Do you have a 'Reward' for when you're done?

Options

Replies

• SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm with arditarose - I reward myself as frequently as I feel like and if it's with food then it's part of my weekly intake. As far as buying new clothes I have to do that every 10lbs anyway! :D
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have rewards set up for every 25 pounds that I lose, heart rate monitor, t-shirts, clothes for major events like my b-day or college homecoming. My big reward is a stripper pole for when I hit my 100 pound goal (hopefully in the fall). If you want to reward yourself with a new wardrobe then I say have at it. That's not something the I've considered only because I buy clothes as needed, luckily my friends and family also help when they get tired of seeing me walk around like a hobo with baggy pants. Lol!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I would like one really nice outfit. BUT,..I'm incredibly picky. So I don't know if I'll be able to find anything special enough for the occasion. That's usually what happens. I want something specific and can't find it.. so I get nothing.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I will never be done, so I reward myself periodically. This year I got a used treadmill. My reward for using it every morning before work, instead of hanging clothes on it, will be a fancier, brand NEW treadmill next year.
  • attemptingfierce
    attemptingfierce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mini rewards for each like 10lbs or so. Getting my eyebrows done (silly but they need to be like professionally done.) Buying myself a new glass water bottle I've wanted for a while. Buying a ring I want. Etc.

However once I get to my goal I'm going to get my hair done. I want it pixie cut and dyed blonde. So we'll see.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My "reward" is a healthier and sleeker me - for LIFE! Losing weight is only phase 1 - phase 2 is lifetime weight maintenance. But yes ... I think the idea of a tattoo is pretty groovy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    A hot bod.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sound pious but I never thought about an end. I just want to be fit again really bad. My goal is to fit in my dress blues again so my wife seeing me in those will be my reward.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've had multiple abdominal surgeries which have completely destroyed my abdominal muscles and I've lost about 130 pounds so I plan on getting a tummy tuck and boobie lift.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    1. I'm never "done". I'm always going to be maintaining, or setting new fitness goals for myself. This is lifelong for me -- it's not about an end date. Thinking you're done is the quickest route to regaining, IMHO.

2. My reward is getting to hopefully lead a longer and healthier life.

Having said that, I will buy some clothes, not as a reward, but because my old ones don't fit anymore and I need to wear stuff.
  • kiwiOT
    kiwiOT Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Umm warm fuzzies? lol
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    God, I don't know. I should set up some kind of reward system because that's always been a great motivator for me, but right now and even reading all these great ideas...I'm scratching my head! Haha. Great thread idea!
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've got something planned out for each 10 pound increments I lose. The first is a nice haircut and color! I'm two pounds away! The next will probably be a nice new bra because I'm sure I'll need it anyways! I agree is makes it fun! Losing the weight and being healthier in itself is so rewarding, but the extras turn it into kind of a game for me. It helps motivate me on the days I look in the mirror and hate what I see.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    an alice in wonderland tattoo
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    A superhero costume. Done and done:

gm6f6mn64bdc.jpg
  • Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    literique wrote: »
    A new wardrobe & a motorcycle!!!! (Things I want NOW but I'm making contingent on weight loss)

If you are out on that motorcycle, you won't be eating! Get it now! ;-)
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    definitely a new wardrobe will be in order but I think I will also need skin removal surgery when I finally get to my goal so I need to save money for that I don't think my insurance will cover it.
  • Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YanskaNY wrote: »
    Do not judge me, please, but after a week at my goal weight I am going into a McDonald's and having a damn Big Mac!

No judgment here. I'm a Filot o Fish fan myself.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Aside from a wardrobe that will contain at least one 1950s style dress (that I just don't feel I can pull off right now), I'm chopping off my hair into a super cute pixie cut and getting contacts :) I guess I'll see if all of those "you have such a pretty face" comments are right, lol.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I lose 100lbs, I'm 23lbs from that goal. I'm going for a Hot Air Balloon ride. So far I've only bought one pair of jeans. But with the 23lbs lost I think I'll have to purchase some new clothes. My 25th wedding anniversary is in September and my goal is to be at 155. I would love to go white water rafting down the Grand Canyon, but my husband doesn't do water very well. So, I'm still trying to decide. I'll have one final goal of 130 - 115 not sure it's been too long since I've been there. I'd love to take a trip across USA in an RV to see the USA.