please help which breakfast ceral should I be eating???

Options
Please can someone sort out all the figures: I need to have my cereal for breakfast, but which is the one I SHOULD be eating for weight loss, I'm so confused ie looking at all fat/sugar/salt etc content and calories.
Kelloggs Bran Flakes, Kelloggs All Bran, Kelloggs Rice Krispies or Kelloggs Weetabix. PLEASE HELP it's driving me crazy. Just tell me which one of these and I'll go for it!!! Thanks

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eat whichever one you love and fits into your daily calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

^This.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I prefer Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or lucky charms, or fruit loops, or all 3
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love frosted shreddies with alpro coconut milk helps with increasing my iron intake.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Exactly. You could have Cookie Crisp with chocolate milk for breakfast and it wouldn't matter, as long as you tracked the calories accurately (weight and measure!) and kept yourself in a deficit for the day/week.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

At the same time? I'm not against any of those, but cinnamon and fruit loops; I don't think I could get behind that...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    adowe wrote: »

At the same time? I'm not against any of those, but cinnamon and fruit loops; I don't think I could get behind that...

Don't knock it until you try it.

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep.

As a cereal junkie myself, particularly sugary cereal, I finally stopped eating it for breakfast because it wasn't giving me what I wanted - namely some good protein, and enough staying power to hold me through the morning until lunch. So I switched to either eggs, toast & fruit, or oatmeal with yogurt, nuts, cinnamon, honey & fruit. And coffee, of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now I save the cereal for bedtime snacks when I have enough cals at the end of the day. Which is often. :smile:

But yeah, pick whichever cereal you like that fits into your cals.
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Big steamy bowl of oatmeal/porridge with fruit/nut toppings and a drizzle of honey or stevia :)
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like Shreddies and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  • kr15ty_k
    kr15ty_k Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Puffed wheat is low in calories. I like Kashi Go lean Crunch. It has lots of calories but keeps me full for a long time and its tasty!
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    if it tastes like cardboard you got it right
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too but in cereals a Special K or a cheaper version of the Special K.
  • mistermardi
    mistermardi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try adding some (unsalted) nuts instead of cereal.
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like Bran Flakes (no, seriously!). A bowl (30g dry cereal, with semi-skimmed milk) at about 7am sees me through till about 11am when I usually have a cereal bar at work.

Years back, when I first lost weight, I tried Special K. Eurgh. Full of artificial sweeteners and for the same cals left me starving 20 minutes later. Beware "diet" foods!

ps If you're in the UK, I recently switched from Kelloggs Bran Flakes to Tesco own-make. Half the price and they taste the same, and have almost identical cals. Some own-brand stuff is bad but these are good. :smile:
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It's not a matter of which one you SHOULD have. Which ones do you like? Personally I alternate between porridge and honey, eggs on toast and all bran with fruit and yoghurt. On a weekend I might go crazy and have a bit of bacon with my eggs:)

I also save the good sugary cereal for a bedtime snack ;)
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Fruity Pebbles.

/thread.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My favorite to eat is Honey Nut Cheerios with the vanilla honey flavored almond milk. I also usually cut up a banana to put in there also or some blueberries.
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate Cereal....really high in fiber, very low on sugar and fat..... I would never trade it for any other cereal out there...
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Exactly. You could have Cookie Crisp with chocolate milk for breakfast and it wouldn't matter, as long as you tracked the calories accurately (weight and measure!) and kept yourself in a deficit for the day/week.

Oh man, now I want this. Maybe for lunch.