Replies

• chasingyouu
    chasingyouu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Any melon besides watermelon
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a food or foods they truly can't stomach?

For me it's artichokes (almost made me throw up), coleslaw and ketchup.

Ummmm, nice pic......
  • misheri90
    misheri90 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    custard and avocado
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yogurt!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Fat. If any meat that I eat has even a speck of fat on it, I start to gag. I have to be sure to cut off any and all fat before cooking/serving, so that won't happen. I even eat the vegetarian version of baked beans because I gag from that lump of fat that they put in the can of the regular ones.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Liver :s
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eggs (used to love them, can't even think about them any more)
    Baked beans
    Melon
    Licorice
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Yogurt also...but only if I have to much! Sometimes I'll take 1/2 cup of it and can't finish it without gagging. I think it's the texture...
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Haven't eaten anything that has made me gag before... Well outside of the bedroom of course :#
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Custard/Pudding...absolutely hate the texture
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This one time when I was about 7 I was at the store with my mom? I wanted this big bag of Cheetos Puffs and she said no. I later "separated" myself from her and went back to that aisle and started scarfing the Cheetos.

All the sudden I had to puke but she'd found me and was chewing me out, I was trying to hold it back but ended up running down the aisle throwing up.

To this day the thought of Cheetos makes me sick.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Mangoes and angel food cake are the only 2 I have come across that will physically make me ill. I hate quite a few but only those kick in the old gag reflex.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash
    Animal organs
    Goat/Lamb
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bananas, oatmeal (cream of wheat is fine, though, which doesn't make sense), black licorice.
  • BlxckSwan
    BlxckSwan Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Anything flavored with dill or tropical punch.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Tuna melt
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    oatmeal (cream of wheat is fine, though, which doesn't make sense)

...oh, but it just might... ;)

Oatmeal often has a texture akin to paper pulp or effluvial 'sluice' (and with varying degrees of 'gloopiness'), and can seem to be the epitome of 'slop', texture- and appearance-wise, which could understandably be found unappealing... while Cream of Wheat has a texture akin to finely ground cornmeal (it actually reminds me of 'bleached cornmeal', in appearance)... and lastly, the overall texture of Cream of Wheat would seem to be more 'uniform', and its consistency that of something that is definitely less reminiscent of 'sludge'... ;)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I have to add another. Anything salted caramel. WTF is that about? ??

I've tried it a few times in different ways and it's disgusting.

Why would anyone take beautiful, luscious, creamy caramel and freaking salt it? It turns it bitter and weird. Blech. I'm not alone in this either. I know a lot of people that hate it.

It's harder to find a real caramel recipe now since this fad went nuts. I think people eat it because it's the current "in" thing and a higher quality salt being flaked on top of something can be pretty.....but seriously people...taste! So gross

agree.gif
  • godswill206
    Options
    Boiled egg yolk
    Liver
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I could eat mayonnaise on bread or french fries forever....so sad that everyone seems to hate it :confounded: