Uh oh - bad weekend ahead.

Options

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I feel this is the OP's choice. Yes she is doomed, but is it a good doom in her eyes? or a bad doom in her eyes? The op may just want to fall face first into that cake, popcorn, and pancakes and enjoy this weekend to it's fullest with her loved ones and it will be an occasion she will never forget. Memories. Or she may not want to indulge and put weight on. Or she may only want to indulge a bit.

A once in a while induldge is good for the body/soul/mind. But it is also what will work for the OP, as to not feel guilty the next day or after the weekend. If this doesn't happen but once every 6 mths to a year, it is not going to hurt her that much in weight. And if she wants to fall face first in all the goodies, that is her choice and she knows, the consequences to her choice.

One suggestion (if you don't want to indulge in the pop corn) is to take some low sodium nuts with you, that way you can still much, get the protein and feel fuller. On the pizza side, eat more of the toppings than the crust if possible.

And OP, if you want to fall face first, then I applaud you to enjoying life to it's fullest, that is what life is all about. I have fallen face first at special occasions and it has not hurt me. Sure I may of gained a couple pounds, but it came right back off (figuring it was mostly water weight from all the extra sodium and I have memories from that day to last a life time. I also got my full filment of my splurge that also helped, for I did not have major cravings for the "bad" foods for a long long time. To me it was worth the fall into the cake etc.

Good luck OP and Have fun in whatever choice you decide to make :smiley:
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    This thread is confusing.

Yes we've established that - I wasn't meant to be confusing, but clearly it was.

You also seem to think pizza and popcorn are "unhealthy".

They are classed as unhealthy, admittedly they don't have to be as you can limit the portions/toppings, but if you go around saying 'look at me I'm so healthy with my pizza and popcorn' - you'd get some funny looks.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Yes we've established that - I wasn't meant to be confusing, but clearly it was.

They are classed as unhealthy, admittedly they don't have to be as you can limit the portions/toppings, but if you go around saying 'look at me I'm so healthy with my pizza and popcorn' - you'd get some funny looks.
    What is unhealthy about them?

• kayeiam
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    Oh my god, it's really not a big deal. I say bad because it is bad - food that makes you gain weight isn't classed by many people as 'good' is it!

Man, why do you young whipper snappers these days always say "bad" when you mean "good?" It makes it hard for us old farts to figure things out!

Ok, I am not a young whiper snapper, so if I said ... Guess what? me and my boyfriend are going up to the mountains to be bad...... So does that mean I shouldn't do what we intend to do at the mountains because it is "BAD" Or do you get what I mean by saying that?

Well that is no different than what the OP said, she knows it is "bad" foods, but she knows that she intends to accept that and enjoy her time.
  • katiejanecollins
    edited March 2015
    Options

They contains ingredients with nutrients that make you gain weight/feel slobbish/crave more bad food. It's basic knowledge. If they were good - MFP wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight!
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    kayeiam wrote: »
    Oh my god, it's really not a big deal. I say bad because it is bad - food that makes you gain weight isn't classed by many people as 'good' is it!

Man, why do you young whipper snappers these days always say "bad" when you mean "good?" It makes it hard for us old farts to figure things out!

Ok, I am not a young whiper snapper, so if I said ... Guess what? me and my boyfriend are going up to the mountains to be bad...... So does that mean I shouldn't do what we intend to do at the mountains because it is "BAD" Or do you get what I mean by saying that?

Well that is no different than what the OP said, she knows it is "bad" foods, but she knows that she intends to accept that and enjoy her time.

Thank youuuu. Exactly what I meant.
  • kayeiam
    Options
    kayeiam wrote: »

Thank youuuu. Exactly what I meant.

Your welcom :smile:
  • Alluminati
    edited March 2015
    Options

They contains ingredients with nutrients that make you gain weight/feel slobbish/crave more bad food. It's basic knowledge. If they were good - MFP wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight!
    Maybe you should do a little more research.

caveman.gif
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

caveman.gif

Er - maybe you should too. And stop posting unnecessary comments whilst you're at it! Sick of people being negative on here.
  • Alluminati
    Options

caveman.gif

Er - maybe you should too. And stop posting unnecessary comments whilst you're at it! Sick of people being negative on here.
    I don't think my comments are unnecessary. I'm asking you to explain your view, which I happen to disagree with. Disagreeing doesn't mean negative. Also, if you cannot handle comments on a public forum about a topic you posted, then perhaps your topic was....unnecessary?
  • Alluminati
    Options

caveman.gif

Also, please post peer reviewed studies that pizza contains nutrients that make you gain weight.

