Updated pics and success story. 100 lbs lost

Options
jharris1378
jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
I started my journey in January 2014 due to the dr telling me I was diabetic. That did not sit well with me. I thought how could I do this to myself. So I started a diet. I just wanted to control my sugar. Now I've done many diets in the past and failed them all. This time I realized that diets won't work. It got to be a lifestyle change. So I began exercising and learning as much as I could about health. The biggest slap in the face I had was when I realized that all my poor decision making had effected my son. He no longer wanted me to get up and play because I had said no so many times in the past. All due to being unhealthy. Now he just wanted to play video games. The tables have turned and I now have to pull him off the couch to be active. Hopefully I will soon undo what I have done. I am now a very active person. I am an avid runner and participate in many 5k's. My current weight is 175 which was my original goal but now Im thinking I want to drop another 20. Anyway thanks for reading my story. Maybe it will motivate someone to create their own. anjn6v9wvvs7.jpg
ub8mwv0ji9yf.jpg

Replies

• mountainguru
    mountainguru Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow!! Congrats on becoming healthy. You look great.

It's never too late to influence your son. I believe that even if he doesn't participate yet, he sees you as being happier and healthier and he will benefit from your good example. Way to go!
  • BigdogEMT
    BigdogEMT Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are one great dad! You have made a great move to insure you and he have a great future together!
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did an amazing job! I think that seeing the impact on your son is a great reason to get healthy. I'm sure that he will see the new you and start to pick up some of your healthy new habits. You look great!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome! Children learn what they live so keep setting a good example and he will follow :)
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's a crazy fabulous accomplishment for only a year. Congratulations!
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm just wondering with all the healthful changes if you're using medication to control the diabetes?
  • nicoleyg
    nicoleyg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Congratulations to you. Good luck with your son :)
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing indeed!!!! Congratulations for getting your life back!
  • jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »
    Great job! I'm just wondering with all the healthful changes if you're using medication to control the diabetes?

I am not on diabetic medicine. After the first two week my blood sugar was controlled by diet and excercise
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    congratulations you've done a great job I hear you what you say about your son I feel the same way about my kids I've taught too many bad habits and I need to undo that it's painful to see you but I know I can fix it
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »

I am not on diabetic medicine. After the first two week my blood sugar was controlled by diet and excercise

Amazing. What a great accomplishment!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!! :D
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look great!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your success! :smile:
  • ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Many congrats to you. You look awesome.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Curious (envious?) as to how you were able to reduce your need for medication so quickly. Did you do low carb, calorie counting? Congrats to you...its great that you're such a positive example to your son. It has to be hard to "compete" with a video game, but you can do it, I'm sure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!