Uh oh - bad weekend ahead.

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just pointing out you are using very negative terminology for a very normal and what should be enjoyable event:
    "Bad weekend"
    "Bad food"
    "Get healthy again"

This. I read a few of the OP's replies so I saw that she wasn't really freaking out over it, which honestly made the original post pretty confusing.

What exactly was confusing? I never was freaking out. If I was - I wouldn't be eating it. I was just being HUMAN and saying what I was going to eat in the hope people could relate! Clearly not!

Exactly what was in the post to which I replied. Calling the weekend and the food bad.
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just pointing out you are using very negative terminology for a very normal and what should be enjoyable event:
    "Bad weekend"
    "Bad food"
    "Get healthy again"

cosign.

also this is troubling
    but to show that although I'm not overjoyed by the idea of eating bad food, I'm going to.

don't eat food you don't enjoy.

I DO ENJOY IT! All I meant was that my body won't thank me for it/it's not going to make me lose weight etc... why aren't people getting this!?!?!?!?
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I pack nuts or sunflower seeds and take them to the movies instead of getting popcorn and candy. Or if you want candy, pre-measure out a serving and take it with you.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    Jesus, I've never come across a forum full of such negative and unfriendly replies. Why does everything people say on here get misjudged in 100,000 different ways!?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Wooooooah. Didn't expect so many replies. Guys, what's with the negative ones!? I posted this thread NOT for advice - but to show that although I'm not overjoyed by the idea of eating bad food, I'm going to. And I'm damn well going to enjoy it. I've been eating well and working out long enough now to know when to sort my habits out and get healthy again, and I can 100% get back on it. Not even on the Monday, but all of Saturday and some of Sunday too. It wasn't meant to cause so much negativity and disagreement! At the end of the day, I'm 20, I like food, and I weigh 122lbs. I'm not going to panic too much, and I'm going to appreciate every bite.

Why would you eat stuff that you don't enjoy?

I do enjoy it...? Hence why I was fat in the first place haha.

It's confusing when you say you're not overjoyed by something, but you're going to do it. Having a fun weekend shouldn't be something you endure or that makes you say "uh oh." Eat the things that you think are worth the calories and don't eat the rest of it. You won't have to "get healthy again." If you go into the weekend healthy, food choices made in a single weekend aren't going to undo that.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Jesus, I've never come across a forum full of such negative and unfriendly replies. Why does everything people say on here get misjudged in 100,000 different ways!?

Just call it tasty food instead of bad food. Then it'll all be good. :smiley:
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    Wooooooah. Didn't expect so many replies. Guys, what's with the negative ones!? I posted this thread NOT for advice - but to show that although I'm not overjoyed by the idea of eating bad food, I'm going to. And I'm damn well going to enjoy it. I've been eating well and working out long enough now to know when to sort my habits out and get healthy again, and I can 100% get back on it. Not even on the Monday, but all of Saturday and some of Sunday too. It wasn't meant to cause so much negativity and disagreement! At the end of the day, I'm 20, I like food, and I weigh 122lbs. I'm not going to panic too much, and I'm going to appreciate every bite.

It's confusing when you say you're not overjoyed by something, but you're going to do it. Having a fun weekend shouldn't be something you endure or that makes you say "uh oh." Eat the things that you think are worth the calories and don't eat the rest of it. You won't have to "get healthy again." If you go into the weekend healthy, food choices made in a single weekend aren't going to undo that.

I will repeat... again... I am not 'overjoyed by it' because it's bad for me. It doesn't mean I don't want to eat it or I dislike it! It just means it's not the best option for my health! That is ALL I meant!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I wasn't trying to be negative. I'm sorry if you took my confusion as negativity. I can't really control what confuses me though. :\
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Yeah, then I'll get people telling me the opposite because it's not the same opinion they have. Can't win on here!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Yeah, then I'll get people telling me the opposite because it's not the same opinion they have. Can't win on here!

Well clearly. It's the internet; you're always wrong and I'm always right...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, it's really not a big deal. I say bad because it is bad - food that makes you gain weight isn't classed by many people as 'good' is it!

None of the food listed is bad - it's just food made up of macro and micro nutrients.

All of the food listed can be eaten in the right proportion as part of your overall diet without weight gain.

That it is calorie dense doesn't make it bad.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I will repeat... again... I am not 'overjoyed by it' because it's bad for me. It doesn't mean I don't want to eat it or I dislike it! It just means it's not the best option for my health! That is ALL I meant!

Well, if this helps, one weekend of food choices is unlikely to be bad for you (unless you eat something poisoned or with pathogens in it). Life doesn't have to be about choosing the maximally healthful choice at every opportunity. You're getting these responses because you seemed stressed in your initial post and your subsequent language seemed very negative.