Tldr; it's not the food it's the qty and overall context that matters. But by all means, keep making silly statements and expect questions about them.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

caveman.gif

I don't think my comments are unnecessary. I'm asking you to explain your view, which I happen to disagree with. Disagreeing doesn't mean negative. Also, if you cannot handle comments on a public forum about a topic you posted, then perhaps your topic was....unnecessary?

Well if you disagree with my view, fine, leave it at that and stop accusing me of being incorrect for calling fatty foods unhealthy - which they are.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Some of these replies are ridiculous. OP, stuff your face and enjoy your weekend! You look like you deserve it :)
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Some of these replies are ridiculous. OP, stuff your face and enjoy your weekend! You look like you deserve it :)

Thanks that's nice of you :) Have a great weekend yourself!
  • owlheartt
    owlheartt Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jesus, I've never come across a forum full of such negative and unfriendly replies. Why does everything people say on here get misjudged in 100,000 different ways!?

Because this is the internet. Although you may be using one tone to describe how you feel or what you're thinking or anything else, in the end the message is still only in text form and someone else may read it in an entirely different tone.

Not trying to be snarky at all. Originally came in with the intention of giving friendly advice... until I saw the madness. Lol.

I hope you have a fun weekend, OP. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

There are no nutrients that "make you gain weight."

There are calories and they are either consumed to excess or they aren't. I am truly sorry that pizza and popcorn make you feel "snobbish," but that is more about you than pizza or popcorn.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself this weekend and get back on track Monday.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

There are no nutrients that "make you gain weight."

There are calories and they are either consumed to excess or they aren't. I am truly sorry that pizza and popcorn make you feel "snobbish," but that is more about you than pizza or popcorn.

Nutrients in pizza include high fat, salt and carbohydrates - not good for the body if you're consuming that many of the above in just one sitting. Read here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-nutrition-of-cheese-pizza.html#b

FYI - I said slobbish, not snobbish. There's a difference.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

You know, I am British like you are OP and I agree with you, foods like that are not classed as healthy here. I think maybe there's a difference between views in the US and UK to food.
    I don't like eating Mcondalds food for example, but even if I did, I'd be put off by the majority of people who eat in there, at least where I live. The kind of people in McDo here are the benefits mums who stand around outside with their toddlers in pushchairs, smoking and swearing. I'm sure it's not the same in all towns though.

I think pizza can be healthy, but it depends where it's from. Dominos tends to be really greasy, but if you had proper Italian pizza, it'd be totally different with a thin base, proper tomato sauce, and minimal toppings, not loaded with about 5 different types of meat.

Popcorn is also fine if you don't have loads of it, but it's not really got anything of nutritional value in it. However, cinema portions of popcorn tend to be huge.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

You know, I am British like you are OP and I agree with you, foods like that are not classed as healthy here. I think maybe there's a difference between views in the US and UK to food.
    I don't like eating Mcondalds food for example, but even if I did, I'd be put off by the majority of people who eat in there, at least where I live. The kind of people in McDo here are the benefits mums who stand around outside with their toddlers in pushchairs, smoking and swearing. I'm sure it's not the same in all towns though.

I think pizza can be healthy, but it depends where it's from. Dominos tends to be really greasy, but if you had proper Italian pizza, it'd be totally different with a thin base, proper tomato sauce, and minimal toppings, not loaded with about 5 different types of meat.

Popcorn is also fine if you don't have loads of it, but it's not really got anything of nutritional value in it. However, cinema portions of popcorn tend to be huge.

THIS.

That is exactly what I'm saying. I've literally just asked people in my office how they view pizza and they said 'unhealthy' - clearly a UK thing then. It can be made healthy, but as I said at the beginning of the post it's a takeaway one which IS NOT at all healthy ha ha. And Cineworld popcorn is so bad for you, I can't image it's any better in the US!