Skinny chocolate

Options
luvsubrooke
luvsubrooke Posts: 85 Member
has anyone ever tried this? It is ahh-mazing! You melt coconut oil, cocoa powder, and honey into a pot and then pour it into a tart pan. Refridgerate for one hour and they are ready to go. I've been replacing all sweets with one of these if I have a craving and I'm losing weight like crazy. Worth a try for yall! ;)

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That sounds tasty. What about it makes it skinny though? It seems like the ingredients would make it about the same calorie wise as traditional chocolate.
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    Coconut oil is a healthy fat, which naturally boosts the metabolism. My thyroid doctor told me to up my coconut oil intake for weightloss and I though he was absolutely insane! Since doing so, my skin is healthy, my hair is healthy, and I've lost 41lbs all together. :) I use organic unrefined honey which acts as a detox to the body, along with the cocoa powder. Just because something is high in calories does not mean it's bad for you. Healthy fats are extremely beneficial to the body and help with maintaining a healthy weight!
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    Mmm! That's sounds delicious!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How much of each thing do you use.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is a healthy fat, which naturally boosts the metabolism. My thyroid doctor told me to up my coconut oil intake for weightloss and I though he was absolutely insane! Since doing so, my skin is healthy, my hair is healthy, and I've lost 41lbs all together. :) I use organic unrefined honey which acts as a detox to the body, along with the cocoa powder. Just because something is high in calories does not mean it's bad for you. Healthy fats are extremely beneficial to the body and help with maintaining a healthy weight!

While coconut oil is considered a "healthy fat", it is also really high in saturated fats, which is not so healthy. Remember the rule of thumb is fats that are liquid at room temp are better than fats that are firmer at room temp. I don't see anything terribly wrong with the ingredients you listed, but I wouldn't go crazy on it, because it's not the types of foods you eat that matter as matter as the amounts. All foods are healthy in the right amounts.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?

No your not, it's just being touted as the new wonderfood. Same as honey, no matter what type, doesn't detox anything your liver and kidneys aren't already taking care of.
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    We are a 100% organic eating family, so I fully believe that what you put into your body is super important. Through extensive studying and research, I've found that personally for my own body, there are certain foods that up my metabolism. Take chickens for example-on a cold day you can give them cayenne pepper to make them lay more eggs. It heats the core temperature of their bodies. It'll do the same for humans. Rather than taking thermogenics, I make a drink every morning with acv, water, pure honey, and cayenne better. That'll give me energy, detox, and make me sweat like crazy! Do your research. There are foods that will detox your system. Lemon, limes, apple cider vinegar, ginger: they all pull out toxins. These are just things that have worked for me guys. I've lost 41lbs by doing what works best for MY body. Not every body will react the same. ;)
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    And all foods definitely are not healthy. All foods that you can grow in a garden and raise on your own, now that's healthy!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's weird, y'know. Ten or fifteen years ago when I was researching the best oils to give to the dogs, I read some bad things about coconut and palm oils. Then I began to see products with "No Tropical Oils" clearly stated on the front labels. I guess plam oil is still frowned upon, but I see coconut oil touted all the time now. I won't bite. Olive oil, canola, peanut and corn oil are my staples. And butter. A wee bit of butter goes such a long way these days!
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    Definitely! Like I said we are super into natural healing and foods. My mom is an herbalist so we are always getting great advice. Coconut oil has so many pros. Great immune support. I give it to my 14 month old every day and he's super healthy, knock on wood ;) I use it in my hair and on my skin as well and my skin is near perfect. Worth a try!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    isn't a good dark chocolate 75-85% Lindt healthy and taste better?
  • luvsubrooke
    Options
    Yes, I eat the 90%. It's pretty bitter though. I just really like cooking so I tried something new. ;)
    jpaulie wrote: »
    isn't a good dark chocolate 75-85% Lindt healthy and taste better?

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I am just eating 75 Ecuador as part of my diet, it does have 7g of sat fat but if you can fit it in it is a lot easier and is not bitter
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but you lost weight because of a calorie deficit not some magical coconut oil property ….

also you do not need to use honey to "detox" your body naturally does that. I hope that your DR did not recommend that one….

• ndj1979
    Options
    And all foods definitely are not healthy. All foods that you can grow in a garden and raise on your own, now that's healthy!

the pseudo science is strong in this thread…

there is no such thing as bad food…hit your calorie/micro/macro targets for the day and you can fill in the rest if your day with foods that you enjoy like pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc…

so all food not grown in a garden is "bad"…really? Do you have your own bees that you get that organic honey from, or do you buy it from someone that just slaps an organic label on it and marks the price up 50%, because organic?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    We are a 100% organic eating family, so I fully believe that what you put into your body is super important. Through extensive studying and research, I've found that personally for my own body, there are certain foods that up my metabolism. Take chickens for example-on a cold day you can give them cayenne pepper to make them lay more eggs. It heats the core temperature of their bodies. It'll do the same for humans. Rather than taking thermogenics, I make a drink every morning with acv, water, pure honey, and cayenne better. That'll give me energy, detox, and make me sweat like crazy! Do your research. There are foods that will detox your system. Lemon, limes, apple cider vinegar, ginger: they all pull out toxins. These are just things that have worked for me guys. I've lost 41lbs by doing what works best for MY body. Not every body will react the same. ;)

LOL wow….thats all I got ...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Your body naturally detoxes for you, you lost weight because you were in a deficit.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    What the actual.....?

No, OP. Just no. Stahp.