Options
1235»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Marie047 wrote: »
    I tend to juice for 7 days straight once in a while, whilst I do lose weight on it, I tend to do it because I have gone a stupidly eaten Gluten for a few weeks and its kills me with my IBS, and juicing for 7 days gets rid of all the symptoms quickly. However I do still have a juice every morning regardless as part of my breakfast, each to there own. You can lose weight on it however you need to be mindful that you are reducing your cals and after a week don't go straight back to previous eating as you would or you reverse everything. I tend to do after the week a juice for breakfast, soup/salad/juice for lunch and then a main meal ie salmon, chicken etc for the next week, then bring back more cals.

Thank you for that info!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!! I am not sure if I have celiacs or a gluten sensitivity yet. Doc hasn't narrowed that down yet but my digestive system literally was non functional. So we are doing gluten free right now because he would rather see me feeling good than having a labeled diagnosis. I also couldn't get my vitamin levels up and was sleeping a lot. It's getting better slowly. Just trying to make healthy baby steps. So thank you for ideas!

If you think you might have Celiac disease, there is a simple blood test to check for markers. If you have these markers, you need an endoscopic biopsy to diagnose Celiac. I would never ever ever suggest that someone who thinks they might have Celiac disease try a gluten free diet. It actually is important to know for certain if it is Celiac, or just a sensitivity etc. Celiac's raises your risk for certain cancers etc. and raises the risk of your kids also having celiac disease.

On a side note, I really don't understand why you would want to do a juice diet because you think you might have CD. After a celiac diagnosis, the most important thing you can do is give your body time to heal by eating a nutritious balanced diet, and really watch your diet for cross contamination from things that contain (wheat, spelt, barley, and rye) or may contain gluten that you would never guess: liquorice, malt vinegar (barley), many worcestershire sauces, soy sauce, imitation crab, medications, pickles, gum, etc etc.
  • elsewhere985
    Options
    depends on what you trying to achieve... just want to lose weight/water very quick juice but i say eat your 6 meals a day and drink either a juice or smoothie as the snack. You want your body to get the right amount nutrition's it needs.... watch your intake on calories and stay away from sugars and fats with 30-40 mins of exercise a day and your body will repay you without questions... Good Luck and only you can decide what you want !
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    kmatschke wrote: »
    I did Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse, no significant weight loss but it helped me quit smoking! So I agree with the toxins cleanse and I felt more energized. Great way to start a diet.

People will never learn.

Oh well.

Day 1 of the Peeps Cleanse! Who's with me? I need support and motivation to help me rid my body of all these toxinz!

You cannot start yet. I haven't received payment in any form. I put the (TM) out there, so y'all can't just go peep cleansing without sending me a check.

Yo, do you deliver peep cleanse to the wilderness of Canada??
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    kmatschke wrote: »
    I did Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse, no significant weight loss but it helped me quit smoking! So I agree with the toxins cleanse and I felt more energized. Great way to start a diet.

People will never learn.

Oh well.

Day 1 of the Peeps Cleanse! Who's with me? I need support and motivation to help me rid my body of all these toxinz!

You cannot start yet. I haven't received payment in any form. I put the (TM) out there, so y'all can't just go peep cleansing without sending me a check.

Yo, do you deliver peep cleanse to the wilderness of Canada??

We can work out a delivery system with our network of bush pilots and brown bears. Or Amazon.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Dude, you need to take this Peeps Cleanse thing onto Dr. Oz or Oprah or somebody, you know some reputable medical source, for an endorsement.

:lol:

I totally think we can get Dr. Oz on board. First, bright colors play well on TV, and will look real purty next to his unnecessary scrubs wardrobe. Second, it would be super easy to slap his picture on a package of peeps. Third, the makers of the peeps would profit from the now year-round market for the product, even though we will threaten everyone that they will stop making them soon and they will all either die or suffer metabolic damage from all the toxinz if they don't get them before they are gone. And fourth, I bet a diet of all peeps will eventually make your poop odd colors, and Dr. Oz loves to discuss poop on the air.

We can do this! The Dr. Oz MFP Peep Cleanse!
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lissa_Kaye wrote: »
    I love to juice, but I juice to supplement diet. For me I notice a huge difference in my skin after juicing regularly for several weeks. The best is to juice your veggies, eat your fruits. Only use small amounts of fruit to make the juices palatable. Juice all your nice dark green veggies. I love to juice kale, lettuce, celery, cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage with a little able and beet in it to sweeten. You can also add tumeric for anti inflammatory properties.
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    I like making a juice of mostly vegetables in the afternoon as a pick me up instead of turning to coffee. But I could never drink one as a meal replacement - I'd be too hungry. But that's just me.

I agree Lissa and Lynn.

