Do you have a 'Reward' for when you're done?

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I reward myself along the way too. Clothes and new exercise equipment.
  • Lorkio
    Lorkio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A tattoo for me, as well! I'm getting a thigh piece I've wanted for over a year but was just insecure about. Its hard putting it off now, because I've lost 15 pounds (still got 15ish to go) and my legs look soooooo awesome, but I will wait until I reach my goal :)
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lorkio wrote: »
    A tattoo for me, as well! I'm getting a thigh piece I've wanted for over a year but was just insecure about. Its hard putting it off now, because I've lost 15 pounds (still got 15ish to go) and my legs look soooooo awesome, but I will wait until I reach my goal :)

That's great! Good job at being so close to your goal!
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    Options
    A bikini from Victoria's Secret! B)

I would love to have one of those too! I have a beach vacation that I'm hoping to have lost at least half the weight I need too by the time I go on it. Hopefully I will get to go bathing suit shopping.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    Options
    If I get to 110 by July 4th my boyfriend will buy me a car!

Your boyfriend sounds amazing! I so hope you do. 110 will feel doubly amazing cruising in a shiny new car.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    Options
    Flying lessons.

That sounds like a pretty amazing experience to me. Hopefully those flying lessons will be just around the corner.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    Options
    hfxnick wrote: »
    I have an unfinished 3/4 sleeve tattoo that I'm going to finish when I get to my goal weight. I also reward myself with cheat meals every Sunday.

Tattoos are so addicting and I think they make an awesome way to signify an accomplishment and to be a reminder.
  • Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is a long way off so I don't have any plans. However, I believe in rewarding my efforts along the way. Every month I have a "me" day. Usually a Saturday at the end of the month I'll do a home workout or a spin class, then go to my karate class. I come home, shower, and then go out for a pedicure. Then I'll go shopping or to a movie. Next MeDay I plan to do a marathon of something good out of my dvd collection and order Chinese food.
  • jodes023
    jodes023 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I reward myself along the way too. First I bought what I call my 'sexy pant'- skinny type pants that I never thought I could ever wear without looking like a snow cone. Then I bought some designer sun glasses. For my ultimate goal weight reward my partner's buying me an outfit and I'm buying pricey Hunter rainboots in a diva color! Yay!!
  • literique
    literique Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A new wardrobe & a motorcycle!!!! (Things I want NOW but I'm making contingent on weight loss)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My dh asked me what I wanted when I get to my goal. I said maybe a family portrait. I've avoided photos of me for a number of years and dd is a teenager now so in a few years we won't all be together like we are now.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A tight out-on-the-town dress. WITHOUT spanks!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    One of my goals was to be more active, and I hadn't had a vacation in forever, so my planned reward (which I just completed a week ago) was a biking vacation in Hawaii. I figured I wouldn't want to go to Hawaii until I wasn't embarrassed to be in a bathing suit and wouldn't want to go on a biking trip until I was in pretty good shape, so made it my 1 year goal. I'm technically 5 lbs from my 100-lbs-lost goal still, but close enough.

Getting new clothes along the way has been my other big thing. I've bought aspiration jeans (3 sizes down at a time in a brand I knew worked--I'm now in the lowest I aspired to but contemplating trying to go down one more size) and otherwise bought a few new things when I hit milestones. Kind of wasteful in that the understanding was that lots of that stuff wouldn't fit for long, but I didn't buy super expensive things.
  • Holygoddess
    Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My reward will be my health but I'm hoping fitting into my wedding dress.. if he asks.. will be an amazing reward as well.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My motivation is actually knowing I will never be 'done'

Sure I'm at or around the weight I originally aspired to .. but now I want to do pull-ups and I still have to beat my son at push-ups

The whole way along I've been dropping dress sizes and ebay shopping to keep up, I'm only now starting to buy brand new clothes that I love

My motivation is knowing I'm doing this for life .. that maintenance takes as much work, if not more, as dieting down
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided what the ultimate reward will be, however, once I have lost 50 pounds I will get my hair done!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've done rewards along the way, about every 15 pounds: nights at B&B's, massage, new hair style, etc., but I think my ultimate reward will be a great trip. Always have loved to travel, but so much more fun without the added weight!

56604121.png
  • ruthordare
    ruthordare Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I set up some mini-rewards for each 10 pounds I lose- a new CD, a new set of workout clothes (currently I wear old baggy t-shirts and such), etc. I can't decide what my goal-weight reward should be! I don't want to make it clothing because, as others have said, that will be a necessity when I've lost 50 pounds. I know I will need (and want!) new clothes, but I am on a budget and can't just splurge all at once even if it is necessary. So I decided I am saving all the gift cards I receive until then to put towards my new goal-weight wardrobe. I started my healthy lifestyle journey right after Christmas and my birthday was in February so I've already got a few to put towards the cause. I'm hoping to achieve my 50 pound goal by the end of this year so I may have some more gift cards by then! And I'll be looking for inspiration for what the actual reward will be (although I know my new body and accomplishing my goal will be quite satisfying themselves)!
  • scar47
    scar47 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A very large chocolate milk shake with whip cream and a cherry on top. I'm serious. I miss my chocolate.
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Do not judge me, please, but after a week at my goal weight I am going into a McDonald's and having a damn Big Mac! I gave up this disgusting place years ago, but damn I dream about Big Macs once in a while. I really think I"d like one more for the road when I am at my goal weight! :) I reward myself in many other ways each week, so my BIG, final reward is kind of NOT a big deal.