Taking food to movie theatre

Options
13»

Replies

• FussBucket
    FussBucket Posts: 29
    Options
    I brought those little bottles of wine in my purse once.

Lol I've done that. :bigsmile:

Me three....
  • kiwanda88
    kiwanda88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Back in high school we sometimes took an entire family sized pizza into the movies...we'd order it, pack it into foil, and slip it into the pockets of our winter parkas. Haven't done that in ages but we still stop for candy before we go to the movies today.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! I guess I have this complex-I went to the "Cheap" theatre one time and they actually stood in front of the screen before the movie and scolded people for bringing their own food in saying that by selling the high priced snacks is how they can afford to have the ticket prices so cheap and then he proceeded to ask the lady in front of me to throw her apple in the garbage can he was carrying.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I had to switch purses to my big purse the last time I went to the theatres so I could fit in all my snacks and drinks.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Our local theater is a rip off when it comes to concessions...I went just last week and checked the prices - 4.50 for water, and 5.00 for small fountain drinks...

Needless to say, on movie nights I go to the dollar store (ours sells a bunch of boxed candies you'd find in the movie theater stand,) and buy a few boxes for my son. I also stuff my purse with a few bottles of water and a juice box or two (it's a really big purse lol.)

That said, I think a lot of people opt. to sneak stuff in because the prices are crazy. I recall in my younger years (before being a mom) I used to sneak in mixed drinks lol.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've taken stuff in with me, for a healthier option. Or, if I want candy, I'll bring it from home with the portion measured out in a ziploc. It's still candy, but it's way better than eating a whole box. You're a girl, put it in your purse and they won't know.

I do this! I love Snow Caps and find it easier to just measure out the portion and stick it in my purse. Now I am a sucker for movie popcorn. Luckily our newspaper has been running coupons for a free small popcorn with ticket purchase at the local theater. That cuts down on costs and I still get my popcorn!

If I'm doing a movie day then I know to eat so I can have the calories for my popcorn.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I go to the movies about twice a year. I bring a full Taco Bell meal. :D
  • Lila90
    Lila90 Posts: 27
    Options
    I always bring my own drinks & snacks when i go to the movies.

Who gon' check me boo? lol
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a purse that's only purpose in life is to smuggle food into the theatre. I only get consession if we happen to have a coupon of some sort, like if we bought a movie night out pack from Costco.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I dont usually eat at the theatre but on the rare occasion I want popcorn I have brought my own popcorn in a baggie hidden in my purse while my BF sticks the water bottles in his coat pockets.

They have balls charging $5.50 for a bottle of water and god only knows how many calories are in movie theater popcorn. Lots of sodium, too.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Taking your soda in doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you....but, I'm eating POPCORN! I just log it and deal with it!