Food(s) that make you gag.

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Calves' liver. Just can't do it. Grandma tried to make me eat some as a kid. I threw up the one bite she convinced me to take.

Other livers and offal I like, or at least simply severely dislike (hello, kidney) rather than having instant nausea.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Shrimp. Rest of the family loves it. Every time my husband orders it a different way in a restaurant he'd keep saying, "try it this way, you'll like it this time." No, I don't. Looks like a bug, feels like I'm chewing on a lump of fat cut off a pork chop, tastes like death. Stop asking.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    This thread makes me so glad I am not at all picky. I eat everything.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Any seafood other than tinned tuna. So wish I did but the smell and taste makes me feel sick. I can't tell you how many chickens I get though on a holiday when my partner eats nothing but fish.

We are like opposites. I love pretty much ALL fish other than canned tuna.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Mayo and seafood for sure.
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Also, your foot, OP

;)

^that and beets - they taste like dirt. Brussel sprouts and ham with gristle in it
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    glevinso wrote: »
    This thread makes me so glad I am not at all picky. I eat everything.
    That's me, too....

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    sauteed button mushrooms. It's just a weird texture thing.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Ranch - that fat slime that coats your mouth ick, oreos - it aint cream in the middle its a slice of sweetened vegetable shortening...so foul, sugar free jello - it's not good at all and the aftertaste yuck
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Celery, pineapple and mayo!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Sweet potatoes. Oh my god, horrible.

I don't like canned sweet potatoes AT ALL (in fact am not a fan of most canned veggies except corn and tomatoes...) but fresh baked yams/sweet potatoes...mmm.mmmm.

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Sweet potatoes.

I had never had a whole one before and the Christmas before last a friend brought me one to work. I didn't realize it was rotten and ate it. I got so sick the next day that I had to call into work for the first time in four years. From that day forward I can never even imagin one without wanting to puke.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Shrimp. Rest of the family loves it. Every time my husband orders it a different way in a restaurant he'd keep saying, "try it this way, you'll like it this time." No, I don't. Looks like a bug, feels like I'm chewing on a lump of fat cut off a pork chop, tastes like death. Stop asking.

This made me laugh out loud!!

There isn't much I don't eat. I don't particularly like raw onions, but I'll eat them if I have to. I'm not a very picky eater, but my husband and son are. They won't eat anything!! So hard to cook when I want to try all kinds of new things, and they just want the same old boring stuff all the time...Sigh!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Every second time I pull up this thread there's a light mayo ad on the sidebar. Because mayo seems to show up on so many "nope" lists this makes me giggle.

In general I am not a fan of mayo, but I do like a little bit of it on a tomato sandwich or on a BLT, but only a very little bit. I also like it for potato salad or cole slaw, but that's it.

When I see people slather it on or the glob that's plopped on a Whopper if they forget that I asked for it WITHOUT MAYO...I want to barf.

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Arctic Zero
    Cauliflower
    Liver

For all of you who don't like seafood or sushi please send it all to me
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Cabbage, in any form.
    Mayonnaise
    So by default Cole Slaw
    Brussels sprouts
    Asparagus (I only have to smell it cooking to gag)
    Eggplant
    Large chunks of onion (small and diced is OK)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Every second time I pull up this thread there's a light mayo ad on the sidebar. Because mayo seems to show up on so many "nope" lists this makes me giggle.

In general I am not a fan of mayo, but I do like a little bit of it on a tomato sandwich or on a BLT, but only a very little bit. I also like it for potato salad or cole slaw, but that's it.

When I see people slather it on or the glob that's plopped on a Whopper if they forget that I asked for it WITHOUT MAYO...I want to barf.

Hahaha. My sister used to get a big glob on a knife and then lick it. So nasty.

I also don't like *any* salad dressings, except for the vinaigrette at Texas Roadhouse.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Sweet potatoes.

I had never had a whole one before and the Christmas before last a friend brought me one to work. I didn't realize it was rotten and ate it. I got so sick the next day that I had to call into work for the first time in four years. From that day forward I can never even imagin one without wanting to puke.

Yeah, those associations can be hard to get over. The only time I ever vomited in school (which of course was humiliating) was when I was 7 after eating some peach cobbler (or "peach cobbler") at lunch, and I was unable to eat anything peach (including peaches) until my 20s. Very happy I got over it eventually, as peaches are now one of my favorite fruits (and I can make a pretty good peach cobbler).
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    over cooked spinach makes me want to puke. It is so mushy and it actually tastes like dirt. I know that cooking it makes it better (because the nutrients are more digestible) but it really is a fine line between slightly cooked and like eating wet grass.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Mushrooms (this makes me sad)
    Green Olives
    Liver/Brain (other organ meats are fine)