Food(s) that make you gag.

Options

Replies

• cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Organ meats, seafood, brussel sprouts, broccoli...

All things I REALLY WISH I liked, but nnnnoope. Gagville every time I try them.
    (A friend of mine tried his damndest to make brussel sprouts I would eat and if he couldn't do it, it's just not possible)
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. They look so pretty and delicious, but I can't freaking stand them.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a food or foods they truly can't stomach?

For me it's artichokes (almost made me throw up), coleslaw and ketchup.

Only one: cooked carrots. BLECH
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Isn't kind of backwards that this thread is making me somewhat hungry? Lol

-canned roasted red peppers (we use them in a lot of things at work and a lot of people like them but they're so slimy, they remind me of snot)

-anything cherry flavored (brings back horrible memories of being force fed robitussum as a kid)

-whiskey (the smell is so strong I just can't)
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Salad dressing of any kind. :::hork:::

Anything fermented. :s
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
    avocado
    celery
    olives
    aubergines
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    kimchi
    beets
    black licorice
    pigs feet
    tripe

Oh yeah kimchi .... I love spicy food and thought oh here's an option for something different.....nope nope nope. Dinner was thrown out that night. I couldn't even swallow one bite I was gagging so bad.

I've never had pigs feet or tripe. Can't get past how either looks to even attempt a bite.
  • DucklingPrincess
    DucklingPrincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bananas, cucumbers, and chicken wings. Even just the smell of the wings is enough to make me want to go somewhere else.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Cod liver oil
    Cooked carrots
    Water chestnuts
    Fatty Prosciutto
    Any canned soup (disgusting sodium-laden garbage
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Shrimp. Rest of the family loves it. Every time my husband orders it a different way in a restaurant he'd keep saying, "try it this way, you'll like it this time." No, I don't. Looks like a bug, feels like I'm chewing on a lump of fat cut off a pork chop, tastes like death. Stop asking.

Oh yeah me too. Don't like shrimp.

I had the same experience with sushi. People at work kept insisting that I try these different kinds. I'm like "um no I don't like sushi, leave me alone!!"
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Anything with too much ginger tastes like pledge cleaner.
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Kale (especially that's kale chips from TJ), whole chickpeas
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much everything, as long as it is cooked by someone who knows what they are doing. I am very concerned with texture and my taste buds are better than most's. I cannot stand most tinned meals, though. They have a very distinct taste. Also, MSG makes me itch like crazy all over - I literally turn into an insane person the next twenty-four hours - but I suppose allergies do not quite count.
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have read through most of these and like almost everything everyone says they hate haha. The only thing I can say I can't stand is grape things. Not real grape the fake stuff like sodas, popsicles, lollipops. It all taste like medicine to me yuck
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    There are some foods that I don't like, but they don't make me want to gag; however, the mere smell of tea makes me want to barf every time. My mouth is watering now (not in a good way) just thinking about that smell. I have no idea how it taste because it'll never make it to my lips. Ugh!!!
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Any kind of offal, green chillis, cauliflower and any fat on meat that isn't crispy.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb. OMG. Like, who thought "Imma take this piece of red celery and cook it with sugar 'til it's mushy. That sounds delicious!" :s

My Dad used to make a strawberry rhubarb pie that everyone else in the family loved. The memory makes me shudder a little.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    How about..fat. Just plain and simple fat. My uncle used to eat it...gross.

My grandad used to eat beef fat on bread. He called it dripping because its what comes off when you're cooking it. Bleugh.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'll eat everything but...
    Coconut
    Caper berries
    Avocado
    Marmite (Yeast spread or Vegemite to non-UK people)
    Peanut butter

Fortunately they are not too common so I can live my life quite happily except when my darling children want me to make Marmite on toast or cheese and Marmite sandwiches. Yuk!

• ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tuna melts are an abomination. Warm fish, mayo, and cheese... so nasty.

And fruit punch literally makes me sick.