Skinny chocolate

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    We are a 100% organic eating family, so I fully believe that what you put into your body is super important. Through extensive studying and research, I've found that personally for my own body, there are certain foods that up my metabolism. Take chickens for example-on a cold day you can give them cayenne pepper to make them lay more eggs. It heats the core temperature of their bodies. It'll do the same for humans. Rather than taking thermogenics, I make a drink every morning with acv, water, pure honey, and cayenne better. That'll give me energy, detox, and make me sweat like crazy! Do your research. There are foods that will detox your system. Lemon, limes, apple cider vinegar, ginger: they all pull out toxins. These are just things that have worked for me guys. I've lost 41lbs by doing what works best for MY body. Not every body will react the same. ;)

mtlnSd4.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    We are a 100% organic eating family, so I fully believe that what you put into your body is super important. Through extensive studying and research, I've found that personally for my own body, there are certain foods that up my metabolism. Take chickens for example-on a cold day you can give them cayenne pepper to make them lay more eggs. It heats the core temperature of their bodies. It'll do the same for humans. Rather than taking thermogenics, I make a drink every morning with acv, water, pure honey, and cayenne better. That'll give me energy, detox, and make me sweat like crazy! Do your research. There are foods that will detox your system. Lemon, limes, apple cider vinegar, ginger: they all pull out toxins. These are just things that have worked for me guys. I've lost 41lbs by doing what works best for MY body. Not every body will react the same. ;)

LOL wow….thats all I got ...

I know!!! LOL
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?

No your not, it's just being touted as the new wonderfood. Same as honey, no matter what type, doesn't detox anything your liver and kidneys aren't already taking care of.

^^^This. I love honey and I use coconut oil but I don't believe they have any special properties for internal health. HOWEVER, I love putting coconut oil on my skin. Works well to fade scars (for me anyway...I saw a noticeable difference as I have many scars on my arms) and keeps my skin clear and soft. I've recommended it to friends for skin care myself.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I prefer unicorn dust in in my oatmeal to organic honey
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    All joking aside, coconut oil will not "boost your metabolism." It is a fat just like any other, and has calories just like any other. No added benefits, really, unless you like the taste. CICO is all that matters for weight loss.

Also there is no concoction on this earth that will detox your body (aside from activated charcoal for things like, you know, actual poisoning). If your organs are working, then you're getting all the detox you need.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lnks9gkykk1qiw26m.gif
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is a healthy fat, which naturally boosts the metabolism. My thyroid doctor told me to up my coconut oil intake for weightloss and I though he was absolutely insane! Since doing so, my skin is healthy, my hair is healthy, and I've lost 41lbs all together. :) I use organic unrefined honey which acts as a detox to the body, along with the cocoa powder. Just because something is high in calories does not mean it's bad for you. Healthy fats are extremely beneficial to the body and help with maintaining a healthy weight!

Look into the metabolism of coconut oil. It doesn't boost metabolism and the MCT's burn like a carbohydrate
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?

No your not, it's just being touted as the new wonderfood. Same as honey, no matter what type, doesn't detox anything your liver and kidneys aren't already taking care of.

^^^This. I love honey and I use coconut oil but I don't believe they have any special properties for internal health. HOWEVER, I love putting coconut oil on my skin. Works well to fade scars (for me anyway...I saw a noticeable difference as I have many scars on my arms) and keeps my skin clear and soft. I've recommended it to friends for skin care myself.

Coconut oil has been a godsend for my psoriasis on my scalp. The medicinal treatments were brutal, but a good rubbing in of coconut oil followed by half an hour of hot towels and a wash clears the crud off brilliantly.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I made a really awesome sugar scrub with sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint oil. I put it in cute little jars and handed them out as Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. My hands feel so smooth after using it, and all my friends like it too. I gave my friends a miracle that day. The miracle of coconut oil.

Maybe the added sugar I put in it negated the miracle-ness.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I made a really awesome sugar scrub with sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint oil. I put it in cute little jars and handed them out as Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. My hands feel so smooth after using it, and all my friends like it too. I gave my friends a miracle that day. The miracle of coconut oil.

wait, so you made christmas gifts that had ADDEED sugar in them….begone from here satan!!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

wait, so you made christmas gifts that had ADDEED sugar in them….begone from here satan!!!

I feel bad for killing my friends. :cry:
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is a healthy fat, which naturally boosts the metabolism. My thyroid doctor told me to up my coconut oil intake for weightloss and I though he was absolutely insane! Since doing so, my skin is healthy, my hair is healthy, and I've lost 41lbs all together. :) I use organic unrefined honey which acts as a detox to the body, along with the cocoa powder. Just because something is high in calories does not mean it's bad for you. Healthy fats are extremely beneficial to the body and help with maintaining a healthy weight!

While coconut oil is considered a "healthy fat", it is also really high in saturated fats, which is not so healthy. Remember the rule of thumb is fats that are liquid at room temp are better than fats that are firmer at room temp. I don't see anything terribly wrong with the ingredients you listed, but I wouldn't go crazy on it, because it's not the types of foods you eat that matter as matter as the amounts. All foods are healthy in the right amounts.

What is the reason behind that rule of thumb? If food is in my belly, it's well above room temperature. It's brought up to my body temperature shortly after entering.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    r8KTUWM.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    congratulations OP you win MFP Broscience and Psuedoscience thread of the year" This is the first time that both awards have been awarded to the same person …
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skinny chocolate minus the honey. I used Truvia
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    r8KTUWM.gif

This thread has taught me that pseudoscience also applies to chickens.

I think it's pretty mean to not only feed cayenne to chickens, but to do it to make them lay more eggs. You already get one a day, leave the poor bloody chook alone.

Not to mention, I sure hope to hell that this doesn't work on humans, because with the amount of cayenne I eat, if I ever skip a pill, I'm going to end up with a litter.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    replace chocolate with pure fat and sugar. Sounds good.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    isn't a good dark chocolate 75-85% Lindt healthy and taste better?
    dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa is very healthy...it actually has a relatively small amount of sugar, and it has a good amount of fiber and a lot of antioxidants.

Honey, on the other hand, just adds a lot of sugar. I don't understand how this could be better.