Different kinds of tea...

Options

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    If you're anywhere near a Fairway, they have a wonderful, affordable selection of loose tea. I particularly like the Darjeeling and the Assam.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Black tea, I like Swee-Touch-Nee. Currently drinking Yogi Ginger tea.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    If you're anywhere near a Fairway, they have a wonderful, affordable selection of loose tea. I particularly like the Darjeeling and the Assam.

Is that a store?
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For steeping loose leaf tea, I love my "Ingenuitea" (it has 4.7 stars and 1000 reviews on amazon):

It looks like a beer stein (but plastic). You put in the tea leaves, pour water, and let it steep. When it's ready, you stick it on top of your cup and the tea pours out the bottom. For clean up, I rinse out for 10 seconds. It's so easy to use!

For tea bag and tea ball users: letting the leaves freely float around the tea first seems to really enhance the flavor.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    i have 3 tea balls, disputable tea bags for the extra small leaves and I have a gravity infuser.
  • cbdninja
    cbdninja Posts: 7
    Options
    So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

• cbdninja
    Options
    cbdninja wrote: »
    So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

• cbdninja
    Options
    I drink oolong black and green tea everyday. I used to go to Teavanna but I found another company with comparable teas.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Teavana is just so expensive. What company do u go through? Teavana is owned by Starbucks.. go figure.
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you live near a Hy-Vee, I just got their diet mixed berry green tea in bottles for like $4.00! Plus it was on fuel saver. Pour it over water and there is no sugar or calories and it tastes amazing!
    7500705 Posts: 3
    Options
    You could try korean tea like Job's tears tea, Yuja tea...etc. There are so many! It's a whole difference world of tea than compared to green or black...etc tea. If you enjoy savory sweet tastes, they are amazing =)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    krknobbe10 wrote: »
    If you live near a Hy-Vee, I just got their diet mixed berry green tea in bottles for like $4.00! Plus it was on fuel saver. Pour it over water and there is no sugar or calories and it tastes amazing!

Do they have a website I can go too?
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    7500705 wrote: »
    You could try korean tea like Job's tears tea, Yuja tea...etc. There are so many! It's a whole difference world of tea than compared to green or black...etc tea. If you enjoy savory sweet tastes, they are amazing =)

Where do you get urs?
    7500705 Posts: 3
    Options
    you can get them at any korean grocery stores
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm English, I don't drink herbal or fruit or green tea. I drink about 3-4 cups of typhoo (or other similar brands of tea) a day with milk & sugar.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    majoki wrote: »
    For steeping loose leaf tea, I love my "Ingenuitea" (it has 4.7 stars and 1000 reviews on amazon):

It looks like a beer stein (but plastic). You put in the tea leaves, pour water, and let it steep. When it's ready, you stick it on top of your cup and the tea pours out the bottom. For clean up, I rinse out for 10 seconds. It's so easy to use!

For tea bag and tea ball users: letting the leaves freely float around the tea first seems to really enhance the flavor.

^ that is a gravity steeper.
  • Raquelrichardson57
    Raquelrichardson57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is probably my favorite. Aids in digestion & soothes upset stomach. Green tea is a close second though.

Yes! Same here. I absolutely loveee peppermint tea. Delicious and is great for sooo many things. Peppermint tea also can help curb your appetite because of the way it tastes and smells, from what Ive read on it. Also the green tea is great for energy and boosting your metabolism.:-)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Eliz_99 wrote: »
    I'm English, I don't drink herbal or fruit or green tea. I drink about 3-4 cups of typhoo (or other similar brands of tea) a day with milk & sugar.

Is that like a black tea?
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options

Teavana is so expensive. I will not pay $30 for tea.