsolicited unwanted advice at the gym too. I just don't get it! Why do they think that they are so great? I see men doing horribly dangerous stupid stuff at the gym all the time and I manage to keep my opinions to myself. I guess I just wished that men, including my husband, would do the same.
  • lmaschreck
    Options
    Omg this is perfect...I worked out in front of him once. I was told great job Hon...then he broke out the ice cream and asked if I wanted any. Really!!!!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    lmaschreck wrote: »
    Omg this is perfect...I worked out in front of him once. I was told great job Hon...then he broke out the ice cream and asked if I wanted any. Really!!!!

What's wrong with icecream? :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Oh, the battle of the sexes. This one in the picture with me can't wait to practice more and more judo with me. Which would be awesome, except everytime I do judo after a couple of weeks I get a bad injury that makes me not able to exercise (or sometimes even walk) normally, which for all it's good intentions slows my progress down more than if I would've just done a lower impact activity in the first place.

Bless their hearts.

Oh yeah, judo does burn more calories, except during the 6 weeks stretches you're spending sitting it out because you're recovering from injury.

We shared rants, Cheers!

Got to love those men! <3
  • lmaschreck
    Options
    Love ice cream, just not after a workout :D
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    lmaschreck wrote: »

What's wrong with icecream? :)

Nothing, love ice cream....just not after a workout
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I think divorce or kicking him in the nuts is a little extreme. Maybe next time just tell him to deal with the boiling pasta water and/or the 3 yr old. At 61 I have come to the conclusion that men are pretty dense at times.

It's sarcasm. Threads like this always end up with "Divorce him!".
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Oh or workout naked. Maybe I'll just start running on the treadmill a la birthday suite. It will either be awesome or traumatic... Either way I bet he's be speechless. Lol

Lol. But chafing...ouch!

• lmaschreck
    Options

We are not smart and never claimed to be.

Ok, that made me giggle!
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No worries, just keep doing what you are doing and he will notice your results soon enough. Just focus on making yourself proud
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Oh or workout naked. Maybe I'll just start running on the treadmill a la birthday suite. It will either be awesome or traumatic... Either way I bet he's be speechless. Lol

Lol. But chafing...ouch!

Baby oil!!!
  • iamfat1967
    iamfat1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    More like jealous and worried deep down because you are kicking BUTT and he just wanted to put in a little jab to make himself feel better about himself. You'll show him and already are!!!!!!!