OMG I love juicing but not as a meal replacement. I wish I had more time and then I would do it as a regular thing. It is refreshing, revitalising and when I am on a juicing kick, I feel amazing. However, I only juice in conjunction with a balanced diet. I also have a Ninja and make a lot of vegetable and fruit smoothies. I like both methods and alternate between the two. The Ninja is the easiest and quickest to use but nothing beats the taste of a juice.

My 17 year old son had Glandular Fever years ago and like most teenagers he had a terrible diet so out came the juicer. I would get as many vegetables as I could into his morning and afternoon juice and the improvement in his health was truly remarkable. From an extremely ill young man, he was back to his normal self in no time. However, the real change came in the type of food he ate. His appetite increased for natural foods and his junk food cravings decreased.

I am not sure I would go on a 60 day juice diet but if I was ill, I would definitely turn to juicing or my Ninja for an added boost of nutrition.
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    Marie047 wrote: »
    I tend to juice for 7 days straight once in a while, whilst I do lose weight on it, I tend to do it because I have gone a stupidly eaten Gluten for a few weeks and its kills me with my IBS, and juicing for 7 days gets rid of all the symptoms quickly. However I do still have a juice every morning regardless as part of my breakfast, each to there own. You can lose weight on it however you need to be mindful that you are reducing your cals and after a week don't go straight back to previous eating as you would or you reverse everything. I tend to do after the week a juice for breakfast, soup/salad/juice for lunch and then a main meal ie salmon, chicken etc for the next week, then bring back more cals.

Thank you for that info!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!! I am not sure if I have celiacs or a gluten sensitivity yet. Doc hasn't narrowed that down yet but my digestive system literally was non functional. So we are doing gluten free right now because he would rather see me feeling good than having a labeled diagnosis. I also couldn't get my vitamin levels up and was sleeping a lot. It's getting better slowly. Just trying to make healthy baby steps. So thank you for ideas!

If you think you might have Celiac disease, there is a simple blood test to check for markers. If you have these markers, you need an endoscopic biopsy to diagnose Celiac. I would never ever ever suggest that someone who thinks they might have Celiac disease try a gluten free diet. It actually is important to know for certain if it is Celiac, or just a sensitivity etc. Celiac's raises your risk for certain cancers etc. and raises the risk of your kids also having celiac disease.

On a side note, I really don't understand why you would want to do a juice diet because you think you might have CD. After a celiac diagnosis, the most important thing you can do is give your body time to heal by eating a nutritious balanced diet, and really watch your diet for cross contamination from things that contain (wheat, spelt, barley, and rye) or may contain gluten that you would never guess: liquorice, malt vinegar (barley), many worcestershire sauces, soy sauce, imitation crab, medications, pickles, gum, etc etc.

I Don't recall saying I wanted to do a juice diet due to celiacs. I said I wasn't sure if I had cd or a sensitivity. Or something totally different for all we know. Due to my daughters gluten problem we as a family went GF. I am not as strict since I had no reason to be at first since my other docs swore gluten could never be my problem. My new dr disagreed but since I'm already off gluten and have been we decided against the blood test and just continue the gluten free diet for right now since I could get inaccurate results and I feel better than I have in 3 years at least!

Before being g-free I was constipated 3 weeks out of a month, achy joints, vitamin levels that required a prescription, migraines, blurred vision, noise sensitivity, etc. Regardless of what or how I ate nothing and I mean NOTHING helped. I took all kinds of supplements, drank a ton of water, increased veggies and exercise, etc. So now I'm seeing a dietician to do gluten free correctly and trying to at least make sure I'm doing the right things for my body that way.

I don't intend to juice 3 meals a day. I was just considering it possibly as a meal replacement. Not necessarily daily. Just a way to increase my veggies.
  • ashlygraves
    Options
    depends on what you trying to achieve... just want to lose weight/water very quick juice but i say eat your 6 meals a day and drink either a juice or smoothie as the snack. You want your body to get the right amount nutrition's it needs.... watch your intake on calories and stay away from sugars and fats with 30-40 mins of exercise a day and your body will repay you without questions... Good Luck and only you can decide what you want !

Thank you!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Did you read the part where she said she was having issues absorbing nutrients and digestive issues? Because seriously staying away from fats is the WORST advice you can give as fat is important for nutrition absorption

Not that it matters as this is one of those threads where the OP only wants to hear / read what she wants to hear / read. <sighs>
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Did you read the part where she said she was having issues absorbing nutrients and digestive issues? Because seriously staying away from fats is the WORST advice you can give as fat is important for nutrition absorption

Not that it matters as this is one of those threads where the OP only wants to hear / read what she wants to hear / read. <sighs>

^^^Yep, the MFP train just keeps roll'n on.