Uh oh - bad weekend ahead.

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'd consider that a regular week for me. I eat Asian every weekend and don't consider pizza to be a bad thing.
    It's only going to be "bad" if you over consume. And that has more to do about your actual discipline and not the food you're eating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    Oh my god, it's really not a big deal. I say bad because it is bad - food that makes you gain weight isn't classed by many people as 'good' is it!

Man, why do you young whipper snappers these days always say "bad" when you mean "good?" It makes it hard for us old farts to figure things out!

It's good in the way that it tastes, bad in the way it affects your body. That is what I mean by the two definitions.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, I'd consider that a regular week for me. I eat Asian every weekend and don't consider pizza to be a bad thing.
    It's only going to be "bad" if you over consume. And that has more to do about your actual discipline and not the food you're eating.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I consider it bad because I never have it - so when I do it feels naughty!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Dad's Birthday so there is cake and Chinese takeaway involved, then on Sunday I'm going out for pancakes for Mother's Day, popcorn and sweets in the cinema and then pizza takeaway in the evening! Eek...

Those are all choices and priorities.
    You can make them fit your calorie limit for the day, you can plan to go a bit over your limit for a weekend or you can make different choices.

Last time I went to a movie I chose not to have popcorn or a drink. I thought it would be difficult because I love popcorn but really did not miss that stuff at all. I enjoyed myself and I went out for a tasty dinner afterward.

Sounds like a fun weekend not a bad weekend. :)
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my Dad's Birthday so there is cake and Chinese takeaway involved, then on Sunday I'm going out for pancakes for Mother's Day, popcorn and sweets in the cinema and then pizza takeaway in the evening! Eek...

Those are all choices and priorities.
    You can make them fit your calorie limit for the day, you can plan to go a bit over your limit for a weekend or you can make different choices.

Last time I went to a movie I chose not to have popcorn or a drink. I thought it would be difficult because I love popcorn but really did not miss that stuff at all. I enjoyed myself and I went out for a tasty dinner afterward.

Sounds like a fun weekend not a bad weekend. :)

It will be fun - just meant bad as in unhealthy food! The weekend itself won't be bad - that's not what I intended to say!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Eh, it is what it is. As previously stated, if you overall eat a healthy diet, fitting treats in won't affect anything. It's a little more concentrated than you're used to since you have a busy weekend, but again, overall context. You're focusing on healthy foods, and one weekend shouldn't make you feel "naughty".
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Eh, it is what it is. As previously stated, if you overall eat a healthy diet, fitting treats in won't affect anything. It's a little more concentrated than you're used to since you have a busy weekend, but again, overall context. You're focusing on healthy foods, and one weekend shouldn't make you feel "naughty".

I'm trying to not let it feel bad - but I'm so close to my goal I can't help it!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm trying to not let it feel bad - but I'm so close to my goal I can't help it!

I find the mindset the hardest thing to change in this process, and I'd imagine it's harder when you feel like you're close; why can't you just be there already.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I find the mindset the hardest thing to change in this process, and I'd imagine it's harder when you feel like you're close; why can't you just be there already.

Yessssss. It's really tough. Especially when my family starts fussing!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    nickatine wrote: »
    Wait a second, mothers day is not till may.
    In the UK it falls on this weekend.

Yep, it's this Sunday in the UK. My 5 year old got me chocolates from his school's gift shop, he's already informed me I have to share them with him. Not sure he quite gets the concept of Mother's Day :)
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

Yep, it's this Sunday in the UK. My 5 year old got me chocolates from his school's gift shop, he's already informed me I have to share them with him. Not sure he quite gets the concept of Mother's Day :)

Hehe, that's cute :)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

He's very cute, bless him. Last year when he was in reception he opened the present he'd bought me and ate the chocs! My 3 year old made us choc hearts for valentines day at nursery, and she ate the one meant for my husband!
  • katiejanecollins
    Options

He's very cute, bless him. Last year when he was in reception he opened the present he'd bought me and ate the chocs! My 3 year old made us choc hearts for valentines day at nursery, and she ate the one meant for my husband!

Ha ha - kids! Can't wait to experience that (though I'll take note that I may have to buy my own M'Day choccies... ;)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

Ha ha - kids! Can't wait to experience that (though I'll take note that I may have to buy my own M'Day choccies... ;)

And eat them while hiding somewhere :)

Kids are good for eating well because you can never eat something to yourself, and you're up and down so much you burn loads of calories lol.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh OP. Don't feel so bad about going out and enjoying food. Don't feel bad about celebrating and indulging.

I just had friends in visiting from out of the country for a week. I live in Chicago. Most of the food we ate consisted of food some people on the forums abhor and label as "bad". Legit. They're ones I see constantly added to the "Foods you have to give up" posts.

For me, that mindset is complete crap. I loved every bite of the deep dish pizza, burgers, BBQ, brunch I ate. I gleefully drank beer and tried several new types of wine. I survived and I don't feel one bit guilty for diving face-first into a deep dish pizza. And really, I didn't derail my progress.

For me, it's knowing that the meals I had while my friends were in town were treats. Sure I'll still have beer and go HAM on a brunch buffet, but I don't typically elect for pizza for dinner. I enjoyed the time with my friends, and I know that a few meals won't sidetrack my progress.

I also know that making myself feel guilty after eating one of the most glorious burgers I've ever had just because it's loaded with blue cheese is counterproductive. I ate food. It was delicious. And I'm not going to apologize to myself for enjoying life.

I couldn't imagine a world where I can't eat cake when I feel the need.

Enjoy your weekend, OP.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Ohhhhh OP. Don't feel so bad about going out and enjoying food. Don't feel bad about celebrating and indulging.

I just had friends in visiting from out of the country for a week. I live in Chicago. Most of the food we ate consisted of food some people on the forums abhor and label as "bad". Legit. They're ones I see constantly added to the "Foods you have to give up" posts.

For me, that mindset is complete crap. I loved every bite of the deep dish pizza, burgers, BBQ, brunch I ate. I gleefully drank beer and tried several new types of wine. I survived and I don't feel one bit guilty for diving face-first into a deep dish pizza. And really, I didn't derail my progress.

For me, it's knowing that the meals I had while my friends were in town were treats. Sure I'll still have beer and go HAM on a brunch buffet, but I don't typically elect for pizza for dinner. I enjoyed the time with my friends, and I know that a few meals won't sidetrack my progress.

I also know that making myself feel guilty after eating one of the most glorious burgers I've ever had just because it's loaded with blue cheese is counterproductive. I ate food. It was delicious. And I'm not going to apologize to myself for enjoying life.

I couldn't imagine a world where I can't eat cake when I feel the need.

Enjoy your weekend, OP.

Thanks for this - glad you enjoyed the time with your friends. The food sounds delish. I used to go to Chicago every year and their food (well, American food in general) is damn good. I lost a bit more weight today and started the day with a run - I have a healthy breakfast, snack and lunch planned so I can enjoy my Chinese and Birthday cake!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This thread is confusing.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Yes we've established that - I wasn't meant to be confusing, but clearly it was.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Yes we've established that - I wasn't meant to be confusing, but clearly it was.

You also seem to think pizza and popcorn are "unhealthy".