Options
    But are your pants on fire?
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    enemyger wrote: »
    This thread is months old

I just posted "liar" cause i never started 5x5sl

That's a shame. You progress pretty quickly, even while eating at a deficit. It's simple, it has a free app to track your lifts, and a timer for resting.

Compound lifts do a body good.
  • enemyger
    enemyger Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »

That's a shame. You progress pretty quickly, even while eating at a deficit. It's simple, it has a free app to track your lifts, and a timer for resting.

Hmm even at deficit?
    Sound good and I might really start this time, if not I'll expose myself of lying again ahahahaha
  • enemyger
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »

WDYM?
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options

WDYM?

The old rhyme, "Liar liar, pants on fire..." You never heard that?
  • enemyger
    Options

WDYM?

The old rhyme, "Liar liar, pants on fire..." You never heard that?

Not really ahaha maybe its because im
    From europe, and not english...
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »

Hmm even at deficit?
    Sound good and I might really start this time, if not I'll expose myself of lying again ahahahaha

Yeah.

I'm a 45 yr old woman, with a goal of around 1500 cal/day, who has been following SL since Feb. The newbie gains (new lifters can actually gain a little muscle) surprised me. The strength gains are even greater. I freaked out at the thought of squatting 45 lbs and struggled a bit at first . I got up to 150 for sets before vacations, illness and iffy motivation got in my way. Life happens, you know? You just keep going. I take a few days off now and again, I'll de-load occasionally, but I always want to keep doing it.

I love being strong and loathe the thought of losing it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    andwing7 wrote: »
    Planet Fitness has free classes....

Why are people hating on this post?

Does classes = how to lift weights classes or group exercise type classes?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    what the heck is going on in here?

OP, you are a 21 year old male. Get to a real gym and do strong lifts 5x5. You saw the youtube videos? You don't need machines, they have their place. Not for a healthy male just starting out.

I am at a real gym and I'm going to start 5x5...
    Liar

What prevented you from starting?
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling insecure about your body and won't be in a gym because of it, you can do bodyweight exercises at home. You'll basically need a sturdy table & chairs, a door/doorway. Check out "you are your own gym". It comes as a book or an app for your phone with videos to demonstrate the exercises.

I have seen some community members with very well built profile avatars who claim they do mostly calisthenics/body weight routines.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    andwing7 wrote: »
    Planet Fitness has free classes....

Why are people hating on this post?

Does classes = how to lift weights classes or group exercise type classes?

The two "classes" my husband and I took showed us how to use each of the machines in the areas we chose (30-minute circuit and ab circuit) and what seat/weight/etc. settings we should each use. It was useful information to have. There are no group classes. The majority of the place is cardio machines with a few weight machines and a few free weights. It's not a true gym, but for $10 it can't be beat. Our other options were gyms that started at $45/mo and went all the way up to $185/mo. Mostly I just wanted to be able to continue to walk even when it was cold/icy out (we're in Alaska) so it suits us just fine for now.
  • enemyger
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    what the heck is going on in here?

OP, you are a 21 year old male. Get to a real gym and do strong lifts 5x5. You saw the youtube videos? You don't need machines, they have their place. Not for a healthy male just starting out.

I am at a real gym and I'm going to start 5x5...
    Liar

What prevented you from starting?

No idea
  • enemyger
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »
    If you're feeling insecure about your body and won't be in a gym because of it, you can do bodyweight exercises at home. You'll basically need a sturdy table & chairs, a door/doorway. Check out "you are your own gym". It comes as a book or an app for your phone with videos to demonstrate the exercises.

I have seen some community members with very well built profile avatars who claim they do mostly calisthenics/body weight routines.

No idc I'm not insecure at all, everyone started from the bottom, but idk Since proteins and suplements are so expensive, I don't wanna do weights it feels useles plus with my kcal deficit..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »

No idc I'm not insecure at all, everyone started from the bottom, but idk Since proteins and suplements are so expensive, I don't wanna do weights it feels useles plus with my kcal deficit..

Not read thread (Edit: LOL I'm on Page 1 with the same advice of stronglifts)

This is wrong

You don't need supplements

Eggs are cheap, chicken is cheap, lentils are cheap etc

Stronglifts 5x5 is free
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You don't need any supplements to lift.
    You don't need masses of protein to lift.
    You don't need to be at maintenance or calorie surplus to lift.

Go to gym.
    Lift up heavy things.
    Put them down again.
    Next week try and lift a little heavier.

It doesn't need to be complicated. The only barrier is you.