please help which breakfast ceral should I be eating???

Options

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I like boring cereal. Weetabix, Bran flakes or porridge. Ha so don't ask me! Bran flakes keep my insides working hahahaha!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Bmmkxg wrote: »
    @PhilippaJoh‌ - Eat Oatmeal and blueberries: Mostly all cereal is bad for you. If you are on this website I am sure your looking to lose weight or eat healthier. I do not suggest eating ANY of these cereals. Did you know Cinnamon toast Crunch (as an example) one serving 3/4 cup- Have you ever eaten 3/4 cup of cereal? Not me, I use to eat like 3 servings or 2 1/4 cups. did you know in that bowl of cereal @ 2 1/4 cups there are 292 calories : 67.5 are from fat. Total Fat = 6.75 Total Carbohydrates = 56.25 sugar=20.25 and finally OTHER carbohydrates = 31.5 (what the hell is other carbohydrates).

Your best bet is don't eat cereal. Eat eggs, oatmeal, Greek Fat Free Yogurt with some blueberries. You'll feel and thank yourself later. If you want check out some of my blogs from bodypumpbybob @ www.outrunyourfork.com

Happy Eating.

This won't go down well here...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    @PhilippaJoh‌ - Eat Oatmeal and blueberries: Mostly all cereal is bad for you. If you are on this website I am sure your looking to lose weight or eat healthier. I do not suggest eating ANY of these cereals. Did you know Cinnamon toast Crunch (as an example) one serving 3/4 cup- Have you ever eaten 3/4 cup of cereal? Not me, I use to eat like 3 servings or 2 1/4 cups. did you know in that bowl of cereal @ 2 1/4 cups there are 292 calories : 67.5 are from fat. Total Fat = 6.75 Total Carbohydrates = 56.25 sugar=20.25 and finally OTHER carbohydrates = 31.5 (what the hell is other carbohydrates).

Happy Eating.

Broscience derp and spamming your blog...strong first post.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm a fan of shredded mini wheats -- it's got fiber and iron which I desperately need, and it tastes good too!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I was a big fan of the Kashi Go Lean Crunch when I was doing cereal. But last week I bought a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and it was amazing.

It really does come down to your personal needs and preferences. I ate the Kashi because I wanted more protein with breakfast. But I found other ways to include protein when I changed cereals. There really is no right or wrong cereal.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate Cereal....really high in fiber, very low on sugar and fat..... I would never trade it for any other cereal out there...

Fiber One Chocolate is so good!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Frosted flakes with Almomd milk or corn pops dry. Delicious!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your best bet is don't eat cereal. Eat eggs, oatmeal, Greek Fat Free Yogurt with some blueberries. You'll feel and thank yourself later. If you want check out some of my blogs from bodypumpbybob @ www.outrunyourfork.com

Happy Eating.

What's the problem with a 292 calorie breakfast that includes fat and carbohydrates? Or if you don't want all 292 calories, you could always just eat less of it.

Is your blog full of weird advice like this?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Happy Eating.
    Actually, yes I have eaten 3/4 of a cup of cereal, or more accurately, weighed out the 29g or whatever the serving size was because it was the amount that fit into my available calories that particular day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Like any food I eat, I weigh and measure the portions out to fit into my goals. Thankfully, some days I can eat a double serving of Cinnamon Toast Crunch before bed, and I enjoy the heck out of it. And I have still reached my weight/fat loss goals doing so.

And fat free Greek yogurt? Gag - fat is good! Don't be afraid of fat, OP - our bodies need fat an it helps keep us feeling full longer. Fat in our diets doesn't make us fat, too many calories do. The only reason I eat 2% Greek yogurt is it has more protein than the full fat version, which makes no sense to me, but yay protein! B)

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    kmorgan221 wrote: »
    Eat whichever one you love and fits into your daily calories.

Exactly. You could have Cookie Crisp with chocolate milk for breakfast and it wouldn't matter, as long as you tracked the calories accurately (weight and measure!) and kept yourself in a deficit for the day/week.

