What made you fat?

Replies

• otheliemoor
    otheliemoor Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2015
    When I was 18-24 I lived in a one room apartment that didn't have a working freezer or oven. In addition it was in the middle of town with take away options all around. So I ate to much.

When I moved to somewhere with a kitchen those bad habits stayed with me for another 4 years before I started cooking food and eating regular meals.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Eating a little too much for a long time.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    40 years of carb abuse.
  • bfrance
    bfrance Posts: 23 Member
    brownies, cake, fried shrimp, cookies, donuts, In N Out, fried fish, candy, apple pie with ice cream, bagels with cream cheese and thick bacon, milkshakes, etc.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Far to many nights doing this.
    86xa0V3T4fR8k.gif[\img]
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    For me it started when my uncle used to literally by me all sorts of candy every day along with a 1 liter of soda. Also my mom, being from the south, cooked fried chicken A LOT. All of that plus little to no knowledge about diet or nutrition at time along with eating anything I wanted whenever I wanted.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    I made poor decisions.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Laziness and greed.
  • pineappledreams32
    pineappledreams32 Posts: 24 Member
    getting out of high school and no longer be as active like with sports like i use to then not watching what i eat, back then i could eat a cake and not gain a thing with all the sports. then i just got careless and yup here i am today 80lbs heavier and trying to become a healthier me..
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Drinking a lot of alcohol for 25 years and eating junk afterwards.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Lying manufacturers and their inaccurately reported nutritional information made me fat.

I wish the USDA would make manufacturers honest!
  • thursdayswoman
    thursdayswoman Posts: 60 Member
    Graduate school. Food was always an emotional thing for me, but until graduate school I managed to stay both physically fit and a healthy weight. And then I went to graduate school, and doing anything except studying-reading-writing seemed somehow like a waste of time. And then there was the emotional eating that went through the roof. And straight to my butt.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Wendy's, alcohol, pizza
    Bad habits
  • Trying to cover up the thoughts of killing yourself with food
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Is this a trick question? LOL Here is the anwser... hand to food, food to mouth... I take all the blame for my fatness..I have to , no one else fed me. :smiley:
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Originally got fat when I was a child right after my parents divorced, got it under control as a teen, but didn't know nutrition and ballooned up the minute I moved out on my own being lazy and eating crap, I think I have finally figured it out now... I hope.
  • aemw93
    aemw93 Posts: 134 Member
    I was never fat, thank god for my metabolism, but my parents didn't have restrictions on what I could eat or when so I developed very unhealthy eating habits! Chocolate for breakfast? Sure. 3 bags of crisps in one sitting? Knock yourself out. It was a food free-for-all :p
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    cakes.. lots and lots of it..

• sunlovdove445
    sunlovdove445 Posts: 13 Member
    vividii wrote: »
    Getting a car. Prior to getting a car, I underestimated how much exercise I got just getting places, even with taking public transportation. Driving everywhere and not adjusting how I ate had a big impact on my weight.

Getting a car all those years ago definitely contributed to my fatness. Before, i would think "Mcdonalds' sounds good. But i don't wanna take a bus and then transfer and then come back. Thats a long trip. And i'm not gonna walk 3 miles! I'll just get it later".

After i got a car "hey. It'll be a 20 minute round trip and i don't even have to use my legs!" Fatness came easy

Definitely same for me. I had to bike to get to nearest food joint and that always deterred me. As soon as I got a car though, the drive in at Wendy's was always an option! #2, medium fry and a few other things every week to binge on. Oh and I got no exercise.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Thinking I could eat whatever I wanted, because I run lots of miles. You can't out train a bad diet.