Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• LIFESDP
    LIFESDP Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe it's their own guilt playing with them. However, I would like to get new ideas of things to eat in order to satisfy my taste buds and stay on point. It's unfortunate that we're all on here for a reason but not everyone want's to share.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Because the diary police are lurking everywhere... and pounce when least expected to hurt feelings and make people feel even worse than they already did...

My thoughts exactly, open to friends only
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    What I have found is, if I ask a general question like "How do I improve my glutes, as I am having trouble getting them to tighten up?" I get answers like: "I peeked at your diary for today and I see you ate too much sugar. You really should cut down on your sugar intake and focus on eating more fruits and veggies."

1. That wasn't the advice I was looking for and 2. If you look at my diary over the course of several months, you will see I eat relatively healthy MOST of the time.

I think some people are a bit too food police for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of McDonald's and Wendy's, bacon and melted cheese so that's why I hide mine. True story. How I eat is working for me, I don't need the diary police to critique my choices.

Well you're killing yourself lady. Wendy's is basically rat posion and bacon is Satan. And something about sodium.

...i kid. If i dont get at least one Son of Baconator a week i get down right unpleasant.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?

What is the frickin animosity about? This is a forum, I posted a question, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I ASKED DO NOT RESPOND...Furthermore, Why do you care? is not an answer. Please start your own forum and ask that question...

This is a forum, and you posted a question, IF YOU DONT (sic) LIKE THE ANSWERS DON'T READ THEM...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?

What is the frickin animosity about? This is a forum, I posted a question, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I ASKED DO NOT RESPOND...Furthermore, Why do you care? is not an answer. Please start your own forum and ask that question...
    [/quote]

My, my we're touchy.....

I asked a simple question, which you didn't answer.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Cos it's none of your beeswax? Why do you care what peeps is eating, unless they specifically ask "what's wrong with my diet?"

^^ same here
  • Vness813
    Vness813 Posts: 24
    Options
    Because I have secrets . . . secrets so horrible that you would lie frightened on the floor of your closet at night if you were ever to learn of them. So really, I do it for your safety.

Bahahaha!! LOVE THIS!

I have my viewable by my friends in case I need advise - but other than that....it's private. I really don't want to publicize my weight at this point in the game. Just personal
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Because I don't desire Amazon or Google ads based on what I've eaten over the past 48 hours...
  • NikiandZak
    NikiandZak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because its personal. I leave it open to so only my trainer can see. Its nobody else's business.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a personal thing, I don't feel the need to tell the world what I am eating. Maybe also because I'm not looking to anybody accept myself to keep me accountable, at least at the moment.

I understand that if I were to be asking dietary questions, than it would be more appropriate for me to have that information available for people to see.

:)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to private because I don't log anything or count calories.

Then why are you on this site if you aren't here to log anything or count calories?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I hide mine becuase A) it's personal, B) I'm still battling some food issues (such as over indulging way too often) and C) I don't want any judgement.

My diary isn't inspiring, it's a train wreck and I don't need judgy mcjudgersons picking it a part. One day I will open it up to my friends... but right now, while I'm trying to fix my food downfalls, not so much.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of McDonald's and Wendy's, bacon and melted cheese so that's why I hide mine. True story. How I eat is working for me, I don't need the diary police to critique my choices.

Well you're killing yourself lady. Wendy's is basically rat posion and bacon is Satan. And something about sodium.

...i kid. If i dont get at least one Son of Baconator a week i get down right unpleasant.

When I read the "you're killing yourself" part I thought THAT is why I hide my diary... classic example hehehehe. You had me going :p
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Mine is opened to friends, though I have my settings set so it doesn't post to my wall when I click "Complete this entry" Mostly cause I click that button a dozen times a day but also because I don't need to be told "good logging" by a dozen or more people every time I finish eating. If they want to creep my diary they can go to my page and put some effort into creeping :smile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Then why are you on this site if you aren't here to log anything or count calories?

People come here for a variety of reasons... perhaps they did track their calories at one time and just don't now... perhaps they eat the same thing day in and day out and know how many calories it contains... perhaps they are just tracking the exercise... or perhaps, they just like/want/need the social aspect of this site. This site is different things for different people.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

because the message boards are interesting, maybe?
    good message boards are hard to find.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Its really stupid.

Why are people like that on this site and accepting friends?

Diaries are an inspiration lol
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Because if you aren't on my friends list, why are you checking my diary? Mine is open if you are a friend, otherwise, it's closed.

THIS ^^^^^^^^
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    I use a variety of resources. I have a google doc that I created where I log my food diary, water intake, caloric count, etc. I use mapmyrun to track my workouts. And I use MFP to track weight loss and read the threads. It's not a hiding thing for me, I just use the tools that work for me. If anyone wants to know what I am eating, or what my workout routine looks like, I can give them access to my google doc or MMR account.