Oh man, now I want this. Maybe for lunch.

Ha! I was just trying to come up with something kind of ridiculous to make my point. :)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Happy Eating.
    Sounds legit <sarcasm>

Nice broscience and BS.

Solid first post!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    1. It's not really "WHAT" cereal it's how much. Most cereals give their portion sizes in 3/4 cup. 3/4 cup of cereal is NOTHING. I typically have to eat at least 1.5 cups or I don't feel like I've eaten anything. I typically like to stick with Multigrain Cheerios. I can have a cup for 110 or 1.5 cups for 165.

2. Weight it out, don't estimate it. You'll never get it right. I love me cereal, but sometimes it's not worth it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Pick what you love, so long as you don't love it so much that you have an inordinately hard time eating only the serving you planned on.

Personally, I quit eating cereal long before I even started trying to lose weight because it left me hungry almost immediately after finishing my bowl. For me, oatmeal, cream of wheat, eggs, English muffin, waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, any one or a combination of those is a more satisfying meal.
  • bodypumpbybob
    bodypumpbybob Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Happy Eating.

What's the problem with a 292 calorie breakfast that includes fat and carbohydrates? Or if you don't want all 292 calories, you could always just eat less of it.

I just started blogging on this site: I am only looking to take qualified research and attempt to give out helpful information to people that think cereal or other food products are actually good for them. I didn't want to burden @phillipaJon with the semantics BUT Yes you can eat whatever you want; if you want to rid your body of fat then you must eat properly. Cereal is not part of a proper diet.

So just to fill you in a bit further with or example of "Cinnamon Toast Crunch", FACT: did you know ingredients listed for a product must be in order of most --> least. The first ingredients in our example: Whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Rice Flour, Rice Bran and /or Canola oil, Fructose, Maltodextrin and Dextrose.

In this example 4 out of the top 7 ingredients are sugar, some form of simple sugar or a molecular made up sugar. I will not continue but I will post on my blog later tonight the ingredients in more detail and the effects they have on us.

Guys, I'm, not saying quit eating, but really understand what your eating and the effects its having on your body. If you can't lose weight maybe there's a reason for it!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    For dry cereal, I pick one with 5 or more g of fiber per serving size (as listed on the box) & 5 or fewer g of sugar. For cooked cereal, I like oatmeal and bulgar the best. I often have berries with my cereal and plain yogurt rather than milk ~ With my calorie restricted diet, I want to get the most out of what I eat both in term of nutritional value and satiety.
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fiber One
  • asdowe13
    Options

Happy Eating.

I just started blogging on this site: I am only looking to take qualified research and attempt to give out helpful information to people that think cereal or other food products are actually good for them. I didn't want to burden @phillipaJon with the semantics BUT Yes you can eat whatever you want; if you want to rid your body of fat then you must eat properly. Cereal is not part of a proper diet.

So just to fill you in a bit further with or example of "Cinnamon Toast Crunch", FACT: did you know ingredients listed for a product must be in order of most --> least. The first ingredients in our example: Whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Rice Flour, Rice Bran and /or Canola oil, Fructose, Maltodextrin and Dextrose.

In this example 4 out of the top 7 ingredients are sugar, some form of simple sugar or a molecular made up sugar. I will not continue but I will post on my blog later tonight the ingredients in more detail and the effects they have on us.

Guys, I'm, not saying quit eating, but really understand what your eating and the effects its having on your body. If you can't lose weight maybe there's a reason for it!

More broscience.

can you prove this?

No? mkthxbai
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Malt -o- Meal makes a Smore's cereal. It's golden grahams, cocoa puffs, and little marshmallows. I do eat 3/4 cup of it, dry, as a snack quite often thank you very much.

O.P, no certain cereal is going to make you lose weight. That is the point people are trying to make here. Choose whatever you like best and keep going. Don't let minutia like this slow down your day.
  • asdowe13
    Options

Happy Eating.

It's called caloric surplus.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Happy Eating.

What qualified research tells you that cereal cannot be part of a proper diet?