Skinny chocolate

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    jpaulie wrote: »
    isn't a good dark chocolate 75-85% Lindt healthy and taste better?
    dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa is very healthy...it actually has a relatively small amount of sugar, and it has a good amount of fiber and a lot of antioxidants.

Honey, on the other hand, just adds a lot of sugar. I don't understand how this could be better.

because according to the OP organic honey has magical properties….
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?

No your not, it's just being touted as the new wonderfood. Same as honey, no matter what type, doesn't detox anything your liver and kidneys aren't already taking care of.

^^^This. I love honey and I use coconut oil but I don't believe they have any special properties for internal health. HOWEVER, I love putting coconut oil on my skin. Works well to fade scars (for me anyway...I saw a noticeable difference as I have many scars on my arms) and keeps my skin clear and soft. I've recommended it to friends for skin care myself.

I made a really awesome sugar scrub with sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint oil. I put it in cute little jars and handed them out as Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. My hands feel so smooth after using it, and all my friends like it too. I gave my friends a miracle that day. The miracle of coconut oil.

Maybe the added sugar I put in it negated the miracle-ness.

I enjoy a good sugar scrub. I got one on a cruise because my skin was doing crazy stuff from all the sun, and I wanted to eat some. I may have.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What's all this about coconut oil boosting metabolism? I've always been under the impression that the "metabolism boosting" promotion of foods is pure fantasy. Am I missing something?

No your not, it's just being touted as the new wonderfood. Same as honey, no matter what type, doesn't detox anything your liver and kidneys aren't already taking care of.

^^^This. I love honey and I use coconut oil but I don't believe they have any special properties for internal health. HOWEVER, I love putting coconut oil on my skin. Works well to fade scars (for me anyway...I saw a noticeable difference as I have many scars on my arms) and keeps my skin clear and soft. I've recommended it to friends for skin care myself.

I made a really awesome sugar scrub with sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint oil. I put it in cute little jars and handed them out as Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. My hands feel so smooth after using it, and all my friends like it too. I gave my friends a miracle that day. The miracle of coconut oil.

I enjoy a good sugar scrub. I got one on a cruise because my skin was doing crazy stuff from all the sun, and I wanted to eat some. I may have.

oh you are soooooo bad
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this recipe, actually. Basically, it's a lump of fat with cocoa and honey. Wouldn't that just coat your mouth? One of the reasons I hate cheap chocolate and stuff like copha is that I feel like I need to scrape down my mouth after eating it, the mouth-feel is foul. Wouldn't this be the same?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I love them, too!

And if you had eaten it, and it contained coconut oil, your metabolism would've been off the hook.

The added sugar would kill you, though.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I'm curious about this recipe, actually. Basically, it's a lump of fat with cocoa and honey. Wouldn't that just coat your mouth? One of the reasons I hate cheap chocolate and stuff like copha is that I feel like I need to scrape down my mouth after eating it, the mouth-feel is foul. Wouldn't this be the same?

It really just sounds like sad brownie batter with no flour.

Brownie sludge.
  • ndj1979
    Options

IDK …I just eat the real thing..

if OP ever comes back she might be able to answer...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

She's probably just busy flushing out all her toxinz.
  • ndj1979
    Options

last time I gave a lady a sugar scrub it was so bad, but so good….bahahahahahahaha
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Brownie sludge.

I wholly believe that brownie batter isn't brownie batter if it isn't at least 33% melted chocolate. :D

• Alatariel75
    Options

Oh, don't get me wrong, I buy my Lindt Madagascar in 2.5kg bags (seriously). I just thought that in addition to "but that's not chocolate" there was potentially total mouth-yuck happening.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Oh, don't get me wrong, I buy my Lindt Madagascar in 2.5kg bags (seriously). I just thought that in addition to "but that's not chocolate" there was potentially total mouth-yuck happening.

agree….
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Brownie sludge.

I wholly believe that brownie batter isn't brownie batter if it isn't at least 33% melted chocolate. :D

I tend to agree with this.
  • arditarose
    Options

last time I gave a lady a sugar scrub it was so bad, but so good….bahahahahahahaha

Dude. hahaha
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Brownie sludge.

NOPE, I need 50%!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Brownie sludge.

NOPE, I need 50%!

I need to dig out my recipe for heart attack brownies. Triple choc fudge brownies (with over a lb of chocolate in the batter) marbled with cheesecake batter and baked.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Brownie sludge.

NOPE, I need 50%!

I need to dig out my recipe for heart attack brownies. Triple choc fudge brownies (with over a lb of chocolate in the batter) marbled with cheesecake batter and baked.

such a tease!
  • arditarose
    Options

Brownie sludge.

NOPE, I need 50%!

WHAT?!?! nom.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I love coming into threads that end up with some kind of brownie recipe. That should be the end result of every thread, ever.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NOPE, I need 50%!

THATS, what I'm talking bout!