Worst habit of a significant other (past or current)

Options
123457»

Replies

• PiAreSquared
    Options
    Throat clearing guy might have Tourette's. It's not always as severe as the Tourette's you may know about. It may seem to be voluntary, but it's not. Like breathing...you can stop breathing for a little while but eventually you're going to have to do it again.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My ex chewed his fingernails quite a bit. Pretty disgusting habit. That's something a small child would do, not a person that's in their mid-20's. He would chew it and sometimes would chew the skin off of the fingernails.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Sleeping with the office secretary after 15 years of marriage.

Yeah. I'm single now.
  • maria82m
    maria82m Posts: 99
    Options
    Unemployed cheater!!!

Super single now :-)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My husband is constantly fixing things that should be thrown away, and when he finally decides we should get a new one (as in appliances), he keeps the old one because he may need its parts some day. He kept fixing my 1995 Buick long after I decided I needed a new one. In my head, I kept screaming, "stop fixing it." He's a great guy, but that habit is kind of annoying.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    She wakes up
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't know why but my husband has to pick his nose every second!? And he doesn't wash his hands often so I always have to tell him to do so. And, on his days off, he thinks it's okay to throw used tissue paper and trash all over the place knowing that I will have to clean it. Urgh! It's like looking after a big baby.

Oh, and I have to do laundry every week and it's only the two of us. But somehow I always have to do 3 loads of laundry and last week he managed to use up 5 towels.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    He is CONSTANTLY clearing his throat...or lightly coughing to clear his throat--I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of to discreetly help him...throat lozenges... :( poor guy...it must suck to constantly feel as if you need to clear your throat :(

Not to be alarmist but my FIL used to do that ALL. THE. TIME turns out he had a growth in his neck which exploded and nearly killed him. Seriously intensive care and the whole nine yards. My DP is starting to do the same thing, he already knows he has a similar growth and will have it taken out when it becomes a problem but as the surgery is incredibly risky they prefer to put it off for as long as possible. But at least his is being monitored.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My-ex would get onto me for not hanging the clothes in the closet in rainbow color order. Also would take her razor sharp fingernails and pick at any and ALL minor skin imperfections she felt on my.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I have to do laundry every week and it's only the two of us. But somehow I always have to do 3 loads of laundry and last week he managed to use up 5 towels.

I had the same problem and resolved it by only doing my own laundry. Oddly, the work load was cut down to one load. She was pretty mad when she realized she was out of clean underwear and scrubs on Monday. Sorry!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Luckily I am very picky in terms of who I date, so I don't tend to end up with a**holes or someone with absolutely gross habits.

My ex however did only own one pair of jeans, that he wore all week. Then when it was in the wash (i.e. when I told him to put it in the wash), he would just walk around the flat in his boxers and a t-shirt until it was ready to wear again. He could easily afford new jeans, he just couldn't be bothered to go buy one.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My ex worst habit was staying up all night searching for other men on craigslist.

He would wipe the back of his ear and then smell it. I would gag. At the time I didn't think that was worthy enough to divorce him over. Finding out about him wanting to hump other men was.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ex #1 would play with his junk whenever he was on the phone... no matter who he was talking too... Just always playing with the stupid thing..... Business calls, family calls, friends... I guess it was the equivalent of picking his nose while driving (which he also did.... ) :sick:

Ex #2 would pick his nasty toenails while watching TV... pick pick pick pick.... yes, and then be trying to touch me - uhm, go wash your hands nasty!!! He also liked to eat a big bowl of ice cream in bed and would scrape scrape scrape that bowl with the spoon to get every drop... :grumble:

Of course there were also the lesser issues that came up of cross-dressing (#1) and infidelity (#1 and #2).....

Thank God I can now just fart alone in my bed in peace and quiet LOL!!!!!