Maybe that wasn't what you mean, but the fact that so many people are responding in the same spirit should cause you to realize that your words came across in a way that you didn't intend. This doesn't mean something is wrong with the people responding to you. It means that you didn't communicate what you intended to everyone who read your words.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, it's really not a big deal. I say bad because it is bad - food that makes you gain weight isn't classed by many people as 'good' is it!

Any food can make you gain weight...so I'm not going to go around calling all food bad.

Anyway, just eat at maintenance or slightly above for the weekend. No big deal. You look like you're at or close to goal, yeah?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    gouldyftw wrote: »
    One or two days will not make a difference in the long run, in the same way that you wouldn't consider one or two days long enough for a diet.

That's completely wrong. You can easily undo a week's deficit by making bad choices a couple days... especially when such high calorie food is involved.

But this isn't about a week's deficit though, undoing a week of cutting is no disaster. It's a week out of the rest of her life. Whatever she gains, she'll easily lose when she gets back on track. You're making it sound like there's no recovery from this. Don't think about it as a week, think about it in weeks, months, years...this is one weekend of going over calories. It's tiny and miniscule. I ate like crazy on my birthday a couple of weeks ago, the next day I got back on track and a day later when I weighed myself I was still 0.4 kg down from my weigh in the previous week.

• katiejanecollins
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    gouldyftw wrote: »
    One or two days will not make a difference in the long run, in the same way that you wouldn't consider one or two days long enough for a diet.

That's completely wrong. You can easily undo a week's deficit by making bad choices a couple days... especially when such high calorie food is involved.

But this isn't about a week's deficit though, undoing a week of cutting is no disaster. It's a week out of the rest of her life. Whatever she gains, she'll easily lose when she gets back on track. You're making it sound like there's no recovery from this. Don't think about it as a week, think about it in weeks, months, years...this is one weekend of going over calories. It's tiny and miniscule. I ate like crazy on my birthday a couple of weeks ago, the next day I got back on track and a day later when I weighed myself I was still 0.4 kg down from my weigh in the previous week.

THANK YOU!!!! Someone gets it.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options

You've got this. You already know what it is you need to do, so you're good there. You certainly don't need validation from anybody here. To me there's no sense doing all this work & being good so often if we can't allow ourselves the chance to still enjoy the things we like every once in awhile. The big difference between now & before is that I don't let myself enjoy those things all the time. That's the change in lifestyle that'll keep us in the shape we want to be in & you've already got the right mindset for it. You shouldn't panic at all & you should enjoy every bit of it.....

The one point I've seen that I think is a little overdone is the one about the "potential" to gain 2 lbs. First of all, at the weight you're at 2 lbs. won't make a bit of difference & I would bet you would drop it almost immediately. Second of all, I think that 2 lbs. would be more fluid retention from the sodium in those foods causing the body to retain water - I've read that you have to eat an additional 3500 calories to gain a "real" lb. of weight & I have this feeling you're not going that far off the wagon. Should you be really "bad" & see a little gain, drink some extra water over the next few days & it'll be gone.....

Go have fun, enjoy your weekend & don't worry yourself 1 little bit.....
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »

You've got this. You already know what it is you need to do, so you're good there. You certainly don't need validation from anybody here. To me there's no sense doing all this work & being good so often if we can't allow ourselves the chance to still enjoy the things we like every once in awhile. The big difference between now & before is that I don't let myself enjoy those things all the time. That's the change in lifestyle that'll keep us in the shape we want to be in & you've already got the right mindset for it. You shouldn't panic at all & you should enjoy every bit of it.....

The one point I've seen that I think is a little overdone is the one about the "potential" to gain 2 lbs. First of all, at the weight you're at 2 lbs. won't make a bit of difference & I would bet you would drop it almost immediately. Second of all, I think that 2 lbs. would be more fluid retention from the sodium in those foods causing the body to retain water - I've read that you have to eat an additional 3500 calories to gain a "real" lb. of weight & I have this feeling you're not going that far off the wagon. Should you be really "bad" & see a little gain, drink some extra water over the next few days & it'll be gone.....

Go have fun, enjoy your weekend & don't worry yourself 1 little bit.....

Thank you for the lovely and genuine reply. I completely agree with everything you've said - and I'm pleased we share the same thoughts!
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I always get a hot coffee in the cinema keeps me busy sipping and after not too bothered about eating salty popcorn.
  • katiejanecollins
    Options
    bfitgirl wrote: »
    I always get a hot coffee in the cinema keeps me busy sipping and after not too bothered about eating salty popcorn.

I would - but I'd end up needing to pee the whole time!!! :s
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Man, why do you young whipper snappers these days always say "bad" when you mean "good?" It makes it hard for us old farts to figure things out!