Eating in the shower?

Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Omg...it actually is a thing. While some strange part of me could somewhat see salmon, I could not grasp lasagne...Googled it and...omg

"Tip: You can also add dirty dishes and detergent to the dishwasher but only if you are confident the lasagna is tightly wrapped, otherwise you'll end up with a very soapy lasagna."

*dies*

I will not be doing this. I anyway only have a countertop dishwasher.

That is bloody ridiculous. Who would do this, and why!!?? I must go and google this now :p

The same morons who thought you could charge your iphone by putting it in the microwave for a minute (on).
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I just realized my phone's dictionary has both lasagna and lasagne in it.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm scarred. Truly scarred. And a bit nauseous.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Omg...it actually is a thing. While some strange part of me could somewhat see salmon, I could not grasp lasagne...Googled it and...omg

"Tip: You can also add dirty dishes and detergent to the dishwasher but only if you are confident the lasagna is tightly wrapped, otherwise you'll end up with a very soapy lasagna."

*dies*

I will not be doing this. I anyway only have a countertop dishwasher.

I'm glad i no longer have a dishwasher or I'd have to give it a shot just because. Just to say i did it. I bet my husband would eat it, too.

Now that you mention it...if I were married, Id totally be tempted to make some dishwasher lasagne and serve it to him to see what he thinks of it.

Upon further thought, I think I may have inadvertently discovered why I am single.
    I just realized my phone's dictionary has both lasagna and lasagne in it.

ETA...I had typed lasagne and my spellcheck yelled at me for it and suggested lasagna..I thought maybe I was wrong, but with an "a" looks weird!!! So I changed it back. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I used to pre drink in the shower while getting ready to go out.

But never food.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I used to pre drink in the shower while getting ready to go out.

But never food.

Oh, we'll thats ok (whisper.....no it isn't).

Actually, just joking. I've been loving your posts.

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Dammit, late to the party again.... still....

dgbg.gif
  • KickinIt23
    KickinIt23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I have a random question for all of you. Do you ever bring a snack with you when you take a bath/shower (I sit in the shower quite often so it is more like a combination bath and shower.

Anyway, does anyone bring a small something if you are going to relax in the tub? I feel like I'm really weird when I do this. I usually bring cut up fruit or something of the like.

I know this topic may rub people the wrong way. Yes, I am very aware that it is not considered "normal". The way I look at it, is if people can drink wine while taking a bath, why not being a snack since I can't/won't drink wine.

I would love to hear people's opinion whether it be good or bad. Also, I would happy to find out in not the only one who does this.

I don't really take baths, but it doesn't seem too weird. If I took baths, then probably every now and then I probably bring in food. A shower on the other hand...how is it possible without getting your food wet? That would be my greatest concern.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Hahaha, I feel like I'd probably get whatever I was eating all soapy or something, and then take a bite by accident. I've never liked bringing wine into the bath with me, glass + slippery surfaces = a bad idea when you're clumsy.

Haha. I sit in my tub with shower head on but no drain plug. Probably another weird thing no one does lol.

Oh I do this when I've had too much to drink!

Me too. In my misspent youth mostly. Passed out with the water running too
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're all odd

Every last one of you

Bunch of freaks and weirdos

(Might be why I like it here)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You're all odd

Every last one of you

Bunch of freaks and weirdos

(Might be why I like it here)

HaHa yes indeedy. This has been a most enlightening thread :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee in the shower all the time (I even have a plastic coffee cup), but only if hubby's not showering with me, if we are sharing the shower I've got my hands to busy to hold the cup. I drink wine (again with a plastic glass) in the tub pretty much every time I have a bath. I highly recommend plastic cups and glasses as cleaning shattered glass out of a tub or shower is a pain. I can't recall ever eating food in the tub or shower.
  • NeverGivingUp
    NeverGivingUp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can't wait to eat???? That you feel the need to do it during bathing time???? There's a time and a place for everything!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I've learned so many new things from this thread.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all 8 pages of replies lol but no.

the most is a glass of wine in the bath.

LOLOL
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Never crossed my mind to eat in the shower.

I learned something today.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I keep glucose tablets near me in the bathroom. For some odd reason, hot water drops my blood sugar really quickly (especially if I just took an insulin bolus), so I need to have some fast-acting carbs nearby in the event that I do go low.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Ditto on this but the one thing that comes to mind is wow! If I couldn't stay away from food long enough to take a shower, I'd get help. That's a problem.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I keep glucose tablets near me in the bathroom. For some odd reason, hot water drops my blood sugar really quickly (especially if I just took an insulin bolus), so I need to have some fast-acting carbs nearby in the event that I do go low.

I went through a 3-4 month period where getting into a hot shower first thing in the morning would make me pass out! So weird! Doc told me "eat before shower" (gee, thanks for the actual diagnosis, right?) but then it passed and it's never happened again...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Ditto on this but the one thing that comes to mind is wow! If I couldn't stay away from food long enough to take a shower, I'd get help. That's a problem.

Its not that she cant stay away from food, its just something she enjoys doing.