Different kinds of tea...

Options
MaitreyeeMAYHEM
MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

Replies

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I love Earl gray, Lady gray, English Breakfast, Prince Charles tea, Jasmine green tea and I like blending mine at Teavana. I just don't wanna be stuck drinking the same thing. I want to change it up.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I drink black tea, green tea, chamomille, ginger tea, oolong tea... I think I drink others, but those come to mind right now. I usually buy them at the dollar store, Walmart, Target, or the local Asian supermarket. :drinker:
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I love the world market but I got a huge tin of Twining English Tea and I feel that was way over priced. It was a loose leaf tea. Does loose leaf cost more than tea bags?
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I love tea and drink various types and brands daily. Some of the brands I like are Stash, Harney and Sons, Tazo, Celestial Seasonings and Lipton has some good flavored tea bags. I like to mix it up so I usually have a large stash of all different kinds of teas.

Harney and Sons I think is my favorite right now because they have both a great peppermint tea and a cinnamon tea that I love. I have only found this brand in stores locally at Target or you can order online where they have a larger selection too. Next on list to try is their white chocolate tea.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I tend to put honey in all my teas, I like the sweetness of it.
  • berescga
    berescga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really like fruity teas. And if they sit in my desk too long because I forgot about them they still taste yummy cold!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I ordered some tea from Teavana and I have to wait till I go home to try them. They give you one free sample online and they gave me a fruity one!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute favorite tea! http://www.adagio.com/flavors/valentines.html

It tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. I never used to like flavored teas but this changed my mind. I usually just put a bit of cream in it, it actually starts out a little sweet so I don't think sugar is needed.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    check out republic of tea
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    edited March 2015
    Options

GothyFaery wrote: »
    This is my absolute favorite tea! http://www.adagio.com/flavors/valentines.html

It tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. I never used to like flavored teas but this changed my mind. I usually just put a bit of cream in it, it actually starts out a little sweet so I don't think sugar is needed.
    that looks good!
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love tea; but it has to be "real" black or green tea... can't stand that herbal stuff - yuck!! To me, it's like drinking grass water. I drink Tazo Chai black tea with just a little sugar every morning at work. I also like Twinings teas; English breakfast, Irish breakfast, Prince of Wales, their Chai is "ok" but I prefer Tazo. I have some Red Rose decaf black tea that I drink in the afternoon at work or sometimes in the evening. And lately I've been drinking Twinings Decaf English breakfast (I have a Keurig... K-cups are so quick, no steeping!) - so yummy in the evening with a touch of sugar and a splash of milk... 15 calories of comfort and warmth, lol
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I prefer steeping my own, especially if their loose leaves. I just feel like it's more fresh, maybe its because I can see the leaves lol. It took me awhile to get used to black tea but now I love it. I add honey and sometimes table sugar to mine but I feel kinda guilty with all the sugar.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I also like republic of tea but they are still sort of on the pricey end. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have great prices on basic teas like breakfast and green. They are bagged teas but I really enjoy them. My Whole Foods sells bulk loose tea, you could get a bunch of small sizes to try. I prefer just strong black and green teas.

Also, I highly recommend the Teatanic. Cracks me up when I brew loose teas.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BU1IWJO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=D660R3YJ2K2O&coliid=I2OIWVGNJ2CK9D&psc=1
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I also like republic of tea but they are still sort of on the pricey end. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have great prices on basic teas like breakfast and green. They are bagged teas but I really enjoy them. My Whole Foods sells bulk loose tea, you could get a bunch of small sizes to try. I prefer just strong black and green teas.

Also, I highly recommend the Teatanic. Cracks me up when I brew loose teas.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BU1IWJO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=D660R3YJ2K2O&coliid=I2OIWVGNJ2CK9D&psc=1

They just barely built a Trader Joes by my parents house. I feel that Whole Foods is great but a bit pricey. I don't wanna pay a lot just for tea.
  • MichaelVakili
    MichaelVakili Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you like the green tea, try mixing it with mint or other herb/fruit. Other than that - there are some cool fruit/herbal infusions on the market right now , they still have some benefits, but for a weight loss tool I wouldn't switch to any of them. =)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My favorite teas to drink are the following three (and i drink about 4 cups per day)

This is a VERY herbal strong minty tea.
    k2-_b6272276-18e4-4642-8b93-0c2b8fcdc5f1.v1.jpg

This is a traditional black tea with crisp mint
    00189-plantation-mint?maxsidesize=700

This is a soft and mellow green tea that has hints of candy cane and vanilla
    large.jpg

Edited to add: I really prefer Bigelow tea and wish they had one similar to CS CandyCane lane. Bigelow tea comes in it's own individually wrapped tea bag so you can take them on the go and they stay fresh for longer. like the image below-

bttues11.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge tea fan and I get quite adventurous with it. Right now in my work drawer I have Lemongrass & Ginger (caffiene free, good for sipping all day), a roasted barley based Chai, a "Secret Spices" tea filled with fennel, cardamom, black pepper, cassia, ginger, aniseed and clove, and some good Earl Grey.

At home I have over a dozen different types! I just like tea, particularly the more 'savoury' flavours.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, the bigelow mints are really good too
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, i forgot to mention. At first i thought teavana was good, until i realized that they price up your tea like none other. It's also a pain in the butt to make loose-leaf tea IMO.

Also, i could never figure out why the samples in the store never tasted like the tea i made at home. Apparently their rock sugar that they sell is key. They sweeten it 6x the amount they recommend on their packaging to sucker you in.

It's also important to note that their tea-mistresses will scam you hard. First time i walked in there i got a blend of their pineapple kona pop and blueberry bliss and was asked "Do you want a pound or half a pound?". I had no flipping idea how much that was so i said "i think half a pound is more than enough". I had to stop her halfway because she was going to give me a half pound of each! I made sure she only gave me a 1/4 pound of each. She acted like i was a cheapskate. And i STILL walked out paying $80.00 in tea.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Oh, i forgot to mention. At first i thought teavana was good, until i realized that they price up your tea like none other. It's also a pain in the butt to make loose-leaf tea IMO.

Also, i could never figure out why the samples in the store never tasted like the tea i made at home. Apparently their rock sugar that they sell is key. They sweeten it 6x the amount they recommend on their packaging to sucker you in.

It's also important to note that their tea-mistresses will scam you hard. First time i walked in there i got a blend of their pineapple kona pop and blueberry bliss and was asked "Do you want a pound or half a pound?". I had no flipping idea how much that was so i said "i think half a pound is more than enough". I had to stop her halfway because she was going to give me a half pound of each! I made sure she only gave me a 1/4 pound of each. She acted like i was a cheapskate. And i STILL walked out paying $80.00 in tea.

Teavana is way expensive I agree. I do have a tea pot and a steeper I use that I got from there. I do not mind paying more for those but $80 for tea? No thanks.

Mint tea is my favorite too!!!