Different kinds of tea...

Options

Replies

• SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    GUAYUSA TEA from the rain forest, better than regular tea. Currently drinking RUNA GUAYUSA TEA and I love it. Natural caffeine with no jitters, no crash. Available in bottles or loose leaf, which helps cut back on the expense.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Lemon Lift gets me going in the morning, and the Bigelow Plantation Mint is perfect for afternoons. I also like white teas.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rant: I bought a new mesh tea infuser and the herbs still fall out. It's so annoying. :#
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Bigelow Lemon Lift gets me going in the morning, and the Bigelow Plantation Mint is perfect for afternoons. I also like white teas.

Where can you buy bigelow tea? I want to try it.
  • cocobear29
    Options

Where can you buy bigelow tea? I want to try it.

Walmart, Target and Winn Dixie
  • LivisMommy10
    LivisMommy10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you have a Costco membership, look for the Japanese matcha green tea bags. I like to throw a tea bag in my ice water and make iced green tea - yummy!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I think maybe im drinking less tea whilst on this diet. I used to drink a lo of Earl Grey but now I like Rooibos, which is quite relaxing.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Stash Moroccan Mint green tea is one of my favorites. I recently just bought Republic of Tea's U Matcha and it is...interesting. I think it will take a little getting used to. :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

Dandelion and hibiscus. They treat cholesterol, blood pressure, and are great liver cleansers. I have personally seen great results. I cycle them out almost every single day. I recommend them highly.

And footnote: Green tea has no real advantage over black tea. Antioxidant count varies from test to test. Go with what you like.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    cocobear29 wrote: »
    Adagio is the best place to buy tea from. They are cheap, reliable, and tasty! I've tried their earl grey bravo and it's amazing! I love (literally) all of their white teas.
    To each his own but I find Adagio to be chemical tasting and not very good quality.
  • BodyByButter
    Options
    Rant: I bought a new mesh tea infuser and the herbs still fall out. It's so annoying. :#
    Gravity steepers are great, maybe check those out. Or try a Finum brand infuser basket.

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Gravity steepers are great, maybe check those out. Or try a Finum brand infuser basket.

I ended up getting tea bags for my loose leaf. It works so much better. :) I have a gravity steeper but it's just a pain to clean.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

Dandelion and hibiscus. They treat cholesterol, blood pressure, and are great liver cleansers. I have personally seen great results. I cycle them out almost every single day. I recommend them highly.

And footnote: Green tea has no real advantage over black tea. Antioxidant count varies from test to test. Go with what you like.

I prefer black over green tea. Is that weird? Lol
  • BodyByButter
    Options

I prefer black over green tea. Is that weird? Lol

Nope, I drink all black.

• BodyByButter
    Options

I ended up getting tea bags for my loose leaf. It works so much better. :) I have a gravity steeper but it's just a pain to clean.

The problem with bags is that the leaves don't get to move around freely in the water. But if it's working for you, great!

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options

The problem with bags is that the leaves don't get to move around freely in the water. But if it's working for you, great!

Those are for when I'm too lazy to clean out my gravity steeper. Lol
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

This is why I like my teapots. The leaves have plenty of room but the spout has several little holes at the entrance so no leaves get into the spout or my cup. easy clean-up.

• BodyByButter
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

This is why I like my teapots. The leaves have plenty of room but the spout has several little holes at the entrance so no leaves get into the spout or my cup. easy clean-up.

I work from home, and usually I do gravity steeper plus travel mug. That way I can keep it hot if I get stuck on a phone call or something. I got a David's Carry Mug and absolutely love it. After work I go into more Gong Fu mode, using a gaiwan or teapot. There are companies who send me tea to review and I want to give those the best treatment possible. But during the day it's more about efficiency for me.
  • BodyByButter
    Options

Those are for when I'm too lazy to clean out my gravity steeper. Lol

Denture tabs are awesome for stains in those.

• MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I have a bone China tea set and I love it! My mom got me it for christmas.